Transport miami - ft.lauderdale

toban1

We are cruising out of Miami but because of scheduling we are flying into and out of ft. Lauderdale. We read somewhere that there are reasonably priced shuttle services between the two cities. Does anyone have any info or experience doing this? We would appreciate any information. Thanks in advance.

Jim & Evelyn

Just wondering, has anyone used QLS transportation for the Fort Lauderdale to Miami cruise port terminal?

We use QLS each time we sail out of Miami, they will pick up at hotel/cruise port and deliver you to hotel or airport. I think we pay $15pp each way. Nice shuttle vans and friendly company to deal with. Using them again next week as w fly into FLL, stay overnight and they will collect us around 10am to go to Miami.

We use QLS each time we sail out of Miami, they will pick up at hotel/cruise port and deliver you to hotel or airport. I think we pay $15pp each way. Nice shuttle vans and friendly company to deal with. Using them again next week as w fly into FLL, stay overnight and they will collect us around 10am to go to Miami.

Thank you. Good to know. I like the idea that you can prebook them in advance.

We are cruising out of Miami but because of scheduling we are flying into and out of ft. Lauderdale. We read somewhere that there are reasonably priced shuttle services between the two cities. Does anyone have any info or experience doing this? We would appreciate any information. Thanks in advance.

Jim & Evelyn

We also are flying into Fort Lauderdale and spending the night there before headind down to the POM. I've already made reservations with SAS (http://www.ridesas.com) to take us to the POM for our April Cruise. We've used SAS in the past. Very reliable and reasonable rates. $15.00 PP each way. They are a shared van service.

Edited by davekathy

I am wondering about renting a car at Fort Lauderdale airport, driving to whatever hotel we stay at and then dropping it at the port the next day. Does anybody have any experience in that?

I did that a few months ago. Rented from National upon arrival in FLL. The next day, I dropped it off at MIA, where National runs a shuttle from the car rental center to the port. They will also pick you up at the port with proof of a waiting rental. It's a great option. I will do it again.

Bennett of

Bennett and Debbie

There are many companies that will pick you up at FLL or Fort Lauderdale hotels and take you to MIA, the Port of Miami or Miami hotels, but I'm having difficulty finding a shuttle service operating in the other direction.

DW and I disembark in Miami on April 3 and stay overnight before flying out of FLL the following day. We were hoping for a shuttle pickup at our hotel, a stone's throw from the port, but so far no luck. Short of heading down to the port and taking a shuttle from there, if we'd even be allowed to enter the port, can anyone provide a possible solution?

We may end up taking Uber, but the various shuttle services are about half the price.

There are many companies that will pick you up at FLL or Fort Lauderdale hotels and take you to MIA, the Port of Miami or Miami hotels, but I'm having difficulty finding a shuttle service operating in the other direction.

DW and I disembark in Miami on April 3 and stay overnight before flying out of FLL the following day. We were hoping for a shuttle pickup at our hotel, a stone's throw from the port, but so far no luck. Short of heading down to the port and taking a shuttle from there, if we'd even be allowed to enter the port, can anyone provide a possible solution?

We may end up taking Uber, but the various shuttle services are about half the price.

I can see the issue here - most shuttle services are geared to transporting cruise passengers to FLL after the cruise. Thinking a little outside the box,

1. Have you considered moving your accommodations to a hotel outside of FLL, and using the port shuttles to get there (or to FLL where you would get a hotel shuttle)?

2. As was brought up earlier in this thread, rent a car from National/Alamo/ or I think Enterprise, take their shuttle from the port to the car rental center, and return it the next day at FLL. Pricing available to me puts it comparable to the shuttle services with the added benefit of flexibility. You would need to see what kind of deal you could get.

3. Have you tried Supershuttle? Their website had no problem quoting a reasonable price from a Hyatt Place near MIA to FLL.

Bennett of

Bennett and Debbie