Is Voyager Class anyone's favourite class?

We were on Navigator post dry dock. For what our one cruise of experience is worth, it did not seem as crowded as Freedom class does.

Glad to hear this! Looking forward to this upcoming cruise. We've waited awhile for this one! :)

Thank you for starting this thread. We are going on the Adventure in November. I was a little apprehensive as I haven't seen much information posted recently on the Voyager class.

One thing that has me a bit concerned is that we are on the first sailing after the dry dock, but it fit in with our schedule. I am really looking forward to the southern Caribbean ports.

Thanks for all the insight and feedback will most likely book my Adventure adventure soon

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

We loved our cruise on Adventure. The itinerary was great and the service was awesome. We went before her last refurb so it was ready for some updating, but was still very clean and well cared for.

We used to like Voyager Class a lot. Especially the time that we had the fog cruise and 800 people left on day 2.

Now, not so much because they added all those staterooms, making for more crowding in the dining rooms. Stuffing 100 more people in the MDR wasn't cool. We managed to avoid long lines in the Windjammer by making sure we were there when they opened.

I always say, that Voyager class would be perfect with rooms 30% larger and 30% fewer people. Even w/ 30% fewer people, the experience was so much better. No lines at the elevators, venues, etc.

See lots of love for the big boys(Oasis class)and adoration for Freedom class, some people gush over the Radiance class for a smaller ship feel.

Not sure I've seen anyone say the Quantum class is their 'fave' but I'm more interested in the Voyager class, haven't been myself but looking at Adventure post dry dock. I'm sure it would be fine but as noted Voyager doesn't seem to get the love consistently here and wondering if there was any particular reason why?

I thought I'd comment before reading the replies. It may not be my one favorite, but I certainly look on it favorably. I've yet to cruise on one with the flowrider added, but I'd consider that a favorable change, I only used the inline skate track once.

The class is a sentimental favorite and my first Eastern cruise on Voyager hooked me on cruising. My follow up on Navigator was as enjoyable, but its been 7 years since I've been on one. I'll fix that next year on a refurbished Adventure next April. With the itinerary I'll be on, it would take a lot to ruin that trip.

I love Voyager class - Navigator is my favorite ship! I feel it has all Freedom class has to offer but she's just a little smaller but less crowded. And now that some of them have Flowriders my husband is happy.

While far from necessary, I wish the refurbishing of this class added the cantilevered hot tub if that is possible.

I was wondering about this. Not looking forward to more people in the same spaces, like the Windjammer and the pool deck.

This is one area I think the Freedom class wins. With nothing to prove it, it seems to be the Freedom Windjammer has the best passenger to seat ratio in the fleet and I like the slightly larger solarium with stools in the pool so I seldom need a pool chair.

We like the Voyager Class Junior Suites. LIke the aft elevators on the Voyager class.

After Radiance Aft w/ a sore leg. I've decided anything larger will have to be booked mid-ship. On Radiance, it felt a little like Twilight Zone, where the hallway kept getting longer and longer as I tried to make it to the elevators. Radiance doesn't have passenger aft elevators. They do have crew aft elevators, which the crew were nice enough to let us use when we dined in Izumi's (only accessible from the outside deck).

Edited by knittinggirl

We like the Voyager Class Junior Suites. LIke the aft elevators on the Voyager class.

After Radiance Aft w/ a sore leg. I've decided anything larger will have to be booked mid-ship. On Radiance, it felt a little like Twilight Zone, where the hallway kept getting longer and longer as I tried to make it to the elevators. Radiance doesn't have passenger aft elevators.

Maybe we just differ on terminology, but I didn't think the elevator placement was that much different on Radiance and Voyager class. Still seems like a long walk to the aft staterooms on either of those classes.

Voyager of the Seas is my favorite ship.. sailed her 3X already and next year will be the 4th.

so yes, it is my favorite class, loved the Diamond lounges of Voyager Classes... the only thing lacking there is Park Cafe which I love solely for those grab and go single serve potato chip bags.

Edited by roquejo

Maybe we just differ on terminology, but I didn't think the elevator placement was that much different on Radiance and Voyager class. Still seems like a long walk to the aft staterooms on either of those classes.

You've right.

I think I'm confusing the Royal Caribbean ships w/ Princess three elevator banks. On Princess, we love the fact they don't put the most expensive rooms right below the pool deck. Too bad Princess isn't as enthusiastic about maintenance. DH's just about blackballed them due to things like broken elevators, laundremats, etc.

When we were building our new church building years ago, they mentioned elevators were $50,000 each. So Royal may be saving a little on building costs.

Edited by knittinggirl

We're soon going on our 3rd Voyager class cruise (Adventure)...so obviously we enjoy them considerably.

Not sure if we have any "favorite" overall...did 2 Oasis class, 1 Freedom class, and 1 Radiance class as well so far.

All have their own "special" feel and amenities, as well as cruise experience based on their destinations. Tough to pick just one class of ship.

We're soon going on our 3rd Voyager class cruise (Adventure)...so obviously we enjoy them considerably.

Not sure if we have any "favorite" overall...did 2 Oasis class, 1 Freedom class, and 1 Radiance class as well so far.

All have their own "special" feel and amenities, as well as cruise experience based on their destinations. Tough to pick just one class of ship.

I agree with that sentiment, I stopped and looked and in my 63 days at sea, I've spread it out among the different classes (with the exception of the Vision class) pretty evenly.

11 days on the Sovereign class.

12 days on the Radiance class

12 days on the Voyager class (7 days reserved for 2017)

14 days on the Freedom class

14 days on the Oasis class (7 coming up very soon)

The ship is definitely just one factor when I pick a cruise, but that statement reminds me 2 of those cruises totaling 9 days were someone else's idea.

So are you saying that there are no windows looking out from the fitness center? Love those when on the treadmill. ...or do the new deck 12 cabins only impact the spa views? Thanks.

Dan

Windows are still the same on the fitness center on deck 11. Only the spa views from deck 12 were impacted by the new staterooms.

Voyager Class is not favorite (used to be when it was the largest), but I highly respect it because it revolutionized the cruise industry:

* Ice-skating rink

* Royal Promenade

* Rock climb wall

And I think it was the first cruise to feature azipods + bow thursters, allowing 360º turns on the spot.

Navigator and Mariner are my favorite of the class, because look better with the glass balconies. :cool:

Edited by Pipo