Celebrity Reflection 5th & 12th March 2016 Review

MR_T

I noted the shirt and the initials in the sand! Miss the North Bank :)

Had to be done... [emoji51] & me too but I do like the Emirates [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We did indeed... & upgraded to the premium package... [
It does make things a little more enjoyable, and the summary of extra charges at the end a bit shorter :)

One thing I found with some of the drinks, for example, a Gin and Tonic or Margarita is that you had to specifically ASK for premium liquor in them. Not surprising, but there is a big difference in flavor. I only caught onto this on Day 2 of the March 12th cruise.

Thanks for all of the pictures of Sushi on 5 and the Martini Bar. Next year I'll have to check them out assuming they are still present...

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask anything and I will do my best to answer,

Great photos and review, Tony. We'll be on in 2 days! :)

Have to ask - why the Gooners? Come south of the river and follow a decent team (currently in transition!!). :D:D:D

See you do both. Which do you prefer and why/ Best food of two? On Reflection in a few weeks. Thanks.

Hi,

To be honest that's a hard one to answer,

The silhouette was our very first cruise so it all started there and we loved everything about it, food & service we've found to be great on all S/Class ships we've done so I'd say that's the same for us on any of them,

The only real difference is the pool deck & deck 15 layout and I must say I prefer the layout of the reflection,

but we will always hold the silhouette as our favourite I think purely because it all began there...[emoji23]

The reflection is a great ship,

New to Cruise Critic...not (real) new to cruising...we will be taking our sixth cruise a year from now, on Celebrity Reflection...we took a year off due to a large purchase we made. Anyway, I found your review/photos very impressive. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity...and first experience with the offer of the classic drink package (and $300 on board credit). My question is...I really don't want to upgrade to the premium package...because all we are really interested in is domestic beer by the bottle and the frozen alcoholic drink of the day...and maybe a few other frozen drinks. We are not wine drinkers...just like to have a few beers and frozen drinks by the pool...will the classic package cover our simple needs :D

New to Cruise Critic...not (real) new to cruising...we will be taking our sixth cruise a year from now, on Celebrity Reflection...we took a year off due to a large purchase we made. Anyway, I found your review/photos very impressive. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity...and first experience with the offer of the classic drink package (and $300 on board credit). My question is...I really don't want to upgrade to the premium package...because all we are really interested in is domestic beer by the bottle and the frozen alcoholic drink of the day...and maybe a few other frozen drinks. We are not wine drinkers...just like to have a few beers and frozen drinks by the pool...will the classic package cover our simple needs :D

Sounds like you will be fine with the classic package, it does include a few bottled beers & most (if not all) frozen cocktails... There were some beers only available in the premium package but you could get by in sure! [emoji4]

Hope you have a great time [emoji4]

Thanks...it's a year away, but something to look forward to. Like I said, we've not cruised with Celebrity - most of what I have read, it's an older crowd...being people watchers, I enjoy watching the younger people - but I guess I can act my age for once :) Appreciate you responding and really did enjoy your photos - very informative and entertaining

Thanks...it's a year away, but something to look forward to. Like I said, we've not cruised with Celebrity - most of what I have read, it's an older crowd...being people watchers, I enjoy watching the younger people - but I guess I can act my age for once :) Appreciate you responding and really did enjoy your photos - very informative and entertaining

I believe you are right regarding the general age of celebrity cruises but if you are going the Caribbean next March if it's anything like ours there will be plenty of youngsters around, we are 44 & 43 and there were plenty younger then us, 😊

HA...you are kids - I will be 59 this year, hubby will be 67 - that's our ages anyway...but we are very young at heart...this cruising thing has us hooked...we used to do destination vacations, but there is NO better view than the view from your private balcony, looking out at the ocean. I see you have cruised a lot...we always buy our cruises from the cruise lines, and typically the airfare too (we are from Michigan USA) - but have wondered if we could do better on-line...have always been nervous to do that...any thoughts on that?

HA...you are kids - I will be 59 this year, hubby will be 67 - that's our ages anyway...but we are very young at heart...this cruising thing has us hooked...we used to do destination vacations, but there is NO better view than the view from your private balcony, looking out at the ocean. I see you have cruised a lot...we always buy our cruises from the cruise lines, and typically the airfare too (we are from Michigan USA) - but have wondered if we could do better on-line...have always been nervous to do that...any thoughts on that?

I wouldn't say we've done a lot of cruises but maybe a lot in a short space of time... [emoji16]

Regarding our ages I also wouldn't agree with you about us being kids... I guess we are old mid 40s!! [emoji12] maybe we would be age matched! [emoji4]

Regarding bookings we do use a US travel agent vs booking direct, I've never had a problem with any booking I've done, saying that if I have a cruise coming up I will book onboard to get the extra perks etc & then transfer it straight back to my agent whom offers further benefits for booking with her! Win Win! [emoji4] unfortunately it's not allowed to mention agents details on this site but there are plenty of big US agents online to use... It's just a matter of doing a little digging/research to find a good one [emoji4]

• 3 weeks later...
Just caught your review. It was great. Pictures were very nice as well. Great reviews like this are a fantastic way to get excited about my Solstice cruise in 2018....:):):)

Bob

Thanks [emoji4], it does seem like ages ago we got off... 188 days until our next cruise so I guess it's going to be a long summer.... I guess that's got to be better then a long winter! [emoji4]

• 7 months later...