First time on Royal - double checking documentation

I trust the people on this message board more than the Royal website. I think I have everything I need for my cruise next week on Liberty, but want to double check. There are 4 of us in two rooms.

I have two different SetSail passes printed and each have one adult and one child printed on them. (I am assuming that since I was able to print them that everything is paid and everything I needed to do online is done. Let me know if that is correct.)

I worry too much about something happening, so I will have in my possession our 4 passports. My wife will have in her purse our birth certificates and ID's. Either of those options should be enough to get us on & off, I believe.

Are we all set (other than packing clothes, sunscreen, cash, etc.)?

Your credit card or cash!! Otherwise, you probably have more than you need! We always overpack. With a credit card along, you can get whatever you might forget;)

I agree and will definitely have a couple different credit cards. We fly domestically quite a bit and that is what I always tell my wife. Make sure you have your ID & credit card & cell phone - nothing else really matters as it can be easily picked up(unless you have a prescription or something like that).

Agree about having a credit card. You will need a credit card to check in, unless you are planning have a cash account.

Would also have insurance information and a list medications, if anyone takes any prescription meds.

Passports, of course, rule. Many times you don't need to take ashore, but you need a picture ID, such as a drivers license to get back on the ship, along with your Seapass card. Some people like to take a photo copy of their passport and leave the original in the safe.

When coming back from Tours and coming into the dock, they wills top tour vans and ask for ID's, you can use either your Passports or a Photo ID. Sounds like your all ready to go except for packing. Once on board, you may ask for an extra Sea pass Card for the childrens room, this will only be for getting in their cabin but their main Sea Pass Cards will be used for any On board charges. Have a great cruise.

No need at all to take birth cert's for anyone who has a passport.

I only do that as a backup in case something happens to the passports. I am overly paranoid at times about something happening and having a second person carry a backup that will still get us on & off the ship helps me relax.

(When flying on an early flight, I always have two alarms set and schedule a wake up call when staying at a hotel. Never have I needed the wake up call and almost always wake up before my first alarm goes off, but if I didn't have those things set, I would never be able to fall asleep.)

So do we need photo ID to get back on the boat. Is your photo not on your seapass ?

You need a photo id to get through port security. Your photo is not on your seapass. At the ship itself, all you need is your seapass to board/reboard.

So do we need photo ID to get back on the boat. Is your photo not on your seapass ?
You need a photo id to get through port security. Your photo is not on your seapass. At the ship itself, all you need is your seapass to board/reboard.

Depending the ports you are visiting, there are some that do require a Photo ID along with your SeaPass card. A driver's license or state issued ID is fine.

Since your DL is the same size as the seapass, that's the easiest to take into port. You should ALWAYS have ID on you, whether it's required or not! If something were to happen to you while you're alone, having ID means you won't be a " John or Jane Doe"!

When coming back from Tours and coming into the dock, they wills top tour vans and ask for ID's, you can use either your Passports or a Photo ID. Sounds like your all ready to go except for packing. Once on board, you may ask for an extra Sea pass Card for the childrens room, this will only be for getting in their cabin but their main Sea Pass Cards will be used for any On board charges. Have a great cruise.

Not in my experience. When you are re-entering the port area, THOSE security people just want to see your SeaPass card, to verify that you are from the ship.

The security people who release you from the port to go back to the ship may want to see photo ID with your SeaPass, for which a driver's license is sufficient.

Since your DL is the same size as the seapass, that's the easiest to take into port. You should ALWAYS have ID on you, whether it's required or not! If something were to happen to you while you're alone, having ID means you won't be a " John or Jane Doe"!

We are from the UK and have old paper licences. We do have a train pass (Two together) with photos on, will that do or will a photo copy of your passport do ?

The Cruise Compasses for our last trip to Cozumel, Belize and Roataan all said to carry photo ID and SeaPass when leaving the ship. Not sure anyone actually looked at the photo ID in those ports, though. As others have said, you should carry a credit card ashore for emergencies.

Some ports are very strict - in Granada you show ID and go through a metal detector/package xray to get back onto the pier. With others you just flash your SeaPass. When they do ask, they want to see some kind of official government ID with a photo on it. Copy may not work. I seem to recall that minors don't need a photo ID when with their parents, but can't find the reference.

KsucAts, all you need to check in is passports and a credit card (assuming you are not just doing a cash account). The SetSail pass makes checkin quicker but if you already filled it out online they don't have to have it. To get back into the United States you need either passports or certified birth certificates/picture ID.

Rules for non-US citizens vary by country. See http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=329&faqSubjectName=Cruise+Documents&faqId=2814