There is a First Time for Everything! Live from the Emerald Princes-- 3/10-3/14, 2016

TracieABD

Wishing you a fantastic voyage! Just remember the song:

I am Woman

Hear me roar!. . .

If I have to, I can do anything!

I am strong,

I am invincible

I am woman!

You go, girl!

Thanks for that! I appreciate the kind reminder!

Good morning, Happy Campers!

Guess what day it is???? ( Hint: Rhymes with Tuesday!)

It's Cruise Day!!!! Cruise Day!!! Cruise Day!!! <insert Monster Truck voice here>

I am at the airport, sucking back my first yummy coffee of the day, and thinking about ya'all!

As is typical, I did not sleep much. When I am preparing for a vacation, I always count-down the "go-to-sleeps". Only, last night, as I lay in bed ruminating about all of things that I could forget-- diametrically combined with all that self-admonishment about how entirely overpacked I am--- it dawned on me (pun intended), the last go-to-sleep is anything but. But with all of the excitement, I still rolled out of bed with a big old, Cruise Day smile on my face and a song in my heart!

I tended after the dogs, woke my not-such-a-morning-person son, and stuffed the final items into one of my two carry-on bags. Max drove me to the airport as my DH is on the Left Coast for business. I love driving with Max. He has a teeny tiny 2 seater sports car with no trunk to speak of. So, luggage in lap, we were off to our airport. Fortunately, the traffic and weather cooperated and we were there in record time. Everytime I fly, I am so grateful to live in a city with a major airport. We can fly direct to all sorts of super fun places, including Europe. See how lucky I am??

Also, since I have the time, energy, and free wifi, I want to comment on Global Entry. What a great investment that has been! I love coming into the airport with TSA Pre-check. Shoes on, computers in bags, liquids in bags (still in baggie), jacket on... walk through the scanner aaaaaaaand done. Max dropped me at 5:52 and I was through Security by 5:55. Ahhhmazing! I have also used it at Port Everglades. Long, long lines to go through Immagration/Customs--- and three people in Global Entry. Best. Travel. Investment. Ever! I also view it a "field of dreams" inducement--- Get Global Entry and travel will happen. And so far, it is proving to be true.

Well, we are 15 minutes to boarding and I think I will sign my chatty self off-

More when I reach Florida-

Want to share an Uber to the Cruise Port?

Tracie-Lynn :) :)

Edited by TracieABD

Please enjoy tour cruise. I went on my 1st solo this past Christmas on the Royal Princess after cruising with my mom for the last 15 years.

After having a bit of a cry during the sail-away, it turned out to be a very nice cruise. My mom was with me in spirit every day. When anyone asked if I am by myself, I said "Yes" without explaining why.

Now I am looking forward to my next solo cruise on the Diamond in Japan.

Bob Voyage !

Hi, I'm NOT a golden retriever but I have cruised solo more than a half-dozen times and it's great. I'm an introvert who works at coming off as an extrovert. You know...survival.

I went into the first one expecting nothing more than rest, relaxation and de-stressing and said anything beyond that would be a bonus. I've had the bonus experience...met a lot of nice people and found I was more comfortable with being alone on a ship than I thought I'd be. I don't think I could share a cabin with someone again. I love having all the drawers and cubbyholes for me, me, me! :D

I hope you have an absolutely fabulous cruise; I feel certain you will. I'd love to meet you one day on a cruise. I first started following along with you when I saw your avatar. I love dachshunds and just get a kick out of that cocked little head in yours. Now, of course, I'm hooked on your writing style and can't wait to enjoy your adventures through your eyes and words. Wish you had booked a longer cruise!

Cheers!

~ Roseann

Hi Friends-

I have made it to the cruise port, and I am currently standing in line. I have been texting with CRLess, and they have not even processed the in-transit passengers. I am watching lots and lots for very tired, and quite possibly hungover college students wobble out of the port. The line for preferred is looooooon. I am about 20 in. It is super awkward to try to type while standing in line, but it is a challenge I gladly accept. I think we are in for a long wait, which is fine, because the weather is lovely. It is cool with a very nice breeze.

I will post more when there is something to tell!

Want to hold my place in line while I guess-timate the numbers of people behind me?

Tracie-Lynn :):)

... and I'm back.

I think it is like lighting a cigarette at a bus stop or going to the bathroom whist waiting for your food at a restaurant. I posted the last update and the line started moving.

I just found a new advantage to solo travel- you check in really, really fast- primarily because there is only one of you. After standing in the line, I am number 4 to board in the Platinum lounge. I am not sure how many Suites and Elites are upstairs though. No worries. Everything that I was hoping for will soon be realized.

One note- no food or beverage in the Platinum Embarkation section (not really a lounge). If all goes well- this will be my last cruise at Platinum. I am not sure what is going on with the Elites. If I run into one, I will just have to ask.

Also, due to the fact that this is a short cruise, we had to fill out our disembarkation intent forms before we could get our cruise cards. That is another first. I hate it when they are already plotting our eminant demise before we have even boarded. Boo.

I am going to answer some work emails for a minute, while it is free.

I am getting hungry-- maybe even a bit hangry. Think I can find something to eat on board?

Wanna have lunch?

Tracie-Lynn:):)

Hi Friends-

I have made it to the cruise port, and I am currently standing in line. I have been texting with CRLess, and they have not even processed the in-transit passengers. I am watching lots and lots for very tired, and quite possibly hungover college students wobble out of the port. The line for preferred is looooooon. I am about 20 in. It is super awkward to try to type while standing in line, but it is a challenge I gladly accept. I think we are in for a long wait, which is fine, because the weather is lovely. It is cool with a very nice breeze.

I will post more when there is something to tell!

Want to hold my place in line while I guess-timate the numbers of people behind me?

Tracie-Lynn :):)

Glad you made it safely. Check your email.

Have a great cruise!:)

Tracie...your chair awaits you. I hope you don't mind the ocean view I selected for you.

Enjoy the next cruise Chris & Brenda! I already miss my chair up there!

Woke up to empty beer bottles that had been thrown onto our balcony! Can't wait to hear if anything else happens.

Hope to sail with you again.

I know one of the hold up this morning with disembarkation was with so many first time cruisers, many were coming up to disembark and not have their card handy. they would then have to spend lot of time searching for it before leaving.

Hi Tracey,

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow at the M&G. Yes, this past cruise had some entertaining sights to see ( and I don't mean the production shows!). We left the ship around 10 to walk over to 17th street and it took around 25 minutes to clear BC. Disembark was running around 60 minutes behind. When we returned to the terminal a little after 11, the Elite/Suite lounge was filling up. We were let on board around 12:20.

Woke up to empty beer bottles that had been thrown onto our balcony! Can't wait to hear if anything else happens.

Bet the entire Emerald Princess staff is glad that cruise is over, really feel for them and what they had to endure with the rowdy spring breakers:(.

LIve from the Emerald

March 10, 2016

Hi friends-

I have boarded! They did not start boarding until 12:15 and folks were getting really restless. The great thing about the delay is that I got caught up on my grading. Anyone who works in higher ed knows that this is a constant plight to stay abreast of student assignment submissions. The struggle is real.

Let's play "Where's Waldo??"

Guess where I am?

Yep, Keith already got it! I am in the MDR and have ordered my lunch. I got to meet Photo Flo from Florida- who may have the most alliterative name! So awesome! I had to warn the rather humourless waiter that I plan to eat like a lumberjack (no offense to lumberjacks. Some of my best friends are lumberjacks. Heck- I Swedish. What do you expect?). I ordered the antipasti, the chickpea soup, and the beef tenderloin. Oh! and a salad. I had to forgo dessert. In truth, I have spent most of my life with this ginormous sweet tooth. Just recently, I lost it. So weird. I may have to reconsider if they have the Norman Love offerings. OK. I lied. I had half an orange souffle. Sorry. Not sorry.

So back to getting on board... Once we started moving we boarded very quickly. I found my room. Remember, this is my first inside and it is so well laid out! I really like it. Very, very cozy. The rooms are not officially ready, but I did drop my carry on. I am still trying to stay off the elevators- so I schlepped that bag up 6 flights. Threw it in the room and headed up another four flights to the Sanctuary. I may or may not already have a lounger reserved for the week. My bud picked out a great one for me! I am so excited. I sort of wanted to lick it or something just to place genetic dibs on said lounger, but I am pretty sure that would gross out the really long line of hopeful renters- so I refrained. I know, I know. That's no fun. Much gratitude to certain "cousins" who helped a girl out. Not only a stand up couple. but super interesting as well.

Once I made it back to the room to pick up some items before going back to the Sanctuary, I noticed the floor had a good deal of detrius on it-- straw wrappers, bits of plastic, etc... Felix, cheerful cabin Stewart extraordinaire, explained the crew was a bit behind because of the last round of passengers. I let him know it was no problem. And then I vacated the room so that he could work his magic. When I returned to the cabin to get my "brick of cheese" for muster, the room was spotless. Thanks, Felix. He is pretty happy that I am not a "WooHoo Spring Breaker". I don't have the heart to tell him I work for a college. I guess on my end-- Not so much WooHoo left in me.

One of the best parts of being an experienced cruiser (other than the fact that you are an experienced cruiser) is that you no longer feel the need to go rushing around the ship to see everything. I have done two things thus far-- lunch and Sanctuary. And I'm good.

I think I will cut here and add more later.

Shhhhhh. Pay attention. Muster is about to start!

Tracie-Lynn :) :)