Bringing Alcohol on board in Seward

cruiseguy1016

I know the policy says no! I know RCI enforces the policy pretty tightly for Caribbean cruises. Are they as strict on Alaskan cruises? I'd like to have a bottle of bourbon in my stateroom so I can have a glass from time to time without going to a bar to get one. It's not about the money, it's about the convenience. I will spend plenty of money at the bars and have no problem doing so.

I know the policy says no! I know RCI enforces the policy pretty tightly for Caribbean cruises. Are they as strict on Alaskan cruises? I'd like to have a bottle of bourbon in my stateroom so I can have a glass from time to time without going to a bar to get one. It's not about the money, it's about the convenience. I will spend plenty of money at the bars and have no problem doing so.

I believe they enforce it.

unless the bourbon is super expensive, you might as well try to bring it onboard. Worse case scenario ... you lose the bottle. It's not like they'll throw you in jail and you miss the cruise.

We took 2 bottles on our Med cruise with RCI (for relatives in Europe afterwards). They weren't detected. We figured ... if the bottles make it , great; if they don't we're only out $50.

RCI tightly tightly enforces it in Alaska - they seized my Scotch :(

Thank you for the non-judgmental, speaking-from-experience answer. I was just wondering if the policy was more relaxed. I wish they would just charge a corkage fee and allow us to bring a bottle of our choice on board.

Never sailed RCI. Do they not have a way to order a bottle of liquor from room service or ahead of time for delivery to your cabin at departure?

Both CCL and HAL have this option, and supposedly you're able to order additional bottles from room service but I've not yet had that need. :cool:

You might check this thread that you started the other day and asked the same question.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2322518

BTW the answer is still the same.