Looks Like they are still trying to fool us

SeaGoingDAD

Carnivals policy on tips is that they are at the guests discretion. Nothing more or less really. If a guest is not satisfied with their service they should always speak to management first to see if it can be rectified. No sense being on vacation and not enjoying it because you feel service is subpar. Perhaps they can correct it

i'm not attempting to state what carnival's policies on tips are. i know full well what they are as they are in the cruise contract. je whatever is trying to claim that if a steward only cleans the cabin once a day that he is not doing his job which can be completely false based on the policy of that ship.

for some people, they can consider service to be subpar if they got 4 cleanings a day. it is immaterial what we, as customers, think we should get for service, carnival's policies decide what is proper service. if we as customers don't agree with carnival's policies about service then we are free to cruise on some other line or stop cruising completely.

You are adding nonsense. We all know that twice a day service is the standard.

sorry but the nonsense is yours. you know full well there are ships where that policy has been changed. if you don't like that policy, don't sail carnival. easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

but, in my opinion, i'm going to bet that you are probably a platinum who feels they have earned there benefits and none of your benefits should ever change which is why you won't go sail a different line because you don't want to start at the bottom again. just my theory, that's all.

but if one wants to reduce or remove tips cased on what they think they should be getting instead of what they are supposed to be getting, that's fine. it just pushes carnival closer to the mandatory tips which i'm all for. it's interesting that on ncl, you can't even remove tips on the ship anymore. you have to request a card to fill out and mail back in when you get home. maybe carnival should adopt this program. just imagine how many people lose those cards on the way home. :D

You are adding nonsense. We all know that twice a day service is the standard.

What if it formally, and without ambiguity, changes to be an new standard of once a day?

(Although I already know every single counter-argument and empty rebuttal the vacuous can churn forth... because it's all the same regurgitated losing argument over and over and over again).

I get EXACTLY the service I require. Nothing less.

You have made your point many, many, many times that you have the power to pull tips if anything occurs that does not meet your standards. We get that, quoting what you believe are standards and accepted are up for debate.

Edited by jimbo5544

What if it formally, and without ambiguity, changes to be an new standard of once a day?

(Although I already know every single counter-argument and empty rebuttal the vacuous can churn forth... because it's all the same regurgitated losing argument over and over and over again).

Then I suppose 10 threads will be started and it can be discussed then.

Until then, ALL ships have standard twice a day service.

You have made your point many, many, many times that you have the power to pull tips if anything occurs that does not meet your standards. We get that, quoting what you believe are standards and accepted are up for debate.

Absolutely. Any servant that does not perform according to my standards can very easily be replaced. Everyone pretty much knows what that entails in the vacation industry.

Then I suppose 10 threads will be started and it can be discussed then.

Until then, ALL ships have standard twice a day service.

At least In your opinion. Carnival has a much different one, but they are just the cruise line.

Edited by jimbo5544

sorry but the nonsense is yours. you know full well there are ships where that policy has been changed. if you don't like that policy, don't sail carnival. easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

but, in my opinion, i'm going to bet that you are probably a platinum who feels they have earned there benefits and none of your benefits should ever change which is why you won't go sail a different line because you don't want to start at the bottom again. just my theory, that's all.

but if one wants to reduce or remove tips cased on what they think they should be getting instead of what they are supposed to be getting, that's fine. it just pushes carnival closer to the mandatory tips which i'm all for. it's interesting that on ncl, you can't even remove tips on the ship anymore. you have to request a card to fill out and mail back in when you get home. maybe carnival should adopt this program. just imagine how many people lose those cards on the way home. :D

Irrelevant to bring another line into this that has a different procedure.

Lol, it is. Only thing missing is the "not going to ruin my vacation" line.

i think it is the correct frame of mind for the poster as they think they are superior to everyone else.

Why are you the least bit surprised? Cash is the hammer you use to beat those who serve you. :rolleyes:

Yep. I agree with all of you.

je whatever is trying to claim that if a steward only cleans the cabin once a day that he is not doing his job which can be completely false based on the policy of that ship.

Technically speaking, your above statement is accurate.

What Je should say is not that the steward isn't doing their job, but that he is not satisfied with the job they are doing.

If that's what comes to be, I'll deal with it. Maybe differently than you would.

Once the pampering stops, I would just tell them to skip me altogether, and I'll leave 1/7th of a tip for a 7 day cruise.

you can believe what you want.....and i'm sure you do.....but your statement is false.

John Heald continues to tell us that twice a day service is available. Unless he's lying, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was, all Carnival ships have twice a day service available. Even the ones that the stewards try to tell you that it isn't. And that little lie would be grounds for the housekeeping tip removal.

Edited by Thorncroft

Just off the Sunshine last week, no "letter", no asking... service twice a day, asked for ice, got 2 buckets a day. Great steward, Paul was his name. Seemed like there was a crew of ladies that came around in the evening and did a whole bunch of cabins, never saw them in the morning. Paul seemed to be around all the time. Not the best service ever but dang close... extra tip was deserved and delivered.

There are many things we have come to expect over the years, tablecloths, chocolates on pillows, bringing water on board etc that have been done away with so why would you think that twice a day service being expect is written in stone permanently or chocolate lava cake for that matter.

You can come to expect all you want but ultimately carnival and will change whatever they want as they've proven over and over. I'd be more than happy if they would just include the price of tips into the price of the cruise fare and stop all this arrogant nonsense once and for all.

and along comes Guys, Blue Iguana, Comedy Club, Thrill and Imax theaters, Sky Rides and Ropes courses, Chef's Table, Alchemy Bar, Diamond level, etc., etc., etc.

I don't see Carnival including tips in the base price as nobody would read the fine print and it would put Carnival at a competitive disadvantage when it comes to price.

There are many things we have come to expect over the years, tablecloths, chocolates on pillows, bringing water on board etc that have been done away with so why would you think that twice a day service being expect is written in stone permanently or chocolate lava cake for that matter.

You can come to expect all you want but ultimately carnival and will change whatever they want as they've proven over and over. I'd be more than happy if they would just include the price of tips into the price of the cruise fare and stop all this arrogant nonsense once and for all.

Hold your horses right there! Don't be talking about getting rid of my Chocolate Melting Cake! All that other stuff is small potatoes compared to doing away with the infamous CMC. Them's fightin' words LOL!