What ship would you pick?

Hi all

Just a question for those of you who have sailed many RCI ships. Out of the following ships, which one would you pick and why?

Brilliance- Jewel - Serenade - Freedom - Independence - Navigator - Rhapsody

I haven't sailed them all, so I can't answer my own question. Since I am trying to figure out what ship to sail, it's gonna be interesting to hear all your answers. Thanks

Cindy

Navigator. It's an older ship but they try so much to keep the positive energy around the crew

Independence. It's a freedom class, so much to do and not as old as navigator but given the option I rather pic Liberty the freedom and finally independence ( they belong to the same class ship)

Independence from the list. I worry that the older ships don't have as much on board. Independence I have sailed on many times and enjoyed a relaxing experience.

Outside of the list, I would choose Liberty and Allure. Allure is the best IMO for choice and quality of entertainment.

Depends on what we are doing.

If we want to just be on a ship- probably Freedom or Indy.

If I just want to be in a small ship- the opposite (sometimes, that is what we are looking for).

If we just want to be on a ship, but leave from a port we are at all the time- Adventure.

If we want some cool ports- Jewel or Adventure (depending on the itinerary).

But the best ports we've visited, by a WIDE margin, has been the two cruises on the Rhapsody- one Alaska and one Greek Isle.

So it really comes down to what you want to do.

Rhapsody, would be my first choice , especially if graham Seymour is the CD then navigator just because of the added venues , ice show ect .....

I believe Graham left Rhapsody for Explorer some time ago.

I believe Graham left Rhapsody for Explorer some time ago.

You are correct.

Of the ships OP lists I'd go for:

Navigator - Haven't been on a Voyager class ship yet, so would like to experience that so as to have said I've cruised on each class except Quantum.

Jewel - I love the Radiance class with their enclosed solariums and great views. Jewel is the other Radiance without the grabby shower curtains, so that earns her points over her sister Brilliance.

Independence - I also love the Freedom class and given all I've heard about Indy being a bit of an odd duck due to her spending a good portion of the year cruising out of the UK, I think it'd be interesting to experience.

Brilliance - Another Radiance but points off for those darned shower curtains.

Rhapsody - Only because I'm going on her in 9 months already

Freedom - Only because I've been on her - this was one of the best cruises I've been on, though!

Serenade - Again, only because I've already been on her.

Voyager or Freedom class ships.

Reason is that they have a Royal Promenade, which means if you want a cup of coffee or something to eat before 7:00 a.m. or after midnight you don't have to call for room service.

Voyager or Freedom class ships.

Reason is that they have a Royal Promenade

Ditto this. Just what I was going to say. We love the promenade for that open expansive feel in the ship, and a great place for a stroll or snack. We liked, but didn't love, Oasis class even though they have HUGE promenades so this leaves you with Freedom Class and Voyager Class.

The ships are still big enough to host a lot of activities outdoors, (including the refurbed Voyager class ships). They also offer great views of the ocean and a nice wrap around walking path on deck 4 that isn't blocked by life boats.

Freedom is my favorite ship so far. (I've sailed at least one ship from every class of ship on Royal except Quantum class.) I love the art on Freedom! I also enjoy the Promenade. And since I've sailed most of the Voyager class ships, some more than once, Freedom feels very comfortable and easy to navigate since it's a bigger version. (I also like Navigator.)

I've never sailed Indie, but will sail Liberty in May, so I'll find out soon if I like Liberty as much as Freedom. Gosh...questions like these just seem to cry out for FURTHER RESEARCH, and we've never tried Quantum class ...maybe I'd better go take a look at some itineraries...:D

Judy

Gosh...questions like these just seem to cry out for FURTHER RESEARCH, and we've never tried Quantum class ...maybe I'd better go take a look at some itineraries...:D

Judy

I agree. I think I need to book some more too...you know...for science. :D

We would choose Brilliance. Love the smaller ship.

Have sailed both Freedom class ships and still like Brilliance better. Love Allure which is not on your list as our current favorite.

I would also say the above is itinerary neutral.

I would take any of the Radiance class or Vision class ships in a heartbeat. They have expansive glass in most public areas with unobstructed views of the ocean. The Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class ships all focus inwards on the Royal Promenade and have very little connection to the ocean. If I wanted to vacation at a mall I can stay at the Marriott connected to Lenox Square here in Atlanta, or go stay in Vegas at Caesars Palace. I cruise because I love the sea and that's a big factor for me when choosing ship and itinerary.

Hi all

Just a question for those of you who have sailed many RCI ships. Out of the following ships, which one would you pick and why?

Brilliance- Jewel - Serenade - Freedom - Independence - Navigator - Rhapsody

I haven't sailed them all, so I can't answer my own question. Since I am trying to figure out what ship to sail, it's gonna be interesting to hear all your answers. Thanks

Cindy

Hi Cindy, you're from Belgium... are you looking at med itineraries or Northern Europe?... or coming to America and the warmth of the Caribbean? I think all the ships above are Europe based in the summer so I'm assuming you're not sailing in the Caribbean.

• Med (with fewer sea days) - Radiance Class or Rhapsody hands down (to get into Dubrovnik, Venice, etc) and best for port intensive itineraries imho.
  • Med (with many sea days... ie. warmer regions like the Canaries or 14 day itineraries from Southampton down through the Med in warm summer months) - I would pick Navigator hands down over every other ship in your list. Freedom Class next. I would not at all pick r=Radiance Class for this as pool deck smallest in the fleet and so much less to do compared to bigger ships. So if you are looking at the Med in summer from Southampton on Navigator, that might be totally awesome.
  • Northern Europe - Radiance Class hands down (covered Solarium). I would STAY AWAY from Freedom and Voyager Class imho, inward focus and no covered Solarium.

Just my 2 cents. Have fun choosing :D