ALL things Liberty of th Seas

Can someone help me....we have two balcony cabins side by side so we can have the balcony divider opened. Do we need anything to keep it open, like bungee cords etc? On the cruise line we usually sail, the door opens back on itself and needs to be secured...just curious how these doors work.

Leaving tomorrow to board the Liberty on Sunday and very excited to try something new!

Thank you!!

They are sliding doors, the steward has a special key to open them. They tend to rattle when open, so you might want to stick a folded piece of paper in there if it bothers you. Have fun!

Can someone help me....we have two balcony cabins side by side so we can have the balcony divider opened. Do we need anything to keep it open, like bungee cords etc? On the cruise line we usually sail, the door opens back on itself and needs to be secured...just curious how these doors work.

Leaving tomorrow to board the Liberty on Sunday and very excited to try something new!

Thank you!!

Thank you!!

I have never had to have the divider open but it is my understanding that you have to request that the divider by removed as there is no way for a passenger to remove it. I am not sure if you need to ask Guest Services or your room steward to have this done.

As stated, these dividers slide back into one another and lock, they secure themselves and will not close until your attendant does so. Find your steward and he can unlock these and push them back for you. You don't have to go to Guest Services.

Edited by BecciBoo

They are sliding doors, the steward has a special key to open them. They tend to rattle when open, so you might want to stick a folded piece of paper in there if it bothers you. Have fun!

They can rattle terribly when closed, too. We were on the January 2 sailing with terrible weather from Cozumel almost all the way back to Galveston. Rattled all night long; even with sticking folded paper in. I HATE these dividers. They are too translucent - too easy for neighbors to see onto your balcony.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Again ..... our cruise does the "opposite" itinerary with one day at sea....then the islands...then 2 days at sea as we return. If anyone can send the daily compass for this itinerary it would be great! Assuming it would be exactly the same except in reverse .... but with RCCL you never know. Thanks again!!!!

I really would like to see the compasses for this route & order too. Especially the kids & teens compasses for planning speciality dinners.

Thanks!!

I see that there is a basketball court on the Liberty, but do they also have an area to play volleyball? On some ships they have it split in two. I can't find the hours that the court is open either. Thanks in advance.

I checked my Cruise Compasses from when I was on Liberty in November, and they did offer an "adult volleyball competition (18+)" on the Sports Court on Deck 13. This was on Day 3 of my sailing at 11:00. They also had "open play volleyball" on the Sports Court at 16:00 on both Days 4 & 6. The itinerary for my sailing is in my signature. Things may be different now...YMMV...dealer may sell for less...OAC...etc. :)

Are lunch prices at specialty restaurants same as dinner prices or a bit less?

The great thing about booking Liberty right now is that they are running two specials on meals. One is called "first night, done right" and anyone can book and have dinner at Chops, Giovanni's or Sabor for $15 each. Another special is any night for $15 ea at Sabor. Must be. Ike's ahead in the Cruise Planner. Might change by the time you sail, but maybe not.

I am working on a page to share info on the Liberty of the Seas. I have a ton of information and am looking for help getting the most current info.

If you are going on Liberty, please use it as a resource and bring me back some updated info to share with others.

The page is www.Robinsons1874.com/Liberty

Your page is not found :(- Has the link changed?

I'm leaving for Galveston in 5 days, 4 if you don't count today. I can't believe it's almost here! I do have one quick question, for now. I went online & signed the waivers, but I didn't see any for the water slides. Are there waivers that need to be signed for those? Is it possible to sign them at check in?

The great thing about booking Liberty right now is that they are running two specials on meals. One is called "first night, done right" and anyone can book and have dinner at Chops, Giovanni's or Sabor for $15 each. Another special is any night for $15 ea at Sabor. Must be. Ike's ahead in the Cruise Planner. Might change by the time you sail, but maybe not.

Were those specials available online within cruise planner section to book before you cruise(I think that's what you were trying to say with "Must be. Ike's ahead")or are they only available once you are onboard? - if it's only onboard where can I purchase the special? I'm assuming it's a table set up somewhere

Edited by Becca13166
Clarification

Were those specials available online within cruise planner section to book before you cruise(I think that's what you were trying to say with "Must be. Ike's ahead")or are they only available once you are onboard? - if it's only onboard where can I purchase the special? I'm assuming it's a table set up somewhere

The "First Night Done Right" is only available pre-cruise online. There are limited offers available. When that number have been reserved, the offer disappears from the cruise planner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums