ALL things Liberty of th Seas

I know they offer a suite breakfast but they offer a suite lunch as well? Is it the same menu as they offer in the MDR? Do they offer the tutti salad?

Last few years Chops was for suite only during lunch, but they only served lunch on sea days, small menu but service was good, you also could get the food from WJ and bring it here to eat. The menu for lunch only had a fish chicken or a steak. This is for GS and above not JS, they had a small salad bar on the sea days also.

Great stuff here, thanks!

We are very excited about the cruise. We have already booked our specialty restaurants, and for the foodies out there I recommend:

Chef's Table (well worth the price)

Champagne Brunch and Galley Tour -- This is not publicized but takes place on the last sea day and costs $35 per person.

Great stuff here, thanks!

We are very excited about the cruise. We have already booked our specialty restaurants, and for the foodies out there I recommend:

Chef's Table (well worth the price)

Champagne Brunch and Galley Tour -- This is not publicized but takes place on the last sea day and costs $35 per person.

If it's not published how did you book it?

On our recent back2back on Liberty, it was offered on the last sea day and was available through the dinning room. We were asked if we were interested the night before at dinner, but had already signed up for the Giovani's Pasta Class.

Anyone recently on Liberty that has been successful in sharing live video via Periscope? Even with the Voom Surf & Stream it has not been possible lately. Works great on other ships, but not Liberty.

• 3 weeks later...
I am working on a page to share info on the Liberty of the Seas. I have a ton of information and am looking for help getting the most current info.

If you are going on Liberty, please use it as a resource and bring me back some updated info to share with others.

The page is http://www.Robinsons1874.com/Liberty

Do you wants some more updated cruise compasses?

We cancelled The chefs table event finding out it would be held in Windjammer and not in a nicer venue. Also with already having specialty dining package most of week, we were not sure about spending Friday night with up to three hour dining experience ! Plus at 85 a person how much better could it be than specialties. Maybe next cruise we will try?

Edited by ssb

That is a disappointment. We are new Diamond and were looking forward to using the outdoor area. Our cruise is next month so maybe it will be open by then. [emoji2]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

Hate to be spoiler but when we brought Liberty in to Galveston Last November 2015, the area was storage , and as said above , still is a year later even after refurb . The Lounge needs the additional space for D and above passengers , whether you are inside or outside. Overflow in Viking from DL was used extensively . In my opinion, it is waste of space for storage considering continuing overall downgrading of D and above benefits .

Edited by ssb

Anyone? I've searched the Web. I hoped someone on CC might have it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

I’m sort of new here so forgive my ignorance if this isn’t what you mean. Are you talking about the buffet (i.e. Windjammer)?

If you are, here it goes. As I recall it’s on the 11th deck. When you walk into it, there is Chops on the right and Giovanni’s on the left. Directly in front of you is a bar with some seating that is partitioned off but accessible to buffet diners.

Behind the bar on either side are buffet choices then an off limits kitchen area then more buffet choices and finally a carving area on the back of the kitchen. It is ringed by 5 buffet bars that allow for passage on both sides.

The seating in the back is tiered downward meaning you have a few steps/ramps to the seating (all seats as I recall—no booths or bankettes).

One note about the seating. They are very high end wicker style chairs with ample cushions and arms that loop from the back to the seat itself. I’m, how should I say it…larger than the average man (i.e. I’m a fatty) and I found these to be VERY uncomfortable. My fault for being large I guess. However, the area in front of the bar has different seating. If you’re in my condition…he he he…you would do well to make use of those tables and chairs.

Just one quick note about the LOTS…I think one of the hidden gems on the ship is the Card Room. I think it’s aft on the 10th deck??? Anyway, it’s a game room for board games and such but I found it to be the most comfortable place on the ship in terms of seating and solitude. I brought my YETI on the cruise ship with me and simply got some coffee and a danish from the buffet and retired to the game room to sip the coffee and surf the ‘net on a rainy morning. Pure bliss. :)