Cruising the Caribbean on the Re_al Princess : A pictorial review

scubacruiserx2

At breakfast we decided not to snorkel or swim at Princess Cays , so we would just walk around and take photos . It is a tender port and the weather was cool with beautiful sun and skies .

IMG_6995_zpszjo8b2ae.jpg

It's also a long way from Perth !

IMG_7001_zpskgoetf3i.jpg

The water is usually flat and calm on this side of the island , but a cold front from the previous day had things churned up a little .

IMG_7007-001_zpscztogrya.jpg

IMG_7000_zpsorshksku.jpg

IMG_7014_zpsecpn1zfx.jpg

The end of the road

IMG_7016_zpsv6sbi7bc.jpg

I'm really enjoying your review, and I'm especially happy to see your cabin pictures. We recently booked a Canada/NE foliage cruise for 2017, and ended up choosing a Deluxe Balcony because I thought prices were way too high for anything else!:eek:

We settled on D410 which has an oversized angled balcony, because DH doesn't want to be aft in the Atlantic in October.:rolleyes: I've been a little concerned about feeling cramped, but your pictures eased my worries. We only have one sea day, so I didn't want to pay for a mini-suite or suite, but I also had to have a seating area with at least a love seat and absolutely didn't want a balcony that was only a sliver! The Deluxe Balcony seemed like a good compromise.

Edited by Cindy

I'm really enjoying your review, and I'm especially happy to see your cabin pictures. We recently booked a Canada/NE foliage cruise for 2017, and ended up choosing a Deluxe Balcony because I thought prices were way too high for anything else!:eek:

We settled on D410 which has an oversized angled balcony, because DH doesn't want to be aft in the Atlantic in October.:rolleyes: I've been a little concerned about feeling cramped, but your pictures eased my worries. We only have one sea day, so I didn't want to pay for a mini-suite or suite, but I also had to have a seating area with at least a love seat and absolutely didn't want a balcony that was only a sliver! The Deluxe Balcony seemed like a good compromise.

Thank you.

Nice. We have not been able to get an angled balcony. Enjoy.

It's a classic , but every time I watch it - it always turns out the same !

;)

While on the Regal they had they had the Love Boat - on demand !

IMG_7749_zpsx99b7555.jpg

Yeah, and sonny and Cher get a bit repetitive.:rolleyes:

On the CB, they had the love boat as well, constantly playing episodes.

Enjoying your reveiw. Love the pictures and great information. Will be boarding next Sunday. Can hardly wait.

Thank you Pmorton3360

I am sure you will really enjoy the Regal, she is a beautiful ship. Not to mention, the weather will be a nice change for you. We will watch you at "sail away".:)

Edited by scubacruiserx2

I had no interest in sailing on Royal or Regal until I saw your photos. From here, I'm heading to the Princess website to take a look at Regal for late this year or next year! Thanks so much for sharing your photos!

Claudia

Your are welcome.

The Regal will be doing Canada in the Fall and then back down to the Caribbean for the winter season. The Royal will be in the Caribbean next Fall and Winter after she returns from the Mediterranean.

Princess Cays looks quite nice, Is it a private island just for Princess or do other Carnival Corp Lines get to use it as well (HAL, Carnival, etc)

Princess Cays ( Eleuthera ) is exclusive to Princess . HAL and Carnival use Half Moon Cay .

P1030224.jpg

P1030175.jpg

And as you can see , the ocean was much calmer when we visited HMC on HAL .

:) :D

P1030186.jpg

Here's a few more shots from Princess Cays .

IMG_7021_zpsgok58ne8.jpg

The previous photo was taken from the elevated overlook in the background .

IMG_7023_zpsygwd1qma.jpg

Walking out to the lifeguard area

IMG_7027_zpsemwbi0gr.jpg

IMG_7033_zps5sbeifso.jpg

IMG_7035_zpst60drrif.jpg

Rental Cabanas

IMG_7036_zpsesmcumpa.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Nice, I have heard about those Cabanas, I would imagine they are very popular.:D

We saw 18 of them but only 1 with a reserved sign .

IMG_7038_zpsyhhlv20x.jpg

We think that the weather may have had something to do with it since it was cool and breezy . On a hot and humid day , the fan and air conditioning inside would be a welcome relief . They also include a plastic table and chairs inside and a fresh water shower on the side . But no private bathrooms or a curtain for privacy while changing !

IMG_7053_zpszjt1ej1f.jpg

Great review. We loved our aft suite on the Regal last December. We have a Deluxe aft for our first B2B this December.

Thank you , we love our aft's too ! B2B are great . And we had a similar view on a TA on the Celebrity Eclipse last Spring and loved it also .

IMG_6934_zps3tvkjipv.jpg

And the review of that cruise , Total Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Tradewinds Transatlantic Crossing 2015 , just surpassed 200,000 views !

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2213388 :) :D

Great photos! What type of camera did you use?

Thanks Dreamer333 . I shoot a Canon D6 SLR with a 24-105 lens or a 17-40 wide angle lens . Also a Sony RX -100 III pocket camera which I use for food shots and usually take on shore excursions . But the on Princess Cays I used the bigger Canon . ;)

You took the best photos I've ever seen of printed materials--the Patters, menus, etc. How did you take them?

I just put them on the carpet and bounce the flash from the Sony camera off the wall . I then crop , sharpen and put a border on them . The menus use the same camera , but it's much harder to get them straight !