Loyalty and Shareholders credit for married couple booked in separate cabins

dianef

Was wondering if a married couple is booked in separate cabins,taking grandsons and booking one of each with an adult,will we each get shareholders credit,only have 100 joint shares,and loyalty credit.

If we change cabins,to be together,and put the boys together,would they take the obc's away?The boys are old enough to be in cabin,one being 16.

We would each get an elite mini-bar set up,with us both being elite.

EACH person has to have 100 shares, so if you had 100 and he had 100, you would get it as you are in different cabins. 100 shared- qualifies for one OBC shareholder benefit.

Switching on board is never an issue...

Bernadette

Was wondering if a married couple is booked in separate cabins,taking grandsons and booking one of each with an adult,will we each get shareholders credit,only have 100 joint shares,and loyalty credit.

If we change cabins,to be together,and put the boys together,would they take the obc's away?The boys are old enough to be in cabin,one being 16.

We would each get an elite mini-bar set up,with us both being elite.

If both meet the 20+ cruise requirement for loyalty credit then each would get it in the separate cabins.

Actually if you own the shares jointly and have separate booking numbers you will both get the stock owner OBC. Husband and I have done so - and logically if you sailed on your own you'd be entitled to it - same net effect

This is what happens for us too when we travel with kids and grandkids and have separate booking numbers. We get the OBC and mini bar for each cabin. If we travel on our own, you get the same credit and bar set up as if you were cruising together.

Thanks for the info.It sounds like a win,win situation booking separately.

I was concerned if,on the first day,we go to purser desk and change rooms that they might take away the obc for shareholders and loyalty.Anyone have the situation and did it work out okey?

A suggestion is to print out extra luggage tags for the person staying in the cabin. Then, attach the tags to the other person's bag(s). That way, the luggage goes to the "after switch"/correct cabin. It doesn't matter whose name is on the tag as long as you're using a tag with the cabin # you're ultimately staying in.

Just have the purser's desk make an additional room key (not valid for charging) for both rooms. Husband keeps one for yours, other grandkid keeps the one for his, problem solved, no drama.

Yes, an additional key card is all you need, plus your grandkids also enjoys your free laundry.

We actually have 4 cabins next to each other with the parents in one and other son and roommate in other.I assume the best way might be to get another key and not legally change names on cabin.If I changed the name they might catch on and take credits away.Anyone in that situation and changed names.Should we tell cabin stewart we are changing cabins,as he will see different people in the cabin that he has listed.

I want to make sure I do it right, so not to lose any credit we get being in separate rooms.Have cruised many times but not been in this situation.We will have a nice amount of obc,if we have different cabins registered.

Maybe it is best that hubby and I have our credit on our own credit cards and not combined,as we usually do.

If the cabin is elite and the person named as elite sends it in then yes they will get it. Entitled ?

the person who is elite will get the free laundry but if you have anyone who is not elite in the cabin they shouldnt get it, we know it happens but if princess finds out they could be charged

the person who is elite will get the free laundry but if you have anyone who is not elite in the cabin they shouldnt get it, we know it happens but if princess finds out they could be charged

But has anyone ever been charged

Probably not, but this is a prime example of why Princess constantly review their perks. When I first became Elite, the internet use was unlimited but people were letting their friends use their account and Princess got wise to it. So now we get 250 minutes. Exactly the same for the free laundry as passengers were letting theit friends put the laundry in with theirs. If you're not entitled to it, then don't use it. Not saying that this applies to you, just saying!

Probably not, but this is a prime example of why Princess constantly review their perks. When I first became Elite, the internet use was unlimited but people were letting their friends use their account and Princess got wise to it. So now we get 250 minutes. Exactly the same for the free laundry as passengers were letting theit friends put the laundry in with theirs. If you're not entitled to it, then don't use it. Not saying that this applies to you, just saying!

its doesnt regarding laundry, the reason internet is now limited is because everyone uses a ipad etc, its nothing to do with other people using your elite perk, its almost 10 years ago they changed it, and way back then you would have had to sit all day in the internet cafe to abuse the perk. if you think about how much laundry a ship does a day, cabin towels, pool towels, dining room stuff, bedding the list goes on and on, a few elites is not going to be even a small percentage

We actually have 4 cabins next to each other with the parents in one and other son and roommate in other.I assume the best way might be to get another key and not legally change names on cabin.If I changed the name they might catch on and take credits away.Anyone in that situation and changed names.Should we tell cabin stewart we are changing cabins,as he will see different people in the cabin that he has listed.

I want to make sure I do it right, so not to lose any credit we get being in separate rooms.Have cruised many times but not been in this situation.We will have a nice amount of obc,if we have different cabins registered.

Maybe it is best that hubby and I have our credit on our own credit cards and not combined,as we usually do.

Several years ago, we had arranged to have us in separate cabins. We each had individual OBC for our cabins. Once on board we did change our names "officially" at the PSD and some of the OBC did get cancelled when I was moved to the other cabin. I can't remember which OBC was cancelled but now we just leave the names alone and get the extra key cards for the rooms.

Edited by coo359a2

I will just leave names alone and get the extra keys.That sounds like the safest way.

I had no intention sending out grandsons clothes in my free elite laundry.Sometimes I don't send mine out either.For a one week cruise we should not have to worry about it.

its doesnt regarding laundry, the reason internet is now limited is because everyone uses a ipad etc, its nothing to do with other people using your elite perk, its almost 10 years ago they changed it, and way back then you would have had to sit all day in the internet cafe to abuse the perk. if you think about how much laundry a ship does a day, cabin towels, pool towels, dining room stuff, bedding the list goes on and on, a few elites is not going to be even a small percentage

you really dont understand about the free elite perk with the laundry

its for people who earned it and not for non elite people to put in the elite bag, if its abused too much princess might say we'll give elites one bag per cruise and if that happens the elites will be upset

To do it "right" stay in the separate cabins you booked. The OBC was given because you are in two different cabins, not because you booked with every intention of gaming the system.

I don't care what you do but just don't understand the "do it right" comment.

Can you just see unlimited Internet today with all the Elites using their computers & tablets in their cabins. :D:D

Like you say, years ago it was no big deal.

you really dont understand about the free elite perk with the laundry

its for people who earned it and not for non elite people to put in the elite bag, if its abused too much princess might say we'll give elites one bag per cruise and if that happens the elites will be upset

People send in laundry all the time for others in their cabin (and others not even in their cabin). Say nothing & no one will notice anything out of the ordinary.

btw- We haven used the free laundry in years. It's plain terrible. The cleaning is pretty good.

Can you just see unlimited Internet today with all the Elites using their computers & tablets in their cabins. :D:D

Like you say, years ago it was no big deal.

People send in laundry all the time for others in their cabin (and others not even in their cabin). Say nothing & no one will notice anything out of the ordinary.

btw- We haven used the free laundry in years. It's plain terrible. The cleaning is pretty good.

thats why things get cut out because people abuse the system with putting other peoples laundry in with the elite bag