ALL things Liberty of th Seas

So happy the outside area of Diamond lounge is open...hoping it stays that way for our February 2018 cruise. It will be our first time on LOS. We have enjoyed sitting outside on Adventure. We did not like the lounge on Harmony...inside and not even a window.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

98ebaa3d0f2f4a4708719fe79fc59aa5.jpg[/qu

RATS! Where are the tables and chairs????

Yes! I hope they add tables and chairs too! This space is needed most during the cocktail hours and who wants to sit in a lounger dressed for dinner with a drink and plate of hors d'oeuvres!

Did you noticed if it help thin out the crowd a little. Diamond lounge was pretty crowded last november

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We only saw one other couple in the Diamond Lounge during our cruise last December. The Suite Lounge seems larger than the Diamond Lounge, and was not very crowded during the times we were in and out of it. The outdoor area was the same.

OMG you needed a shoehorn to squeeze into it last April! We don't plan to be there unless we can get in in the first 30 minutes, then we'll go elsewhere with the vouchers.

It was like that March 5, too! Wall to wall people. I signed on to the August 20 sailing. They have that get a balcony at outside room price, and our TA had good perks. Sooo here we go again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
you can carry your own luggage and be off about 8am, should be able to get by 10am normally and that should give you enough time about hour and 15 mins drive to airport, we book suite which get offs after people that carry there luggage and was off at 8:45 last April

Thanks for the info. Have only sailed out of Galveston once before and am glad to here. We have a VERY tight flight at 11:05 am. I know, I know, I wanted to stay and extra day and do the same flight, as the miles we were using were the same, but got the veto from my wife, so we're going to take our three kids and all of our luggage off ourselves (I plan to look like a mule and hope I truly can carry everything). This is encouraging and solidifies what RC Customer Service told me, which is they get into port by 6:30 and clear customs by 7:30, so we should be fine to be off by 8 and then rush to the airport. Thanks!

Thanks for the info. Have only sailed out of Galveston once before and am glad to here. We have a VERY tight flight at 11:05 am. I know, I know, I wanted to stay and extra day and do the same flight, as the miles we were using were the same, but got the veto from my wife, so we're going to take our three kids and all of our luggage off ourselves (I plan to look like a mule and hope I truly can carry everything). This is encouraging and solidifies what RC Customer Service told me, which is they get into port by 6:30 and clear customs by 7:30, so we should be fine to be off by 8 and then rush to the airport. Thanks!

When are you sailing? We were just on the April 23rd cruise and did the self carry off, but that is just because we did not have a flight, we could drive home. We got delayed and did not get into port until around 10 because the water was so choppy. I know that is rare though. I also heard that in the winter, there are sometimes fog issues that delay the arrival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in regards to the new room service orders, does every room service order now come with the $7.95 fee or is that just the american breakfast?

Does anyone have a link or picture to the MDR dinner menu?

in regards to the new room service orders, does every room service order now come with the $7.95 fee or is that just the american breakfast?

Does anyone have a link or picture to the MDR dinner menu?

Every order other than the continental breakfast has the $7.95 fee.

http://images.r.cruisecritic.com/news/pdfs/rci-room-service-breakfast-menu.PDF

http://images.r.cruisecritic.com/news/pdfs/rci-room-service-all-day-menu.PDF

Well we just booked this beautiful ship again. As for the table and chairs on the outside of the Diamond Lounge. Tall tables and extremely low chairs. It makes no sense. Wish I would have taken a picture. We will be sailing on October 29 over Halloween. There are 10 of us for now, may be increasing that number very soon when other family members find out.

As of 3 pm today, you can Uber to, from and around Galveston.

FROM UBER: Earlier today, Texas officially joined the list of 42 other states that have embraced ridesharing by implementing consistent, modern regulations at the statewide level. As a result, Texas will have the same rules for ridesharing across the state—mandatory safety screenings and driving history checks for all drivers, consistent requirements from city to city, and commitments to expand accessibility for riders with disabilities. With this new law in place, we’re excited to announce that we’re returning to Galveston today at 3pm!