Princess Tote Bags

sissylala

Are these tote bags available for sale in, I think it's Calypso Cove, that sells souvenirs, and if so, please may I have a price? So I can "tweak" my budget if I need to buy 1 tote bag or more for friends-easiest packing of souvenirs out, just pop it in a bag and hand the goodies over!:D

I'm on a 3 night cruise, have no problem with actually-shock, horror! PAYING for a tote bag or several as mementos of my cruise, and handy packaging for gifts for friends.

I was being inquisitive, and searching the Port Authority information for both Sydney and Melbourne ports. I've possibly found in November, 2017, a 3 night cruise sailing Melbourne-Sydney, the same sailing the original 2 night cruise was to sail. I should know next year's cruise schedule here in Australia by late April, and if I'm right in my guess, must put money aside to buy myself at least 1, possibly 2 Future Cruise Credits!

My TA explained that when I buy 1 or more on the ship, she will receive an email with the details, so I will have a reduced deposit on a future cruise. As I understand it, this would mean I could arrive home on the Tuesday night-staying overnight in my Disembarkation port and flying home the next day, and go to the TA with all the relevant details to book my next cruise on the Wednesday morning!

I would like to achieve Elite status BEFORE I sail to Tasmania for my possibly Belated 60th Birthday present to myself. 1 cruise every 12-14 months will do this, with 5 years to complete 4 cruises. Sailing solo in a Window Suite, based on information I read here on Cruise Critic, I should, on completion of the 5th cruise, earn my 15th Cruise Credit and become Elite. I do have the option of leaving about 18 months between 2 cruises, which would help with "squirrelling" cash towards the Big Cruise.

Debating whether to sail Golden Princess in a Window Suite Round Trip from Melbourne for 6 nights, or Emerald Princess in a Penthouse Suite Round Trips for Sydney for 8 nights. I costed the 2 sailings, and it's between $3,000-$4,000 difference-don't have my notes handy to verify my calculations. I'm not sure having a Balcony for my 60th Birthday AND the Suite Perks, is all that important to me. Sure a Balcony is nice, but a friend warned me that opening the Balcony door can be quite difficult due to the door being heavy-she was concerned I wouldn't be able to do it myself due to physical disability-I can travel independently, just not good at balancing and opening a heavy door! To have both, I need to sail on the Emerald Princess, but needing Handicapped Access means the Handicapped Accessible Penthouse Suite, which in turn means spending $$$$$!

Did not get any a couple of weeks ago on the Crown.(I really don't need another one.0:eek:) But, Ms. Stewart told me they do not give them out on short cruises. After reading these posts I am curious if we get one on our 7 day in a few weeks.

I have been on numerous short cruises on many ships & have always gotten one except this last cruise on the Crown. Received one on the Jan 18th sailing on the Crown, on the Feb 5th sailing my cabin steward told me they had run out.

I swear we got one on our 5 night cruise last year, and we definitely got one on the Royal on Feb 8. It's real handy to tote things around on board ship (book, towel, sunscreen, hat, camera or cell phone), especially if you forgot to bring a string backpack like I did. If you have a lot, I bet a local school or women's or homeless shelter would love to have them.

Are these tote bags available for sale in, I think it's Calypso Cove, that sells souvenirs, and if so, please may I have a price? So I can "tweak" my budget if I need to buy 1 tote bag or more for friends-easiest packing of souvenirs out, just pop it in a bag and hand the goodies over!:D

I'm on a 3 night cruise, have no problem with actually-shock, horror! PAYING for a tote bag or several as mementos of my cruise, and handy packaging for gifts for friends.

They sell them on ebay if you really want to buy one. There are two types, the cheap thin blue ones they give out to all passengers or the canvas nice ones they put in suites. Both have the Princess logo.

Edited by cruzsnooze

I would like to achieve Elite status BEFORE I sail to Tasmania for my possibly Belated 60th Birthday present to myself. 1 cruise every 12-14 months will do this, with 5 years to complete 4 cruises. Sailing solo in a Window Suite, based on information I read here on Cruise Critic, I should, on completion of the 5th cruise, earn my 15th Cruise Credit and become Elite. I do have the option of leaving about 18 months between 2 cruises, which would help with "squirrelling" cash towards the Big Cruise.

Debating whether to sail Golden Princess in a Window Suite Round Trip from Melbourne for 6 nights, or Emerald Princess in a Penthouse Suite Round Trips for Sydney for 8 nights. I costed the 2 sailings, and it's between $3,000-$4,000 difference-don't have my notes handy to verify my calculations. I'm not sure having a Balcony for my 60th Birthday AND the Suite Perks, is all that important to me. Sure a Balcony is nice, but a friend warned me that opening the Balcony door can be quite difficult due to the door being heavy-she was concerned I wouldn't be able to do it myself due to physical disability-I can travel independently, just not good at balancing and opening a heavy door! To have both, I need to sail on the Emerald Princess, but needing Handicapped Access means the Handicapped Accessible Penthouse Suite, which in turn means spending $$$$$!

You will be "sooooo" disappointed if you sail in a suite. They do not have those paper blue tote bags. Instead, you will be given a canvas one that is white with Princess written all over it.

Sailing Solo??? I would book a Window Suite. More space than you will know what to do with. Closer to everything. Cheaper (priced almost like a mini-suite) but will full suite amenities.

No the blue bags are not for sale.

No the blue bags are not for sale.

THANK YOU! I'll make sure to get some cheap-0.15 cents a bag, plastic reusable bags from 1 of the supermarket chains before sailing. Makes it easier for me to pack the cousins" souvenirs together-they don't mind if their Christmas present comes a bit earlier, it's what they asked for!

In 248 days I'll be sailing down the East Coast of Australia

THANK YOU! I'll make sure to get some cheap-0.15 cents a bag, plastic reusable bags from 1 of the supermarket chains before sailing. Makes it easier for me to pack the cousins" souvenirs together-they don't mind if their Christmas present comes a bit earlier, it's what they asked for!

In 248 days I'll be sailing down the East Coast of Australia

If you are in a suite you will get the nice canvas bag. It is white and rather sturdy.

The bright blue bags are the paper composite type.

[quote name='Lucky TGO']If you look in the night table next to your bed and find one. I left it there for you. I never take them home.
Tony[/QUOTE]

If you leave the in the night table they'll probably be thrown away when they clean up. I've even packed them between the life jackets as a surprise the the next guests. :D

[quote name='birdiebill']We have eight or nine of them. We use them as reusable grocery bags when we remember to take them to the grocery with us. We now keep them in our car, but forgot to take them into the store on our last visit. Darn old age memory loss.........[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I use them for. Always starts a nice conversation with any cashier who has sailed Princess.

[quote name='Mare10']We were recently on the Caribbean Princess. We did not receive bags and were told they're changing them from the 50th anniversary. Hope to get them on our next cruise![/QUOTE]

We received the regular blue tote bags on the CB on our Jan 24 cruise and the canvas bags they give to the suite guests. Ours was NOT a 50th anniversary tote bag. It was exactly the the same as we have gotten on every Princess cruise. They probably just ran out.

[quote name='Once Upon A Time']Just off the Grand b2b.. Everyone had them on both cruises.. We don't use them in ports, but they make great grocery totes when we get home.. And everyone asks, where we've been :D[/QUOTE]

You can avoid this by turning them inside-out.
This almost makes them tolerable.

They are still not as good as the ones the local
supermarket sells for $0.99. The supermarket
ones are bigger, squarer, and have a piece of
thin flat plastic for the bottom to help the bag have
shape and stand up.

The princess bags are worth just what I pay for them...