new promotion- $1 deposits

happy traveler69

Isn't it a bit funny (or sad) how one question or comment can turn into a somewhat heated dispute. And, what's the issue if someone wants to pre-pay for something, they even allow you to pre-pay for excursions or gratuities. I imagine putting gifts on lay-a-way is not acceptable to some too...

Let's see the objectionable comments to this post now...I can handle it.

Isn't it a bit funny (or sad) how one question or comment can turn into a somewhat heated dispute. And, what's the issue if someone wants to pre-pay for something, they even allow you to pre-pay for excursions or gratuities. I imagine putting gifts on lay-a-way is not acceptable to some too...

Let's see the objectionable comments to this post now...I can handle it.

No issue with pre paying anything. It's a personal choice.

yup! it's a real promotion!!! and I booked it at 8am this morning!!! I made my deposit of $2! I could've put more on it, but I just wanted to brag among my friends that I booked a cruise for two bucks!!

I'm sorry for causing issue on this board with my question, I thought it was innocent. I apologize.

I am paying on an 8 nighter on carnival in October 2016, an 11 nighter in January 2017 with Royal, and now this one. no debt is involved.

I'm hearing that princess will get me spoiled, so I'm looking forward to it!! just help me to understand the differences with princess. how formal is dinner in the MDR, and how formal is formal night?

Glad you cleared this up because it was unclear if your previous cruises were taken or not. It was not about you personally , it was to point out a marketing gimmick that has many people fooled into booking a cruise for a dollar thinking it's a deal when it really not. You are apparently not one of those people.

The bottom line is still the same whether you deposit one dollar or a thousand dollars.

See what happens when you make ASSumptions, and speaking of such why would you think everyone who is booking these is being fooled by a marketing gimmick.....I have several booked which I may or may not actually go on but if I do decide to I have my preferred cabin, OBC and paid grats locked in and all of $10 invested vice hundreds if not more without this offer....hmmmmm....maybe I am getting fooled or is it you......and maybe I have YOUR preferred cabin locked down on a cruise you don't even know you want to go on yet....bummer for you if I do but for a small fee I MIGHT cancel and let you have it....LMAO

Actually, I did get a better deal by booking tonight, because knowing me, I would have booked next year a couple months out, gotten the same exact price but only half the amount of shipboard credit. The $1 deposit was a lure, but I got a great deal, none the less, regardless how much the deposit is

See what happens when you make ASSumptions, and speaking of such why would you think everyone who is booking these is being fooled by a marketing gimmick.....I have several booked which I may or may not actually go on but if I do decide to I have my preferred cabin, OBC and paid grats locked in and all of $10 invested vice hundreds if not more without this offer....hmmmmm....maybe I am getting fooled or is it you......and maybe I have YOUR preferred cabin locked down on a cruise you don't even know you want to go on yet....bummer for you if I do but for a small fee I MIGHT cancel and let you have it....LMAO

I didn't make assumptions I quoted you and you stated previous cruises NOT booked cruises. It's a marketing gimmick, plain and simple. Take a look at this thread , you may learn something.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2322666

Exactly - but who wants to put out $1000 before you need to? Or even $100?

Exactly! Why would I give them any money before I have to? I think it's a great promotion and I thank Princess for it. We're not going until April 2017, why would I tie up $X in a deposit when I'm 400+ days out if I don't need to?

I didn't make assumptions I quoted you and you stated previous cruises NOT booked cruises. It's a marketing gimmick, plain and simple. Take a look at this thread , you may learn something.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2322666

I had read that thread already and there is nothing there to learn.....again some people get fooled by ANY promotion but the majority of us that can afford to cruise didn't get to where we are by getting "tricked" into anything.

Promo's like this are VERY useful for me to take advantage of. I would NEVER put down full deposits on 4 or 5 cruises with the intention of only doing 1 or 2 of them without those $25 deposit or this $1 deposit promo's....sorry you can't seem to grasp the concept but actually its better for me that you don't cause the less that do means MORE choices for me!

yup!

I'm sorry for causing issue on this board with my question, I thought it was innocent. I apologize.

NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE !!!

You asked a simple question and others on here felt compelled to add their $.02 worth. Sometimes these roll call posts become more of an ego/confrontational forum for those that like to hear themselves spout off.

I hope you enjoy your cruise (and the others you spent sooo much to reserve) and you will become a regular Princess cruiser. Let us know what you think about Princess compared to others. We have decided that, for us, we like everything Princess has to offer.

Have a great vacation.

yup!

NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE !!!

You asked a simple question and others on here felt compelled to add their $.02 worth. Sometimes these roll call posts become more of an ego/confrontational forum for those that like to hear themselves spout off.

I hope you enjoy your cruise (and the others you spent sooo much to reserve) and you will become a regular Princess cruiser. Let us know what you think about Princess compared to others. We have decided that, for us, we like everything Princess has to offer.

Have a great vacation.

LOL.....Ain't that the truth

• 4 months later...

I'm reviewing this thread with a chuckle. a simple question went waaaaaaaaay left!

I paid off the October 2016 cruise, paid off the January 2017 cruise, more than halfway paid off this princess cruise, and booked another cruise for March 2017! I was able to do so through the help of the special promotions offered and chipping away at the balances. I haven't borrowed or entered debt to pay them off. just good old ole fashioned work and saving money!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Go to YouTube and this is the title.

Regal Princess October 2015 Halloween Cruise

You'll enjoy it.

I finally reviewed this just now. I'm on the sick and shut in list so I'm catching up on stuff!! that was a great video and it looks like a really wonderful time. I'll be on my first ever Halloween cruise (on another line) but I see how elaborate folks get with their costumes!!!!

I'm really looking forward to this Princess cruise!! 4/2/17 here comes the Davis girls!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app