Cruise director Amy Fickert-Southgate

mrizer7773

Anyone have any experience or reviews for cruise director Amy Fickert-Southgate?

Thanks!

She was our Cruise Director in 2014 on Radiance in Alaska...and was one of the best CD's we have ever seen.

Very approachable, entertaining, friendly, and informative.

051014_AM_Cruising_Day_C6_Roaming_Radiance_of_the_Seas_Running_into_Cruise_Director_Amy_Fickert2.jpg

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

After many cruises with RCI .... I really can't even remember the CD's we've had...however Amy Fickert was our's for Alaska Radiance May 2014 and then again for our Alaska Radiance Sept 2015, by then she had married and was Amy Fickert-Southgate...Will never forget her...just an amazing CD.

She was our Cruise Director in 2014 on Radiance in Alaska...and was one of the best CD's we have ever seen.

Very approachable, entertaining, friendly, and informative.

To each their own. We remember her by name, but for all the opposite reasons. Found her too over the top, too much energy is almost seemed fake, annoying catch phrase "Hi, I'm Amy, and your awesome!" made me want to gag every time I heard it. A cruise director does not make or break a cruise for us but she was our least favourite of the 9 cruises we have been on. That said...other people love that sort of stuff and love her. Liberty is a great ship, so the CD will not make or break your vacation either way.

• 2 months later...

We were on Liberty OTS last week and she was our CD.

We loved her.

Yeah, she may seem a little over the top to some and some may think her tag "I'm Amy, and you're awesome." is silly.

But to us, and millions of others, she's awesome.

I could think of a ton of others, from previous cruises, that couldn't hold a candle to her.

We are glad to have had her on our vacation.

To each their own. We remember her by name, but for all the opposite reasons. Found her too over the top, too much energy is almost seemed fake, annoying catch phrase "Hi, I'm Amy, and your awesome!" made me want to gag every time I heard it. A cruise director does not make or break a cruise for us but she was our least favourite of the 9 cruises we have been on. That said...other people love that sort of stuff and love her. Liberty is a great ship, so the CD will not make or break your vacation either way.

Thank you!! I was beginning to think I was the only one who found her over the top. Grating and annoying are typically my two words to describe her.

Well, that was when I saw her - which wasn't that often. Granted I don't do what they call entertainment on the ships (I don't enjoy "comedians" or "magicians" - and I did sit through ONE production show (for which a friend bought me a drink after as "hazard pay") so I'm much happier pretending the theater doesn't even exist on RCCL), but I'm not holed up in my cabin and I think I encountered her ONE time. WAAAAAAAY too saccharine and fake for my tastes.

But at the same time, I agree that a cruise director is not a make-or-break factor in my overall enjoyment of a cruise for me. If they are great (Christiaan from the Disney Dream is for me a perfect example - approachable and personable without being over the top UNLESS he is in performance mode as they are on DCL when introducing shows), it's a bonus. If they are horrid (as I found Amy to be), they don't make me hate the cruise, but it's one tick mark against it in reviews, etc.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Agree, found her to be fake and annoying.

As you say to each their own but I have to agree with you about the annoying phrase and over-the-top... I only have taken 3 cruises to date but of the 3 she is at the bottom of the cruise directors. She was on my 2nd Oasis cruise in January 2012...