Don't even think about skipping the Lifeboat Drill

I just got off of the Breeze, and now they scan the Sail & Sign account cards as you enter your Muster Station. About 20 passengers didn't show up at our station, and they were all called out to report to the drill.

Long overdue change if this is the case!

they did that a few years ago on our Pride cruise.

They did not mention names but only cabin numbers.I still believe that was a random thing --the cabin numbers.

but it really made us who attended the drill make us wait even longer.

Carnival needs to hold the Muster drill in the public rooms instead of packing us like sardines under the life boats. Princess, Royal and Celebrity do it that way. Not sure about NCL, its been a while.

I agree. As I am aging, and having back pain issues, I find it extremely difficult to stand in one place for more than 5 minutes without moving about some. Last year, last cruise, the muster took an incredibly long time, and I almost fainted from the pain. I am not normally one to ask for special assistance, but I fear that next cruise, I may have to ask for the special needs area for muster drill. Don't want to, but cant face the scenario again this year.

I always thought it was the height of arrogance not to attend the muster. Like the rules don't apply to everyone. Sure it is a pain, but it is only for a brief time. Suck it up and just go.

And that is exactly what I have done these last two cruises, sucked it up and gone. I have always gone, and would never consider not going, same as I always pay attention to pre flight explanations of needing to exit the aircraft in an emergency. Yet, when I am standing an incredibly long time, enduring pain because of late comers, or no shows, then it does become a big issue for me.

I will always attend muster drill no matter what, but don't want to faint from pain, and then be told that I need to be checked out by the ships doctor at x amount of cost to me..., then that is why, I prefer they held it in public rooms.

I believe they do this on fantasy class ships, and then there is a visit to the muster station. I have no problem with this. Just as above poster said, they should not pack us in like sardines in hot weather, and then let us stand there for 30 mins before the drill even starts.

Edited by SMSACE6

Carnival needs to hold the Muster drill in the public rooms instead of packing us like sardines under the life boats. Princess, Royal and Celebrity do it that way. Not sure about NCL, its been a while.

Last year I was on NCL Getaway. My group was in the MDR. And yes, they scanned your card. I agree with the other poster that an outside drill is more realistic, but the ships are now so big that I can't see it being done due to lack of space to stand.

just tell the crew directing you to muster ,that you have a health issues and you go to the theater.lots of people with walkers and scooters go there.

Thanks, I will do this. I am just being stubborn, but no way can I endure what I did last fall on my last cruise. Time for me to get over it, and do that:o

They did it this way when we sailed on the Dream this past November. Our particular meeting place was the Crimson MDR. Much more pleasant than out by the life boats!

Thanks, I will do this. I am just being stubborn, but no way can I endure what I did last fall on my last cruise. Time for me to get over it, and do that:o

No sense in suffering. That's why they have the special area set up. You're not doing anything wrong by going there. Please just do it. As a fellow cruiser I would much rather you start your vacation off on a happy note instead of being miserable! Besides, if you fall out, you're going to delay us more while they call medical to come get you! Just kidding [emoji39].

No sense in suffering. That's why they have the special area set up. You're not doing anything wrong by going there. Please just do it. As a fellow cruiser I would much rather you start your vacation off on a happy note instead of being miserable! Besides, if you fall out, you're going to delay us more while they call medical to come get you! Just kidding [emoji39].

It is ok, joking aside. I realise this and it is my fear. Two years ago, I was able to stand and walk so much longer than now. I fear that I may not be able to travel much anymore, and especially cruise, which is my favorite vacation.

I have one more cruise booked for September, and will definitely go to the special need area for muster. I think, it also has to do with type of ship, as conquest class seems to be the only one to do it this way, yet also the type of ship that I continue to book. Thanks for the advice, and I will follow.

I just got off of the Breeze, and now they scan the Sail & Sign account cards as you enter your Muster Station. About 20 passengers didn't show up at our station, and they were all called out to report to the drill.

This makes sense. I went on my first cruise last year, and honestly, I was confused about the whole process. Never at any point did they do any kind of head count, so I was wondering the whole time how they even could tell if everyone was there.

I always thought it was the height of arrogance not to attend the muster. Like the rules don't apply to everyone. Sure it is a pain, but it is only for a brief time. Suck it up and just go.

I have always attended the drill. It doesn't bother me at all. I don't understand those who choose to skip it.

It is ok, joking aside. I realise this and it is my fear. Two years ago, I was able to stand and walk so much longer than now. I fear that I may not be able to travel much anymore, and especially cruise, which is my favorite vacation.

I have one more cruise booked for September, and will definitely go to the special need area for muster. I think, it also has to do with type of ship, as conquest class seems to be the only one to do it this way, yet also the type of ship that I continue to book. Thanks for the advice, and I will follow.

I have only traveled on the Conquest Class ships on Carnival so that's all I have experience with. It can be hard when you have to change the way you do things when limitations come up, but sometimes we just have to let our pride go. At least you'll still be cruising. And if mobility becomes too much of an issue, there's always a scooter. I'm still young, but you better believe I'll be cruising no matter what when I'm older! May you have many more years of happy sailing ahead!

I'm glad that they are starting to enforce the muster drill. Most of us have been to so many we tune them out. But the sooner everyone shows up, the sooner we get done and can get the party started. Celebrity would check off our names/cabin numbers as you entered your area. I much preferred sitting in the theater and lounge to standing outside as well.

We just did the Breeze and they scanned our cards as we entered one of the dinning rooms or lounges whichever you are assigned to. Now this was our 30 something cruise so we know the drill but I feel it's inadequate for people new to cruising or to those who don't pay attention. The panic that would come over everyone is to be expected and I would feel better knowing exactly where my life boat is and it's not in the dinning room. Not bringing your life jacket is another thing, now I hate carrying that thing and I hate it around my neck but I have at least experienced putting it on, how many of the newbies have and have they paid enough attention to do it (I mean those who are sitting there with their phones out and their drink in front of them). Just my opinions.