Luggage Labels.... Again

Mrs Skip

Apologies for bringing up an 'old' subject but has anyone been able to order luggage labels recently?

We've gone through On-Line Check in successfully for our departure on 15 April but I can not see how we order luggage labels. I recall being able to order easily last summer, but there also being some discussion on this forum (and I have tried searching previous threads). We've going through UK Site if that's relevant.

Any info will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

For our February 2016 cruise we had no labels sent. All we had was photocopiable one in the booklet with all the cruise arrangements. We made copies, cut them out and used them - quite a faff.

Speaking to some Americans on the same cruise in the pre-cruise hotel we found that they had the sticky labels sent to them with no problem.

Not sure about the UK, but in the US, the option to order luggage tags appears on the "online check in" page about 30 days before departure, and disappears about 3 weeks later.

The issue is UK only. Here it always used to be as you describe, but not any longer or at least for now.

Phil

It seems ridiculous that this label malarkey even exists. Considering the cost of a cruise, surely labels should be automatically sent to us. After all when on board, labels are readily provided for disembarkation!

Thanks everyone for their responses.

Taking this in the spirit of good news, at least I'm not being daft, and for UK folks the option of pre-printed labels seems to have gone.. Printing out from boarding details to be the next step :):)

We had them last August. If you book with a TA they may well send you labels.

We did a last minute upgrade last year and didn't worry about getting them at the pier as we have done this before with Celebrity in Southampton. The port there deals with one car at a time however in Istabul it was a total scrum. As the luggage was unloaded off the buses people were grabbing hold of porters. We stood back and waiting for the porters to come to us. Consequently we were last in the queue in the tent. Longest embankment we have ever had so we will certainly photo copy or write TA labels next time.

It seems ridiculous that this label malarkey even exists. Considering the cost of a cruise, surely labels should be automatically sent to us. After all when on board, labels are readily provided for disembarkation!

I totally agree. I was in correspondence with Richard Twynam's office directly about this back in December before our last cruise on Az. Was lead to believe it was a temporary problem...obviously not!!

We used to be able to order the and receive them no problem.

We are cruising early next month. Our TA advises that Azamara customer services confirm that sticky-back labels are no longer provided on request and that paper labels are available with pre-cruise documents or at the pier. The paper labels, in our opinion are not fit for purpose and not what is expected from a premium cruise line. The TA advises that they have received complaints from Azamara clients but also suggest that it brings Azamara in line with Celebrity policy.

We are cruising early next month. Our TA advises that Azamara customer services confirm that sticky-back labels are no longer provided on request and that paper labels are available with pre-cruise documents or at the pier. The paper labels, in our opinion are not fit for purpose and not what is expected from a premium cruise line. The TA advises that they have received complaints from Azamara clients but also suggest that it brings Azamara in line with Celebrity policy.

But it does again show that different areas get different treatment as it seems that US passengers can get the labels. At least they cannot blame different trading laws for this one!!

Agreed.

The paper luggage labels are worse than useless.

Perhaps Bonnie could ask why labels have disappeared for UK market only.

It would also help pressure at the pier if labels were available in Azamara's hotels (for overnight guests ) or Azamara's airport transfers buses.

It would also help pressure at the pier if labels were available in Azamara's hotels (for overnight guests ) or Azamara's airport transfers buses.

When I stayed at a hotel in Athens the Azamara representative there was handing out luggage tags so I think it is something they do. As regards pressure at the pier, has that been your experience? I can honestly say there never has been any pressure when I've got them done at the pier. Very straightforward.

To me this thread is a lot of worrying over nothing.

Phil

Sorry I was not referring to Athens. We cruised from Istabul. No luggage labels in hotel. The reps. just told everyone to get them at pier. Three buses came at once which was very efficient and civilised. However it meant approx 150 people arrived at pier together. There seemed to be just 2 porters labelling and 2 moving suitcases. All three buses arrived at once so I must admit we just stood to one side and waited. A lot of people didn't seem to have luggage labels. Plenty of Azamara crew appeared to help move cases and shepherd people into the embarkation area. We were one of the last into the tent and the CC line was busy.

Thanks for tip re plastic luggage label holders.Have found and ordered from Amazon.