Barry Manilow Is Suing Princess Cruises

elliair

Glad you enjoyed my story, and yes it was a great car.

So, you grew up somewhere between Binghamton and Ithaca?

Further North. About 60 miles Northwest of Albany and 40 miles North of Cooperstown. Small Village called Fort Plain. It's in the Mohawk Valley along the Mohawk river.

After reading these posts and doing the math, am I right in saying that 0.01% of the people on Cruise Critic like Manilow? And I am that 0.01%?

(I like his music!)

Or more like .001?

After reading these posts and doing the math, am I right in saying that 0.01% of the people on Cruise Critic like Manilow? And I am that 0.01%?

(I like his music!)

I like both Manilow and Sedaka... so I must be in the 0.0001%. :D

(I like his music!)

As do I!

I find it amusing how everyone claims they can't stand him, and yet, he's one of the top-selling artists of the 1970s and 1980s . . .

I would not be happy if our cruise had Barry Manilow music blasting out at the pool! lol

However, if they really want to use it, they should pay for it like everyone else. And they should pay me if I have to listen to it. :p

FREE DRINKS! That's what I'm talking about! Get blasted just to "Hear the Whole World Sing!" :D

I would not be happy if our cruise had Barry Manilow music blasting out at the pool! lol

However, if they really want to use it, they should pay for it like everyone else. And they should pay me if I have to listen to it. :p

They do pay for it. However the company they have been paying is not passing the $$$ on to Manilow.

Of course, they do not pay you to listen to it.,

Wow.....and you define the lame movies they always run at the pools in the middle of the day over the top excitement.....:confused:

LOL. I feel compelled to tell my Neil Sedeka story.

I believe it was the late 50s, so my friends and I were all about 11 or 12 years old. My next door neighbor built a basketball half court in her backyard because her oldest son was on the high school varsity basketball team. She allowed the neighborhood kids to play there.

One day while we were on the court, a car pulled up and parked. It was a red Jaguar XKE convertible. We all stopped playing and went over and literally ogled the car.

My neighbor came out and said that Neil Sedeka was there. (He had married a girl from our home town and their family was friendly with her family.) But, none of us cared at all to meet or hear him sing. We all just wanted to keep looking at that car.

Her family owned a hotel (I won't mention the name) about a mile past the raceway. I worked at that hotel during the summer of 1959. The first 12 songs in the jukebox were Neil Sedaka. When I asked why, I was informed about his girl friend/fiancé - I don't think they we're married at the time. I met her and spoke with her a few times. She was very nice and nice looking also, as I remember.

Regarding Manilow/Sedaka music - I like it.

As do I!

I find it amusing how everyone claims they can't stand him, and yet, he's one of the top-selling artists of the 1970s and 1980s . . .

Doesn't mean they were popular with everyone. I didn't like their (Manilow or Sedaka) style of music then and still don't. Obviously a lot of people did and that's great. They were popular even in the in the late 50's and 60's. I listen to SiriusXM 60's on 6 radio and they play a lot of their music.

Edited by davekathy

Her family owned a hotel (I won't mention the name) about a mile past the raceway. I worked at that hotel during the summer of 1959. The first 12 songs in the jukebox were Neil Sedaka. When I asked why, I was informed about his girl friend/fiancé - I don't think they we're married at the time. I met her and spoke with her a few times. She was very nice and nice looking also, as I remember.

Regarding Manilow/Sedaka music - I like it.

Yes, the hotel was the Esther Manor. Like all the other former Catskill hotels, it no longer exists.

It became Maimonides, a school for developmentally disabled Jewish children. My DW was working there when we first met.

And I know some family members also; one was in my high school graduating class.