Majesty 3/14 -A Kiss Goodbye & a few slaps in the face

As always, I loved your review and got my chuckles for the day. So sorry to hear that we won't be hearing from you for a while; however, I know that after you have your pocket picked in Barcelona we will be in for a real treat!

Thanks for the precise and entertaining review , you never disappoint !

I completely understand that cost is up and service is down , have pondered myself on the value of the cruising get aways lately , will see how the Dominican Republic treats us in 2017 .

I raise a glass , and thank you for the effort , perhaps one day our paths will cross

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Your review was the most entertaining I have read for a long time. Saying there won't be any more for the foreseeable future is like stopping the motor of the world. Who is John Galt?

Edited by actuarian

John say it ain't so. Your reviews have always provided my demented side a great laugh. However, I can understand that the pen does run out of ink. However, I'm not saying you don't have led in your pencil.

If you ever decide you want to put finger to key pad or just put another cartridge into that Pic come on back. You have left big shoes to fill and I will do my part to be half the reviewer you are.

I now stand and place my hand on my heart and make my vow to "The John Gatlny School of Cruise Review Writing"

THE SCHOOL MOTTO.

Standard Disclaimer: This review contains miscellaneous ramblings, weird thoughts, opinions and possibly some humor that may be harmful to the delicate sensibilities of the PC Police, Royal Carribots or members of the Society of Perpetual Outrage (SOPO). If you belong to any of these, or are a highly evolved and sensitive individual, please stop here and go read the newest list of cruise directors or menus.

Thank-you John.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by A&L_Ont

Majesty was our honeymoon cruise (and first ever cruise) 15 years ago next month. I am not sure how old she was then but to know she is still sailing 15 years later, I'm surprised. I do remember that Freedom was a brand new ship at that time. So I guess ships stick around for a long long time.

I think so, but it's confusing because they are still listing Splashaway Bay, and I don't know if that includes slides.

The Splashaway Bay will have slides but they are kid-sized only. At least that is what RCI told my son-n-law.

The Splashaway Bay will have slides but they are kid-sized only. At least that is what RCI told my son-n-law.

Not sure I would put much stock in what the cruise line says, but maybe they will surprise me this time.

WOW thanks everyone for bothering to read the latest random notes from the decompression chamber.

I appreciate those who say they will miss these little stories but I am not leaving the boards. I will still add my addled witticisms (my wife says I'm half right) where I see the reason. Also, I would never leave and make that many people that happy. :p

Thanks as always for a splendid review - although you were a little too PC this time.

Wolfgang, after all these years you insult me? :( PC? Moi?

Fact is it's always harder to write these rants when so little goes wrong.

I am much funnier when I'm teed off and the two things that usually provide material are travel and Government. I totally blame JetBlue and RCI for this rather mild review. However, to get back in your good graces I will note that the Spring Break crew included the first several butt floss thong bikinis that actually shouldn't be illegal.

Remember, anger turned inward is depression, anger turned outward is humor and anger turned sideways is a John Galt NY review.

We did our own personal "Goodbye Kiss" with Her Majesty in mid February. We would say that the staff makes up for what the ship herself lacks in the WOW features her larger sister ships have. We also had a terrific cabin steward and wait staff. We are no heavy red meat eaters, so can't comment on the quality of the steaks, but can say that the chef and the staff made everything we did eat taste very well. It was nice to have a wait staff that knew what we would like by the 2nd night and on the rest of the dinners (2 of them) it was just there.

We had plenty of entertainment to keep us amused, but and totally have loved the now 12 cruises on Her Majesty.....but as she moves to PC, we won't be driving their to cruise on her.

She does need her refurb on many levels as you have mentioned and she needs to have some added things for younger children on board to do, so I do hope they at least do the Splashaway Bay and the slides there, even if they do not add any adult slide.

Bye Bye to Her Majesty from her Miami berth.

As always with one of these screeds I forgot a few things.

One was a life lesson even for me.

I have often kidded (well sort of kidding) that certain swimwear observed aboard made me want to wash out my eyes with acid. Didn't really see any of those on this trip BUT I did learn how to simulate the feeling quite effectively.

On day 2 I was on GDD duty in the pool. After an hour or so I needed to cool off so I dived in. When I came up I learned that it's never a great idea to wear contact lenses in a salt water pool.

I also learned that the word "contact" means exactly that when it comes to the horrifying mixture of salt and cornea. I would gladly have stood under Niagara Falls with open eyes to flush them out.

...I appreciate those who say they will miss these little stories but I am not leaving the boards. I will still add my addled witticisms (my wife says I'm half right) where I see the reason. Also, I would never leave and make that many people that happy. :p...

Very glad to hear we will still be able to enjoy your posts!:)

Loved your review John! Her Royal Highness, THE Majesty of the Seas, was our first cruise also, during Spring Break I might add. I highly recommend that cruise period for those who enjoy the ever so rewarding hobby of people watching :p. If I can offer any advice to such a literary genius, I hear, but maybe it's another CC rumor, that they have a highway and bridges to the outer islands known as the Keys. I think it goes all the way to Key West! Maybe a better choice next time! Sail on!