Taxi from Hyatt Place17th St. to FLL?

Wailea75

We are planning on spending one night in Fort Lauderdale Prior to our Royal Caribbean cruise. We will be taking a cab instead of a shuttle from the hotel to the port. I just switched my reservation from the Fairfield Inn in Dania Beach to the Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th St. to be a little closer. Does anybody how much the taxi fare would be between this hotel and the port? Thank you!

Edited by Wailea75

from Hotel to the port cost us $11 + tip this was to HAL terminal

we went about 1:30pm so not much traffic

The Hotel has a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel

Edited by LHT28

You should estimate between $12-15.00 depending on traffic (better to over estimate by a few $'s and have the cash). Good choice to change to this hotel....great location and right next to the Publix shopping center. We usually stay at the Embassy Suites which is in that location too.

Edited by Ashland

Hyatt used to have a free airport-hotel shuttle. I think they now add $3 (?) to your room charge if you use their shuttle. You call the hotel after you have your luggage and they are there in about 10 minutes. Their shuttle to the port is about $7 pp. If 2 or more people it is cheaper to take a taxi.

Hyatt used to have a free airport-hotel shuttle. I think they now add $3 (?) to your room charge if you use their shuttle. You call the hotel after you have your luggage and they are there in about 10 minutes. Their shuttle to the port is about $7 pp. If 2 or more people it is cheaper to take a taxi.

I called Hyatt Place about a month ago on this charge and they said it was only from the hotel to the airport and that it was free from the airport to the hotel.

We took a taxi for $11 to HAL terminal

we wanted to go later than the shuttle so it worked out for us

We've stayed at this Hyatt Place four times, with a fifth stay planned in two weeks. Love the location. Rooms are always very clean.

Regarding shuttle from airport to hotel, it is still complimentary. Shuttles arrived every hour on the hour. two years ago In APRIL (on Thursdays), and last year we arrived in March on a Saturday, and shuttles arrived every HALF hour. It is not a shuttle that you call and they will pick you up specifically. They merely tell you WHERE to catch the shuttle when you call their number. They are always prompt to answer their phone.

I can tell you that once you retrieve your luggage, you go out the doors and to the right of the cab stands. You will have to walk a bit of a distance, depending on which set of doors you go out, but you will wait for the van in an area where all the hotel shuttles are picking up their guests. Also, there are TWO Hyatt Places, so when the HP Van arrives, make sure to let them know which Hyatt Place you're staying at.

You will be at your hotel within 10-15 minutes.

On cruise day we like taking the Shuttle for $7 pp. Now, I can state that we would have preferred a taxi the year we went to catch the Celebrity ship from the Oasis of the Seas pier. Because it seemed that we were delayed approx 15 extra minutes due to being on a shuttle Van, and the taxis were being waved right on through while the shuttles had to wait to get into the loading unloading area while other shuttles full of people unloaded. HOWEVER, when we took the shuttle to Pier 2 (Regal Princess) it was a much better experience, and we didn't experience the crowds that were found at that other terminal 15? I think?

We've also taxied several times and it is quick and efficient as long as there aren't too many ships in port.

Also, you do have to sign up for the shuttle to the pier the night before earliest shuttle is at 10:00, with the last one at 1:00.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me