Is 14 days at sea too much? Or not enough?

baxley

...The longest I've been on was an 11 nighter. Towards the end I was getting homesick, plus I was really getting tired of the food. The buffet breakfast was the same everyday, and I was REALLY missing authentic Asian food and real Sonora style tacos. First thing I ate when we got home was some tacos.:D I've found the 11 was too long, and 7 not long enough, maybe a 9 would fit us better.

My breakfast at home is the same every day (well, cereal some days, eggs and toast other days, but very little variety). So the breakfast menu in the MDR or room service or the offerings at the buffet are a pleasant increase in variety.

For us, the 7-day Caribbean was a bit too short. The three 14-15 nighters since then have been about right. When looking at Alaska for this summer 7 nights seemed too short so we're doing a B2B. And another TA later this fall. Part of our consideration is that the time and expense of getting to and from a cruise makes a short cruise seem like little more than a stopover between a series of flights. The longer cruises give us a chance to relax.

If we lived within a short drive of a cruise departure point I can see doing 7-nighters occasionally when a super deal popped up, but I can't think of any place I would want to live that is within a short drive from such a port, so we'll stick with longer cruises...

Stan

Just went on our first back to back (14 night) cruise in November and now we have two more back to backs already booked. We had an awesome time and the time really flew by. We repeated the same itinerary twice (southern caribbean) and it was nice to have 2 days in each port instead of one. It just took a lot of planning to figure out what we wanted to do on the port days. I did get a little tired of the people, but I encounter the same annoying people at the grocery store at home lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Have been home from a 14 day cruise for 5 days now.... Having cruise withdraw! The longest cruise I've been on is 17 days with 7 consecutive days at sea and loved it! You really get to relax and get into the groove of ship life when you have this much time! Don't worry about it being too long, you will love it!

We're not long back from a 28 nighter- mainly sea days- and could have stayed on for much longer. It was such a splendid cruise that several of our new cruising friends booked the same cruise next year whilst on board, and we're considering it.

If my bank account kept filling itself, I could do sea days forever and ever.

Given the right ship; e. g, a small one such as the Celebrity Xpedition which lacks a lot of the bells and whistles, and an enormous number of books, I could be at sea endlessly.

Frankly, unless I am going to Asia, Australia, South America, or the poles, the typical island-type stops, unless very remote or very sedate or different such as the Galapagos, do not do much for me anymore. The sea itself is the big draw.

For me, there is no limit to the number of sea days that I would enjoy. At the end of any cruise, I am NEVER ready to get off the ship.

So far, the most days in a row in a ship has been 35, and the most sea days in a row was 8.