Legend of the Seas - Ship inspection Brisbane

Hi everyone,

Today I had the opportunity to spend a few hours on the Legend of the Seas at Brisbane for a ship tour and lunch.

It was a great experience and will help choosing our next cruise.

I wrote a quick blog this afternoon so if you want to check out photos this is the place to do it

http://legendinspection.blogspot.com.au/

There are no cabin photos as there weren't any available to check out.

Hi everyone,

Today I had the opportunity to spend a few hours on the Legend of the Seas at Brisbane for a ship tour and lunch.

It was a great experience and will help choosing our next cruise.

I wrote a quick blog this afternoon so if you want to check out photos this is the place to do it

http://legendinspection.blogspot.com.au/

There are no cabin photos as there weren't any available to check out.

Thanks for sharing.:D

Trouble is, a month before completion he'd sack the workers. :mad:

If Uncle Clive decides at some future date to partake in a 'Wendy Wui China Tour.' He would be locked up at Beijing Airport, allegedly he owes a million or three to Chinese investors and the Chinese Govt re the failed 'Titanic' re build. US$300 million was the reported design/build cost.

I was up at Coolum a few months ago, his Coolum 'Resort' is a mess.

Edited by NSWP

I hope they get the go ahead for the new cruise terminal in Brisbane as well.:D

A new terminal is more likely at the Gold Coast. A Gold Coast Cruise Terminal has been on the Queensland Government's (both parties) projects list for over 10 years now. It's just a matter of exactly where to put it as there are a lot of NIMBYs (not in my back yard) down there.

A new terminal is more likely at the Gold Coast. A Gold Coast Cruise Terminal has been on the Queensland Government's (both parties) projects list for over 10 years now. It's just a matter of exactly where to put it as there are a lot of NIMBYs (not in my back yard) down there.
Yes, a bit like the second airport, for Sydney, everyone agrees that it needs one but no-one will agree on when to start the work.

Yes, a bit like the second airport, for Sydney, everyone agrees that it needs one but no-one will agree on when to start the work.

Problem now with 2nd Sydney airport @ Badgerys Creek, dispute with local govt, state govt and federal govt as to who is going to pay for the transport infrastructure - roads and/or rail.

A new cruise terminal on the Gold Coast is very unlikely:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/labor-ends-gold-coast-cruise-ship-terminal-concept-at-the-broadwater-20150428-1mvedn.html

The Southport Seaway is just not suited for large ships. It's too open to the Pacific Ocean swell, too narrow, and too shallow. The dredging alone would have been a constant nightmare.

We're far more likely to see a second port in Brisbane near the sewerage works.

There were no cabins available to check out?

Seriously that was a badly organised tour. I have done a number of ships tours and they have always included at least some cabins ... well all but one tour included multiple cabins at every level and the exception was HAL that only included up to mini-suite level.

I remember the first time I saw the Penthouse on a celebrity tour. Wow.

As for HAL, their tour totally underwhelmed me and you can see from my sig how I have repaid them.

I've never heard of a ship inspection at Brisbane before. How do you find out about them?

This one appeared as an advertisement on FB.

If you google ship inspection Brisbane or Sydney you should get a hit.

I don't know how often they have them in Sydney but I understand it was probably the first in Brisbane for this particular TA. They may do more if there is enough interest, so email them expressing your interest or disappointment in missing out.

There are a couple of people I'd love to take on one.

But I'd want to show them some cabin options.

It seems cabin availability depends on whether they have some free on the day and can't guarantee it, so it's a bit of a gamble. We were keen to see some ourselves but we might just have to book a cruise instead.

We looked at as a great day out with lunch thrown in and a glass of wine. I was driving but my DH managed 3.

A new cruise terminal on the Gold Coast is very unlikely:

We're far more likely to see a second port in Brisbane near the sewerage works.

The RCI person leading the tour seem convinced the new terminal would go ahead in Brisbane.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/government-set-to-approve-port-of-brisbane-plan-for-cruise-ship-terminal-at-luggage-point/news-story/e581aa0a2c729f09a935a210b4a662dd#load-story-comments

The link only goes to the subscription page. But if it says it will go ahead, that would be good.

The link only goes to the subscription page. But if it says it will go ahead, that would be good.

That's the courier mail for you! I think you can only look at one or 2 stories per day before they want money from you. I can't even get back in myself.

The story was from January 2016 and it looked promising.