Crown & Anchor

Seems like RCCL is becomming the moral police. They will not let unmarried partners in the Diamond Lounge, must be a legal partnership. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Since when? I've never heard of this.

Seems like RCCL is becomming the moral police. They will not let unmarried partners in the Diamond Lounge, must be a legal partnership. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I'd like to know more details because what you've said is completely false. What must happen, though, is that the partners must be linked via Crown and Anchor so as to both have Diamond Status. This can be easily achieved by a quick phone call to C&A. If the partners reside at the same address, there is no reason they cannot be linked; even same sex couples have this perk.

I'm not sure this is true. As other stated the C&A accounts must be linked which is not a problem if you live at the same address. I have more nights cruising than my partner but he got my points when we moved in together and I linked our account together. I'm doing a cruise without him in May but I was told he will receive the same points. I'm not sure how C&A would even know if you are in a legal partnership. Even if Jim and I married I probably wouldn't take his last name.

I'm not sure this is true. As other stated the C&A accounts must be linked which is not a problem if you live at the same address. I have more nights cruising than my partner but he got my points when we moved in together and I linked our account together. I'm doing a cruise without him in May but I was told he will receive the same points. I'm not sure how C&A would even know if you are in a legal partnership. Even if Jim and I married I probably wouldn't take his last name.

So lets play pretend for a moment. Lets say two people are in a relationship together and one of them has C&A status of Diamond while the other does -- maybe never cruised before. They link their C&A accounts, which is fine and cruise together for awhile. Then they break up. Does the one that did not earn the points on their own, keep the status, when they link their C&A membership with another cruiser who they are now in a domestic partnership with?

Based on what you are saying, if the person who they were linked with originally continued to cruise would the 'now non partner' be getting points without cruising?

I was on the phone about 1/2 hour with C&A and supervisor stated must have been married or have court papers to prove. None of this makes sense, will call and have the accounts linked.

In the General Terms and Conditions in this link, they define relationships and family members.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do?snav=1&cS=NAVBAR&pnav=6

Not sure if your specific situation is listed, but it might help if they still give you a hard time in linking these two accounts.

My wife and I both have C&A account numbers. How do I tell if they're linked?

In our circumstances, DH and I have always cruised together and have the exact same number of cruise points and both are Diamond, each with our own C&A #. I have never questioned, nor have felt the need to even think of whether our accounts are linked in some way. Both are always on our reservations.

But in the information about C&A membership it states the following:

"A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program."

It clearly states that a cruiser must accumulate their own points therefore when sailing together via linked accounts one cruiser would not be denied using the DL if the other was so entitled, but that their own point total is kept separate.

Then no points would be awarded to the cruiser who is linked, but not sailing.

So lets play pretend for a moment. Lets say two people are in a relationship together and one of them has C&A status of Diamond while the other does -- maybe never cruised before. They link their C&A accounts, which is fine and cruise together for awhile. Then they break up. Does the one that did not earn the points on their own, keep the status, when they link their C&A membership with another cruiser who they are now in a domestic partnership with?

Based on what you are saying, if the person who they were linked with originally continued to cruise would the 'now non partner' be getting points without cruising?

I guess according to this from the C&A website the lower # of points would not get to keep the status from the other person:

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program.

For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other. Children will be taken out of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday date. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependents record will be adjust back to the appropriate tier status

So what gets linked is status not points according to the above. That being said even though I have more points than Jim (13 more) we are both showing the same number of cruise points according to the C&A website. We both have enough points to be Diamond in our right.

Edited by Ski-Lady

Does the partner have to have one cruise under their belt?

It is my understanding that both persons must have a C&A number to link the two together. It used to be you had to have at least 1 cruise to get a C&A number. I seem to remember reading about being able to get a C&A number once you booked a cruise but hadn't taken it yet but that could just be my Swiss Cheese brain.:confused:

Okay editing here, just found this on the C&A enrollment page:

After only one completed cruise with Royal Caribbean International® you will be upgraded to Crown & Anchor® Society Gold Tier Membership and all the benefits and good times that come with it!

So to get shared status both cruisers must have completed at least 1 cruise. The one way around this is to book a suite and everyone in the cabin get access to the CL. This is what I have to do when I cruise with my mom who is only gold.

Edited by Ski-Lady

IMHO This is where the system falls down - Imagine Ann and Brad are married, and do tons of cruises and are D+ members.

The marriage breaks down and Brad moves in with Clare who has done one or two cruises in the past. Register at the same address and bingo, Clare immediately inherits Brad's status at D+.

Things don't work out between Brad and Clare and she moves on to live with Fred, who has done one cruise and is a Gold member, and, now, Fred will inherit Clare's D+ status which she in turn got from Brad..........

Yes it is only status.....but it is status that gets you the benefits on board, and if Clare and Fred have no desire to get higher in the programme then they can cruise quite happily on the back of the hard earnt points of Ann and Brad..... Fred can be D+ with 7 points.

And when Clare dumps Fred and moves on to George.........

you get the picture.:eek::rolleyes:

Edited by little britain
Clare has committment issues....

IMHO This is where the system falls down - Imagine Ann and Brad are married, and do tons of cruises and are D+ members.

The marriage breaks down and Brad moves in with Clare who has done one or two cruises in the past. Register at the same address and bingo, Clare immediately inherits Brad's status at D+.

Things don't work out between Brad and Clare and she moves on to live with Fred, who has done one cruise, and, yet again, Fred inherits Clare's D+ status which she in turn got from Brad..........

Yes it is only status.....but it is status that gets you the benefits on board, and if Clare and Fred have no desire to get higher in the programme then they can cruise quite happily on the back of the hard earnt points of Ann and Brad.....

Much worse than that, you forgot to mention all the kids!:eek::cool::p

Things don't work out between Brad and Clare and she moves on to live with Fred, who has done one cruise, and, yet again, Fred inherits Clare's D+ status which she in turn got from Brad..........

Yes it is only status.....but it is status that gets you the benefits on board, and if Clare and Fred have no desire to get higher in the programme then they can cruise quite happily on the back of the hard earnt points of Ann and Brad.....

Sounds like fodder for a new thread entitled, 'Have You Ever Met Your X in the DL?' or 'Who Got the Points in the Divorce?' :D

Wow. If this rule was in force in the 70's and we could have afforded to cruise diamond status would have spread like ....well you know.....those other things that spread at that time. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Members accrue their own points. Clare only gets D+ status while with Brad. When they separate, she loses D+ until she earns it herself, or hooks up with someone else with D+ status.

Things don't work out between Brad and Clare and she moves on to live with Fred, who has done one cruise and is a Gold member, and, now, Fred will inherit Clare's D+ status which she in turn got from Brad..........

Yes it is only status.....but it is status that gets you the benefits on board, and if Clare and Fred have no desire to get higher in the programme then they can cruise quite happily on the back of the hard earnt points of Ann and Brad..... Fred can be D+ with 7 points.

This reminded me of the Tom Lehrer song, I Got It From Agnes.

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/t/tom_lehrer/i_got_it_from_agnes.html

Members accrue their own points. Clare only gets D+ status while with Brad. When they separate, she loses D+ until she earns it herself, or hooks up with someone else with D+ status.

No she won't. She keeps that status.

There is no team at RCI monitoring relationship breakups.:rolleyes:

I don't think it works that way. The person with the lower status only gets the higher status when they are in the same cabin as their spouse. If Clare goes on a cruise without Brad, even if they are still together she won't get the D+ status unless she's earned it herself. So unless Clare is sharing a cabin with Brad, she won't have the D+ status nor will any other person she has a relationship with (unless they are already D+). When Clare leaves Brad she will have whatever status she's earned, and not keep Brad's status. At least that's my understanding.

I would also imagine that Royal would need proof that both parties share the same address and perhaps how long to prove the common law relationship before linking their memberships.

We solved the issue thanks to all responses lovely young lady at C&A linked the 2 accounts in about 3 minutes. The earlier reps hopefully learn the procedures.