Kevin Sheehan's severance pay

"Kevin Sheehan’s Exit Package Revealed

March 14, 2016

Over 14 months has passed since the resignation of Kevin Sheehan as the president and CEO of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings.

‘Cruise Industry News’ has revealed that the Norwegian Cruise Lines recently-filed 2015 Annual Report shows that Kevin Sheehan’s executive severance package was $13.4 million.

Wow!"

https://malcolmoliver.wordpress.com/2016/03/14/kevin-sheehans-exit-package-revealed/

I wish him all the best! :)

Curious if you get that kind of money when it is your decision to quit? Sounds more like a package you get when asked to leave.

Rochelle

I don't believe that I read anything that suggested that his departure was voluntary on his part.

Doesn't change anything for me and for those saying who cares or none of your business , it is PUBLIC knowledge and OP was just showing article.

I also agree KS didn't leave on his own accord, hence the Severance Package!

In other words bought out /payed off. See you Bye Bye!

CEO's change for many reason's.

people on this board seem fascinated in what other people are paid.

Not to turn this into politics, but its not half this board, its half the United States that seem fasicated and are concerend about what other people make.

That's actually about the norm for a company the size of NCL these days, for a "golden parachute". Even for CEO's who have driven their companies into bankruptcy, they get millions in guaranteed severance, agreed to years before, typically when hired.

You don't normally get a severance package when leaving of your own volition.

A lot depends on your contract. It's not unheard of for CEO's to negotiate a "no fault" severance package for themselves (I don't think that is the case in Sheehan's case though).