Celebrities on board

Funbobby68

Debatable .....

Walking Dead is number 1 on Cable Network TV with a 7.1 Nielsen rating for the week of Feb. 8th.

NCIS is the number 1 rated show on Prime Time Network TV with a Nielsen rating of 10.4 for the same week.

I would say 10.4 beats 7.1...just to add these are my two favorite shows.

Ok you got me :o I dont watch network tv much at all except for the local news. I just know TWD has been consistently around the 17 million viewers range for a long time. Thats pretty strong. Id say at least the main characters like Rick and Daryl are most certainly celebrities by now.

This question has been asked several times in the past. Tried searching for some posts but I cannot for the life of me get any to come up....

I tried looking too, but was overloaded with threads about Celebrity Cruises.

Using the search word "famous" brings up two pages of threads, albeit some of them are older.

OMG My wife would be beside herself .... She quite smitten with him

Does your wife know "the story" of what John Travolta got himself into while on board that ship ?

I bet your wife would un-smit herself over dirty birdy Travolta!

http://www.thewrap.com/john-travolta-sued-again-cruise-ship-attendant-claims-massage-mischief-45451/

Debatable .....

Walking Dead is number 1 on Cable Network TV with a 7.1 Nielsen rating for the week of Feb. 8th.

NCIS is the number 1 rated show on Prime Time Network TV with a Nielsen rating of 10.4 for the same week.

I would say 10.4 beats 7.1...just to add these are my two favorite shows.

Good point.

For us Walking Dead fans::D

We were on a cruise several years ago with a professional basketball player. I did not recognize him, since he wasn't from a team that I follow....but my DH did. He was very easy to spot wherever he went.....and we found out that he was in a suite on our floor, by accident. How the devil did he fit in the shower, was all I could wonder?

DH knew the basketball player to be Ervin Johnson (the other Johnson, not Magic) from the Milwaukee Bucks.

Well not really a celebrity but the sister of Nicole Brown Simpson, Denise was on our cruise. It was a 7 day cruise to New England and Canada on the Victory. Her table was next to ours. Then on the way home from the Port of Baltimore we saw Mike Tyson in the rest stop on 95.

Just wondering if anyone has cruise with any actors or actresses, or musicians, personally I have not but came really close to booking the walker stalker cruise , with some of the cast of walking dead

I am dating myself, but our first cruise was on the Sovereign and Jerry Lewis was taping his Labor Day Show. In addition to Jerry, there were the Platters, Charo, and Fred Travalino. What shows we had! A few years later John Davidson was on for New Years Eve. Spectacular! We have also had the pleasure of seeing Peter Noone. It's been a while since those performers have been on any ship we've been on. We really enjoyed them!

Exactly. My question is, why would they NOT be celebrities? Its the #1 show on TV!
Okay- I confess that I'm culturally deprived (well, if that is what passes for culture). Maybe I'll quit traveling (last three months: South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, St. Helena, Brazil, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico) so that I can be more knowledgeable. On second thought, I think I'll stick to real world experiences...

A lot of celebrities on the Disney cruises I have been on

Some Disney channel stars (most that my children knew but I didn't) and others from the Disney family shows such as Whoopie Goldberg, members of Dancing with the Stars, John Stamos, Jonas Brothers, Jennie Garth with then husband Peter Facinelli and their children. Sam Champions, Samantha Brown, Neil Patrick Harris, Tim Gunn and I am sure others I am forgetting

Edited by jonj

Okay- I confess that I'm culturally deprived (well, if that is what passes for culture). Maybe I'll quit traveling (last three months: South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, St. Helena, Brazil, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico) so that I can be more knowledgeable. On second thought, I think I'll stick to real world experiences...

Not really sure why "real world experiences" and pop culture have to be mutually exclusive. I've traveled all over the world, and I still enjoy Walking Dead. To each their own.

I was on the same Enchantment of the Seas sailing as Bam Margera in 2011 and found myself aboard a baseball theme cruise in 2012 on MSC Poesia. I met a few players (Ken Griffey Sr., Art Shamsky, Jim Fregosi, Darold Knowles and Stan Bahnsen), got some autographs, etc. At one point I shared a cab back to the ship from port with Shamsky and his wife. All were exceptionally nice people.

Edited by ashley@cruisecritic

It's pretty funny that you take that subject as some lame opportunity to brag about your travels.

Edited by bouhunter

On our 2006 Alaska cruise on the Radiance of the Seas, I ran into Doris Roberts (Marie on "Everybody Loves Raymond). I mean physically ran into her, damn near set her on her butt (wasn't paying attention to where I was going). We saw her numerous times during the cruise, very nice lady.