My first Royal Caribbean cruise! Please tell me what I can look forward to!

Dreamer333

I just booked my first Royal Caribbean cruise. I've only sailed Princess, so any advice/opinions/secrets you can share with me would be wonderful.

It's a 3-night cruise aboard the Majesty of the Seas. My husband and I are bringing our 12 and 16 year old daughters (Their first cruise).

I'm really excited! :-)

Royal is very similar to Princess. You'll enjoy it a lot. You didn't mention the ship or where you're going to it's tough to be specific, but the Caribbean is a wonderful place that we just can't get enough of. You're kids will love it too.

Tom

Daily schedule is called the Cruise Compass.

Room key and charge card is called the SeaPass card.

Boarding pass is called SetSail pass.

Pool deck is called the pool deck.

Buffet is called the Windjammer.

Don't miss the Quest.

Don't worry if you don't remember the name of the daily program. Although we now almost exclusively cruise on Royal Caribbean, our first couple of cruises were on Princess so we still call it "The Pitter Patter".

If you want to laugh until your sides hurt, I agree that you should go to experience The Quest although it may not be appropriate for your youngest.

Thanks, guys!

Now I'm intrigued about the Quest!! (What is it?)

it is an adults only (they announce several times before starting that kids should leave) scavenger hunt that stays in the lounge. It's loud, it's hot, it's crowded, and everyone is drunk. LOL, well not everyone but you get the idea.

For a short, relaxing weekend, I enjoy the Majesty. But, it's one of the oldest, smallest Royal ships and doesn't have the bells and whistles you find on the larger ships. But, the crew does their best to keep you entertained.

Thanks, guys!

Now I'm intrigued about the Quest!! (What is it?)

I will say a couple of the best Quests I have experienced have been on Majesty, its a smaller more intimate environment. I do remember one guy walking in by himself to see what was going on and he got recruited by a group of about 10 women who knew they needed a guy on their team. He had a very good time. That was my first experience with Quest.

Well you picked the oldest ship in the fleet (as of right now) for your first RC experience so be sure to keep your expectations in check. I loved my 3 night cruise on Monarch (sister ship) 6 years ago but Majesty is having some major complaints right now about service which is a shame because at one time, many people considered her to have the best crew in the fleet.

Just dont try and compare to any new ships and longer cruises youve been on with Princess and you should be fine and have a great time.

I just booked my first Royal Caribbean cruise. I've only sailed Princess, so any advice/opinions/secrets you can share with me would be wonderful.

It's a 3-night cruise aboard the Majesty of the Seas. My husband and I are bringing our 12 and 16 year old daughters (Their first cruise).

I'm really excited! :-)

Hopefully you are cruising after May, so that you can enjoy the newly revitalized Majesty.:)