princess ships are the same

nanlac

princess ships are the same?

i was on the princess emerald last year, i found the ship low ceiling and the dark

wood paneling.

They have different classes of ships that are different from one another. I think the Emerald, Caribbean and Crown are in one class (could be wrong on this ... but they are similar).

Also similar to these ships are the Grand class, however, this class has an indoor pool and as I recall, the Caribbean and Crown do not.

The interior will also have slight differences, especially on the Grand.

The Island and Coral are in another class and are designed differently than the ships mentioned above. The Royal and the Regal, there might be another one now, are sister ships to one another and are designed quite differently than the other ships listed.

I have never sailed on the Diamond or Sapphire but think these are sister ships and designed a bit differently as well.

I believe they may even have some of the older ships still left in their fleet that would also be different than the others....maybe the Sun Class??

Classes:

Royal Class:

Majestic

Regal

Royal

Grand Class:

Grand

Golden

Star

Gem Class:

Diamond

Sapphire

Caribbean Class:

Caribbean

Crown Class:

Crown

Emerald

Ruby

Coral Class:

Coral

Island

Sun Class:

Sun

Dawn

Sea

R Class:

Ocean

Pacific

I thought the same way as the OP when I sailed on Princess the first time on the Sapphire. I had a problem with the side hallways inside going from aft to stern. Then, we spent 28 days on the Star, and I adjusted to the difference from other ships I have sailed, mostly on RCCL.

We just got off the Ruby last Thursday after spending 25 nights on her, and l love that ship! Same basic design, but the Piazza is gorgeous, and the overall colors lighter.

Colors vary by ship. Every ship have a variation in color . Some area of most ships are similar.

Wheelhouse bar area tends to a darker nautical theme

The Crown Grill and Sabaitains to be on the darker side . Same for the Photo area.

i was on the princess emerald last year, i found the ship low ceiling and the dark

wood paneling.

I have sailed Sapphire, Golden, Star, Ruby, Crown, (and will sail Grand in two weeks.) I always feel that, while not the same, Princess ships are more alike than different. I enjoy their beautiful wooden panels an nautical themes, and I like it that no matter the ship, I feel like I have come home.

But no worries, if you don't like the Princess décor, there are many cruise ships in many lines from which to select. For a polar opposite for those who don't like the elegant wood paneling on Princess, I recommend the festive Carnival Splendor. That ship is like a floating trip into the 60's world of psychedelic color combinations :D

I thought the same way as the OP when I sailed on Princess the first time on the Sapphire. I had a problem with the side hallways inside going from aft to stern. Then, we spent 28 days on the Star, and I adjusted to the difference from other ships I have sailed, mostly on RCCL.

We just got off the Ruby last Thursday after spending 25 nights on her, and l love that ship! Same basic design, but the Piazza is gorgeous, and the overall colors lighter.

Please excuse this old Navy man for this------but your terms are confusing.

The stern is the back end of the ship. The term "aft" means toward the stern.

I have sailed Sapphire, Golden, Star, Ruby, Crown, (and will sail Grand in two weeks.) I always feel that, while not the same, Princess ships are more alike than different. I enjoy their beautiful wooden panels an nautical themes, and I like it that no matter the ship, I feel like I have come home.

But no worries, if you don't like the Princess décor, there are many cruise ships in many lines from which to select. For a polar opposite for those who don't like the elegant wood paneling on Princess, I recommend the festive Carnival Splendor. That ship is like a floating trip into the 60's world of psychedelic color combinations :D

I agree with you with regard to the Splendor 100%! I wouldn't return to that ship!

i was on the princess emerald last year, i found the ship low ceiling and the dark wood paneling.

No, Princess ships are not the same. Some are similar but each is slightly different. Glad you found the dark paneling. Loved it on the Pacific Princess.

They have different classes of ships that are different from one another. I think the Emerald, Caribbean and Crown are in one class (could be wrong on this ... but they are similar).

Also similar to these ships are the Grand class, however, this class has an indoor pool and as I recall, the Caribbean and Crown do not.

The interior will also have slight differences, especially on the Grand.

The Island and Coral are in another class and are designed differently than the ships mentioned above. The Royal and the Regal, there might be another one now, are sister ships to one another and are designed quite differently than the other ships listed.

I have never sailed on the Diamond or Sapphire but think these are sister ships and designed a bit differently as well.

I believe they may even have some of the older ships still left in their fleet that would also be different than the others....maybe the Sun Class??

We have sailed the Crown, Golden, Star, Grand and four times on the Sapphire and Diamond. Without doubt the Gem class ships are favorite. We are so sorry that they have put them in the Far East, somewhere we have no inclination to see. I spent enough time there in the Navy.

wood paneling.

And......?

A lot of very well thought out and articulated answers given in response to a vague post

As always due to the great people on the boards.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G