Shareholders Credit

ron1946

Just submitted my request to HAL for shareholders credit for August 2016 cruise. Was told by HAL that Carnival Corp has not yet authorized credit for bookings after July 31, 2016.

Has anyone seen/received the updated Shareholder Benefit letter extending shareholders credit OBC beyond July 31st, 2016.

Thanks

That's customary this time of year. The annual meeting is coming up fairly soon, and extending the on-board credit for stockholders is a routine part of that meeting.

Just wait a bit, and submit it again after the meeting.

Just submitted my request to HAL for shareholders credit for August 2016 cruise. Was told by HAL that Carnival Corp has not yet authorized credit for bookings after July 31, 2016.

Has anyone seen/received the updated Shareholder Benefit letter extending shareholders credit OBC beyond July 31st, 2016.

Thanks

Yes on already getting credit, for 2 upcoming cruises in Dec, 2016 and April 2017.

Yes on already getting credit, for 2 upcoming cruises in Dec, 2016 and April 2017.

Months ago. But I booked through a HAL, PCC and he was able to get it handled. That may be the difference.

That's funny. I also booked through a HAL PCC and have not been able to get my shareholder OBC for my Feb/17 cruise. In fact, she even sent me an email within the last month saying that it was still too early to apply for that OBC.

That's funny. I also booked through a HAL PCC and have not been able to get my shareholder OBC for my Feb/17 cruise. In fact, she even sent me an email within the last month saying that it was still too early to apply for that OBC.

Well, mine is showing up on my cruise(s) reservation. Since it only shows up on one person's account (per cabin), it is fairly easy to spot.

I would not be concerned about it though - you very likely will get it as we approach 2017.

I think that this is just one more thing that varies by who you talk to at HAL.

Well, mine is showing up on my cruise(s) reservation. Since it only shows up on one person's account (per cabin), it is fairly easy to spot.

I would not be concerned about it though - you very likely will get it as we approach 2017.

I think that this is just one more thing that varies by who you talk to at HAL.

Oh, I'm not worried about it, I just find it odd that one PCC can get it and another can't. But, you're right, there is plenty of time for me to get it. I'll try again after my upcoming cruise. I have to call her to get the ZPM OBC, anyway.

I just find it odd that one PCC can get it and another can't.

I wonder if it has something to do with when you request the credit. Something like procedurally, the credit can be applied until some point when the meeting is scheduled for, and then everything is closed down.

I got the credit for my October '16 cruise when I applied for it for my series of 4 cruises last October/November. However, I can't get the credit for a cruise I booked more recently.

This has happened to me before, also. Since the credit has never failed to be renewed (in anyone's memory, at least), no big deal.

While the CCL page clearly states that they prefer requests to be at least two weeks before departure, seemingly there is another policy in place that will not accept requests prior to Final Payment date.

It seems that waiting until Final Payment is made will result in the best chance of consistent success.

I wonder if it has something to do with when you request the credit. Something like procedurally, the credit can be applied until some point when the meeting is scheduled for, and then everything is closed down.

I got the credit for my October '16 cruise when I applied for it for my series of 4 cruises last October/November. However, I can't get the credit for a cruise I booked more recently.

This has happened to me before, also. Since the credit has never failed to be renewed (in anyone's memory, at least), no big deal.

Possibly that's the case. I did put in the request very early - in Oct/15 for the cruise in Feb/17. But, my PCC did confirm within the past month that it is still too early for the request. Yet Dave got his for an Apr/17 cruise some time ago.

I'll try again in May/16, after my cruise. I can't remember when the AGM is but I think it's around that time.