Air2Sea - How far out?

rclibertygirl5

This can vary, but 330 days out is usually when most airlines release their schedules.

But you can of course check individual airline websites to see how far out you can book.

Edited by Twickenham

If calling Air2Sea is anything like calling Royal Caribbean customer service, I would get a different answer every time I called and probably none of them would be accurate. I was looking for CC posters with actual experience but thank you for your helpful recommendation to call.

If calling Air2Sea is anything like calling Royal Caribbean customer service, I would get a different answer every time I called and probably none of them would be accurate. ...thank you for your helpful recommendation to call

Kind of like many answers you get when asking a question on CC.

It's always a pleasure to help polite posters. You're welcome!

Just because the airlines open their books about 330 days out, it doesn't mean the airlines have their cruises air in place. These people work on contracts and those contracts might not be in place 330 days out.

On my first two TAs to Europe, the price for airfare kept climbing from about 10 months out. This time, it has actually stayed the same or lowered as I get close, now one month out. So much for consistent patterns. BTW- I would use Air2sea for spring TAs, not too sure about the fall TA.

Reason: we had a bad experience with choiceair during Superstorm Sandy. If it hadn't been for my persistence and staying on the phone for HOURS, we would have missed three out of four days in Rome with a late arrival. I learned that they just promise to get you on your sailing. Going westbound is not a big issue as my trip is essentially over (and I'm retired).

Looks like RCL has renamed their air reservation program and added fees but little else seems changed. Same worthless guarantee that they will get people to their cruise and same claims about working with their customers. A since they sell opaque tickets it is hard to find out what they have sold a person in order to make comparisons to lower priced tickets.

Looks like RCL has renamed their air reservation program and added fees but little else seems changed. Same worthless guarantee that they will get people to their cruise and same claims about working with their customers. A since they sell opaque tickets it is hard to find out what they have sold a person in order to make comparisons to lower priced tickets.

Any price guarantee? I know ther is not one with Celebrity's Choice Air version.

How far out can you book Air2Sea international flights? Is it 10 months out when the airlines release their schedules?

Most people just assume that prices for flights will always go up closer to departure. As odd as it may seem, with ChoiceAir/AIR2SEA, this is not necessarily or always the case.

I am flying from LAX to Sydney on 9 April (booked through AIR2SEA) for a transpacific on RCCL. I bought "early" in mid December for $714pp only to find that by mid February the price had DROPPED to $604!

With Choice Air, I booked a one way flight to Rome (from Podunk-Fargo, ND) only 8 DAYS before departure and still paid a ridiculously low $508pp.

On my first two TAs to Europe, the price for airfare kept climbing from about 10 months out. This time, it has actually stayed the same or lowered as I get close, now one month out. So much for consistent patterns. BTW- I would use Air2sea for spring TAs, not too sure about the fall TA.

Reason: we had a bad experience with choiceair during Superstorm Sandy. If it hadn't been for my persistence and staying on the phone for HOURS, we would have missed three out of four days in Rome with a late arrival.

We have done both spring and fall transatlantic cruises with Celebrity each and every year for the last 5 years. (Yes, it IS a serious addiction! :p) My experience with Choice Air/AIR2SEA is similar to your RECENT example. I have NEVER seen the prices go up and quite often they have actually gone DOWN. :eek:

Sorry you had a problem during "Sandy" But with just about ALL flights booked to capacity these days, ANY type of even small disruption, will cause a nightmare cascade of re-adjustments in later flights because THOSE flights are already nearly full also. ;)

Edited by teecee60

There is a price guarantee but all one has to do is read the terms of the guarantee to see that there are so many loop holes so that it is only good for advertising purposes.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/include/misc/web_page/air2sea-terms-conditions.htm

It is only within 24 hours of the booking, so fairly worthless.

• 3 weeks later...
I tried searching but did not come up with the answer.

How far out can you book Air2Sea international flights? Is it 10 months out when the airlines release their schedules?

Thank you!

Some international carriers open for booking 350 (or is it 355?) days out. If the flights are available to book, it is likely that Air2Sea will offer them for sale. If you have a connection in the US on a US carrier, then you'll need to wait until 330 days out for those to open, though.

Edited by critterchick