Elite Minibar on Long Cruise(s)?

Mcruisin

They've changed their software to make it automatic now. (but the minutes won't carry over more than 1 cruise).

We had minutes left at the end of the first leg and they carried to the second on the Royal last week.

Thanks to both of you.

Any 15+ day cruises count as 2 cruise credits anyway.

Totally incorrect, at least on Princess.

A cruise segment of any length is one cruise credit (exceptions for traveling solo or in a suite).

So a one night cruise is 1 cruise credit.

A 21 day Trans-Atlantic cruise is also one cruise credit.

Totally incorrect, at least on Princess.

A cruise segment of any length is one cruise credit (exceptions for traveling solo or in a suite).

So a one night cruise is 1 cruise credit.

A 21 day Trans-Atlantic cruise is also one cruise credit.

I'll double check my facts. I apologize if I posted incorrect information.

I'll double check my facts. I apologize if I posted incorrect information.

We took a 28 day cruise last October to the South Pacific round trip LA. You could only book it as a 28 day cruise. We got one cruise credit, one mini-bar setup, one loyalty OBC, etc.

Any 15+ day cruises count as 2 cruise credits anyway. So two ten day cruises equals two credits. One twenty day cruise also equals 2 cruise credits.

Where it makes a difference is two seven day cruises back to back. One seven day or one fourteen day cruise equals one cruise credit, but two seven day cruises booked back to back equals two credits.

It seems as though if you book the 14 day cruise that also could've haven been split into multiple 7 day cruises that you need to contact the captain's circle to get the 2nd credit.

Your information is not correct. Cruise credits have nothing to do with the length of the voyage. Under Princess' current practice you receive one cruise credit for each single voyage no matter if the voyage is one night, 28 nights 16 nights or whatever. (An additional cruise credit/voyage is added for full suites and solo bookings). You can find your cruise credits on the Princess web site under Captain's Circle, Cruise History.

It is no longer necessary to contact the Captain's Circle to receive the extra cruise credit(s) on b2b's. The Princess system applies the cruise credits automatically on b2b's when booked as a single logical cruise.

The first comment 15+ day cruises = 2 credits is simply not true. We've had transatlantics at 17 days each that qualified as one cruise each.

However we just completed a cruise sold by Princess as a 14 day cruise which was a B2B of two 7 days. 2 credits given, 2 seven day internet packages, and 2 minibars. We didn't have to contact the Captain's Circle to make any of this happen.

I believe the difference is whether the longer cruise returns to a home port (making it really a B2B) or not.

Referring to the BOLD italics, that is not the case. Some cruise can be booked as two shorter cruises (two booking numbers) and as a single longer cruise with one booking number. Heck, we just took a 64 day cruise which could be booked as a single cruise or up to four segments. Anyway, the "difference" is not whether the longer cruise returns to a home port but if the long cruise can also be booked as a series of shorter segments.

Edited by beg3yrs

We took a 28 day cruise last October to the South Pacific round trip LA. You could only book it as a 28 day cruise. We got one cruise credit, one mini-bar setup, one loyalty OBC, etc.

I assume they only let you bring on 1 bottle of wine per person without paying extra. :(

The thought process for us is the amount of obc we get from FCC, military and stock. This depends on length of cruise.

For stock and military: a 7-13 day cruise would be $100 , but longer cruises get $250.

So if we were to book it as 2 ten day we would get the 100 X2=200.

Booking it as 1 20 day would give us the $250.

I booked a 20 day as one cruise and only got one cruise credit for it, although it was made up of 2 segment cruises of 10 each. If PCCL was counting the days, which they also do, it counted the same.

My 14 day cruise booked from Ft. Lauderdale (February 12 to 26, 2017) shows 2 cruise credits applied to my Princess account (History). The first 7 days were doing the Eastern Caribbean, the second 7 days were doing the Western Caribbean. We do come back to Ft. Lauderdale after the first 7 days to pick up new passengers. Even though I booked this cruise as one 14 day cruise, I'm thinking the turn around in Ft. Lauderdale is why we're getting 2 cruise credits. This being so, that's why I'm hoping for 2 mini bar setups. ☺

Edited by Kenosha Cruiser

Kenosha,

Our B2b was a 5 and 4 day booked as a 9 day and we got two set ups. Since we did not want the mini bar, we called room service before the turnaround day and they delivered us two more coffee cards. They thanked us for calling ahead so they did not have to bring the mini bar and then switch it out. Also we did get two cruise credits even though it was booked as one voyage. So I think it is safe to assume you will get two mini bar setups!

Edited by erber

The thought process for us is the amount of obc we get from FCC, military and stock. This depends on length of cruise.

For stock and military: a 7-13 day cruise would be $100 , but longer cruises get $250.

So if we were to book it as 2 ten day we would get the 100 X2=200.

Booking it as 1 20 day would give us the $250.

I booked a 20 day as one cruise and only got one cruise credit for it, although it was made up of 2 segment cruises of 10 each. If PCCL was counting the days, which they also do, it counted the same.

True but another things to consider are is initial price of the trips booking as 1 20 day vs. 2 10 day and how much cabin credit are you getting from your TA if any.

Don't forget about the loyalty credit. It's applied on a cruise basis, not days.

A 1 day trip gets the same amount at a 20 day trip. As you get up in cruises it can mean extra $$ to split the cruises.

True but another things to consider are is initial price of the trips booking as 1 20 day vs. 2 10 day and how much cabin credit are you getting from your TA if any.

Don't forget about the loyalty credit. It's applied on a cruise basis, not days.

A 1 day trip gets the same amount at a 20 day trip. As you get up in cruises it can mean extra $$ to split the cruises.

Bottom line is we should each check our circumstances to see which way of booking is best.

The first seven days we cruise the Eastern Caribbean, the second week we do the western Caribbean. Since I booked this cruise as a 14 day one instead of back to back seven day ones, Princess is still giving us two cruise credits. I'm hoping to get two mini bar setups, but not sure if we will for 14 days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looked at doing this Feb 2017 Eastern/Western Regal as a 14 day or as a two - 7 day B2B's. Decided to book as a B2B's based on 2X Elite perks, better OBC's & for this booking a slightly lower total cruise cost in the same cabin for the 14 days - albeit 2 FCC each were needed to book the B2B. Of course - depending on individual Sale/Regional/Promotional Princess offers ... your experience may be different. Just must check out what's best for you.

The first seven days we cruise the Eastern Caribbean, the second week we do the western Caribbean. Since I booked this cruise as a 14 day one instead of back to back seven day ones, Princess is still giving us two cruise credits. I'm hoping to get two mini bar setups, but not sure if we will for 14 days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looked at doing this Feb 2017 Eastern/Western Regal as a 14 day or as a two - 7 day B2B's. Decided to book as a B2B's based on 2X Elite perks, better OBC's & for this booking a slightly lower total cruise cost in the same cabin for the 14 days - albeit 2 FCC each were needed to book the B2B. Of course - depending on individual Sale/Regional/Promotional Princess offers ... your experience may be different. Just must check out what's best for you.

We got 2 mini-bars on the 20day Royal cruise last week. We booked as 20, but it was run as 2 ten day cruises. We also got 2 internet credits each, two invites to the grapevines wine tasting, attended two Most Traveled luncheons. Pretty much everything was based on two cruises except the OBC. With FCC (balcony), Shareholder, and Loyalty OBC, we came out $100 ahead on the OBC with the 20 day booking. Furthermore, we saved a couple of hundred on the cruise fare and got the same cabin for the whole cruise.

We got 2 mini-bars on the 20day Royal cruise last week. We booked as 20, but it was run as 2 ten day cruises. We also got 2 internet credits each, two invites to the grapevines wine tasting, attended two Most Traveled luncheons. Pretty much everything was based on two cruises except the OBC. With FCC (balcony), Shareholder, and Loyalty OBC, we came out $100 ahead on the OBC with the 20 day booking. Furthermore, we saved a couple of hundred on the cruise fare and got the same cabin for the whole cruise.

Do you recall the cutoff number?

Paul, it was a much better deal for us to book this cruise as a 14 day cruise instead of two back to back seven day ones. With the "Twice as Nice" sale in place we got $600.00 onboard credit along with another $200.00 for Future Cruise Deposits and $250.00 for military credit. I should get another $25.00 for loyalty credit. On top of that it was cheaper to book as a 14 day cruise instead of back to back ones. I'm very happy with the results!. Now if I get the 2 mini bar setups, 2 internet credits and 2 grapevines wine tastings, that would really be fantastic. :D

Do you recall the cutoff number?

I assume you mean the cutoff for the MTP luncheon. Leg 1 (sailed 2/22) the cutoff was 381. For leg 2 (sailed 3/3) it was 424.

Number one was the same couple each leg. They had about 950.

I assume you mean the cutoff for the MTP luncheon. Leg 1 (sailed 2/22) the cutoff was 381. For leg 2 (sailed 3/3) it was 424.

Number one was the same couple each leg. They had about 950.

Thanks. That's the number I was looking for. :) At the rate we're climbing the lunch or cocktail party is about the only thing we have to look forward to. Forget about being in the top 3.

What other cutoff numbers are there?

Paul, it was a much better deal for us to book this cruise as a 14 day cruise instead of two back to back seven day ones. With the "Twice as Nice" sale in place we got $600.00 onboard credit along with another $200.00 for Future Cruise Deposits and $250.00 for military credit. I should get another $25.00 for loyalty credit. On top of that it was cheaper to book as a 14 day cruise instead of back to back ones. I'm very happy with the results!. Now if I get the 2 mini bar setups, 2 internet credits and 2 grapevines wine tastings, that would really be fantastic. :D

All you need now is 100 shares of CCL for $250 shareholder OBC :)