Four people cruising, need two rooms.

Tylerdw88

Good afternoon!

My wife and I and a couple of our friends are thinking of cruising this fall. We want our own room and they want their own room.

To do this, do we have to book separately? Or can we all book together and choose two rooms? We'll probably be sailing Carnival if that helps but not sure yet.

Thank you for any help!

For dining, the word is "linking". If you have fixed-time dining, make sure your cabins are linked to so you get the same dining table. If you have anytime dining, just make sure you both have this; then you go together when you want to the dining room. You might find a travel agent helpful.

Edited by Jimnbigd

You each choose which cabin you want, make all your plans and be sure that either you or your TA (if you use one) links your dining reservations so you can be sure to have dinner together,,,,,, if that is what you wish.

Each takes care of their own bills both during the booking process as well as while aboard the ship.

Just a bit of advice, lesson learned the hard way. Make sure that you're all good enough friends to really want to be in cabins right next to one another. Walls are thin and you can sometimes hear what happens in the next door cabin! Are you all early risers or late partiers? Also, decide in advance how much time you want to spend together. Every meal, every day? Dinner and cocktails only? Port tours - separately or together? A little conversation beforehand can avoid most problems that can arise when you're a little too close for comfort - that way you'll all have a great experience!

Just a bit of advice, lesson learned the hard way. Make sure that you're all good enough friends to really want to be in cabins right next to one another. Walls are thin and you can sometimes hear what happens in the next door cabin! Are you all early risers or late partiers? Also, decide in advance how much time you want to spend together. Every meal, every day? Dinner and cocktails only? Port tours - separately or together? A little conversation beforehand can avoid most problems that can arise when you're a little too close for comfort - that way you'll all have a great experience!

Agreed, spending a lot of time together, in each others pockets as it were, can be devastating to friendships.

I suggest some down time away from each other. Perhaps get together for pre dinner drinks and dinner or even for lunch and then later dinner. If you happen to go to the same activities then so be it.

We have a rule when we cruise with our cruise buddies who we met on a cruise in 1996. We do our own things and if its the same things great otherwise we talk about our tours at dinner. At sea we sit together sometimes but not always. They know where we sit and visit for a while they go do their own things. That way we stay friends and have cruised together every year since 1996!

We have a rule when we cruise with our cruise buddies who we met on a cruise in 1996. We do our own things and if its the same things great otherwise we talk about our tours at dinner. At sea we sit together sometimes but not always. They know where we sit and visit for a while they go do their own things. That way we stay friends and have cruised together every year since 1996!

I agree, sometimes just having the standard dinner appointment is enough and the friendship remains fresh.

Good afternoon!

My wife and I and a couple of our friends are thinking of cruising this fall. We want our own room and they want their own room.

To do this, do we have to book separately? Or can we all book together and choose two rooms? We'll probably be sailing Carnival if that helps but not sure yet.

Thank you for any help!

just each of you book your rooms. that way payment and other minor details are each couple's responsibility. if you want to be near each other than sit down together with a deck plan and pick out cabins close to each other rather than going guarantee to save a few bucks.

if you choose traditional dining, get the two reservations LINKED so that you will be assigned to the same table.

What everyone else has said.

But

Do have a talk with your friends (especially if you haven't travelled together before) about what you expect, ie eating together tours together, that sort of thing.

Personally I have no real desire to cruise with any other couple, but then I am a well known hermit.

I think discussing what you all expect beforehand will make everything go smoother,

just each of you book your rooms. that way payment and other minor details are each couple's responsibility. if you want to be near each other than sit down together with a deck plan and pick out cabins close to each other rather than going guarantee to save a few bucks.

if you choose traditional dining, get the two reservations LINKED so that you will be assigned to the same table.

The best way to ruin a friendship is issues over money, so good advice.