Slippers in suites

highscar

Can anyone tell me if they are good enough make me leave mine at home?

The slippers we got on the Noordam were rubbish. The steward did offer to bring different sizes for my wife and me, which was helpful.

We had stayed two nights at the Pan Pacific in Vancouver before the cruise and I liked the slippers so much I kept them and brought them on the cruise. I'm glad we did that.

Can anyone tell me if they are good enough make me leave mine at home?

Answer to this is a bit subjective. I do not care much for them, but my wife likes them.

I generally bring mine home with me unused and donate them to a men's shelter - they seem to appreciate them.

Are slippers in Signature Suites too or just Neptune and Pinnacle suites?

Yes, in Signature Suites as well.

My opinion of them: Suitable for me to wear from the stateroom to/from the Spa or pool when I don't want my regular slippers to get wet.

What I have never figured out is why my Cabin Steward places a towel on the floor on the side of the bed where I enter. For the first night, that is where these slippers appear. What is the purpose of the towel?

I don't like them much - they are like spa slippers.

That is what I think as well. I do bring them home and take them with me on future cruises when I do not book a suite. Really great for going to/from the spa and while at the spa!

Any idea about the "towel on the floor next to the bed" purpose?

Yes, in Signature Suites as well.

My opinion of them: Suitable for me to wear from the stateroom to/from the Spa or pool when I don't want my regular slippers to get wet.

What I have never figured out is why my Cabin Steward places a towel on the floor on the side of the bed where I enter. For the first night, that is where these slippers appear. What is the purpose of the towel?

I believe they are provided to give you a clean place to put your feet when getting in/out of bed and putting on/taking off your slippers (rather than standing barefoot on the carpet, which is most likely not all that clean.) This helps keep those white slippers white as well.

I believe they are provided to give you a clean place to put your feet when getting in/out of bed and putting on/taking off your slippers (rather than standing barefoot on the carpet, which is most likely not all that clean.) This helps keep those white slippers white as well.

Thank you for your opinion.

I think those towels are a tripping a hazard.

They are of no use as far as I am concerned.

First time on Holland and first time in suite. What are these slippers? Does HAL provide slippers? What about robes? Usually take my own robe since Princess robes only come in Small, X-Small, and XX-Small.

The slippers are white slip on with flat soles, fine for your cruise.

Cotton Robes are also provided and if I can wear them I would say they were L to XL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time on Holland and first time in suite. What are these slippers? Does HAL provide slippers? What about robes? Usually take my own robe since Princess robes only come in Small, X-Small, and XX-Small.

HAL provides robes to all guests/all cabins.

If you require a larger one than you find in your cabin, your steward can provide that.

That is what I think as well. I do bring them home and take them with me on future cruises when I do not book a suite. Really great for going to/from the spa and while at the spa!

Any idea about the "towel on the floor next to the bed" purpose?

I think it is to stop you putting bare feet on dirty carpet.:eek: