On Silhouette now observations

kasowell2

Boarded the Silhouette about fifteen minutes after entering the security line at 10:15. Waited and had a few drinks until rooms opened at 1:00.

1st. Couple buying ultimate dining in front of me were told the porch was no included. I may have misunderstood.

2nd. No welcoming bottle of water in aqua class. No big deal since we have premium package.

3rd. Ate at Bistro on 5. Food was good as usual but the service was so slow we finally complained to the head waiter. No excuse to take 30 minutes from ordering entree to deliver and then another 30 minutes from ordering dessert to finally delivering. At no time did anyone come check on us. The head waiter did comp the meal but we probably won't go back. There were probably four tables occupied.

4th. Wifi works ok so will check back and see if you have any questions

Boarded the Silhouette about fifteen minutes after entering the security line at 10:15. Waited and had a few drinks until rooms opened at 1:00.

1st. Couple buying ultimate dining in front of me were told the porch was no included. I may have misunderstood.

2nd. No welcoming bottle of water in aqua class. No big deal since we have premium package.

3rd. Ate at Bistro on 5. Food was good as usual but the service was so slow we finally complained to the head waiter. No excuse to take 30 minutes from ordering entree to deliver and then another 30 minutes from ordering dessert to finally delivering. At no time did anyone come check on us. The head waiter did comp the meal but we probably won't go back. There were probably four tables occupied.

4th. Wifi works ok so will check back and see if you have any questions

LOVE LOVE LOVED Silhouette. Enjoy your cruise. There was not one single thing about that ship we did not enjoy other than the couple that made out by the pool all week-lol!!!

So sorry to hear about Bistro 5 as we were planning on an embarkation lunch to avoid the buffet crowds.

We board early and usually have been to the buffet, taken our lunch outside to the Oceanview/Sunset Bar and are on our second drink before the "buffet crowds" arrive:)

Wanted to eat in a specialty restaurant but all that was being offered was a 30% off. Still not worth it to us. Ate in Blu and had the blue cheese soufflé, quail, corn soup, and the filet. The soufflé was good, the quail ok, and the filet was above average. Wish they had more vegetables with the filet. Sommelier service was good once we flagged him down. It looked like it was one person for the whole room.

The comedian tonight was good and the martinis were good as well.wifi service spotty but hey it's a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean

I'm sailing Silhouette on 4/10 in AQ. I don't see "ultimate dining package" online - just 5/4/3 meal packs. Should I just wait till i'm on board to purchase? What does ultimate dining package include (how many meals)?

How is the service in Blu?

Thanks!

"I'm sailing Silhouette on 4/10 in AQ. I don't see "ultimate dining package" online - just 5/4/3 meal packs. Should I just wait till i'm on board to purchase? What does ultimate dining package include (how many meals)?"

It can only be booked in person once you are on board, not available to book on line. It is capacity controlled so once they have sold out, no more are made available. It allows for unlimited specialty dining at $29 a day. You can eat at any specialty restaurant for lunch and dinner (no specialty offers breakfast at this time). Blu and Luminae are not classified as specialty restaurants and are not included.

"I'm sailing Silhouette on 4/10 in AQ. I don't see "ultimate dining package" online - just 5/4/3 meal packs. Should I just wait till i'm on board to purchase? What does ultimate dining package include (how many meals)?"

It can only be booked in person once you are on board, not available to book on line. It is capacity controlled so once they have sold out, no more are made available. It allows for unlimited specialty dining at $29 a day. You can eat at any specialty restaurant for lunch and dinner (no specialty offers breakfast at this time). Blu and Luminae are not classified as specialty restaurants and are not included.

I am on your same sailing. Cindy in 1261. I asked the Celebrity people on the phone about my meal choices and can confirm the information above. We are going to take our chances with discounts when we get on board. See you in a few weeks.

Ate breakfast in Blu. Very good omelet and the other had French toast. I like a Diet Coke for breakfast and they didn't have any. Oh well I'm still on a cruise. Lunch buffet was not crowded at 12 but by 1 it was very crowded. Was disappointed they did not have the wok going for fresh cooked food.

Loving wife forced me to the port and shopping show but at least I won a bamboo t-shirt.

Went by the porch to check on the ultimate dining option but they were closed. Will check tomorrow. Update later on the night

Wanted to eat in a specialty restaurant but all that was being offered was a 30% off. Still not worth it to us. Ate in Blu and had the blue cheese soufflé, quail, corn soup, and the filet. The soufflé was good, the quail ok, and the filet was above average. Wish they had more vegetables with the filet. Sommelier service was good once we flagged him down. It looked like it was one person for the whole room.

The comedian tonight was good and the martinis were good as well.wifi service spotty but hey it's a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean

If you're in Blu ask if Madeline is available to be your sommelier, she did an amazing job for us when we were onboard a couple weeks ago.

We are on Silhouette now also, deck 6, and it has the worst ship design we have experienced. The life boats on deck five block the view on most deck 6 veranda staterooms with large lifting arms right in your view. The lifeboats are mounted directly on deck 5 blocking the view of the water completely from deck 5 and making the walkway narrow. The jogging/walking track on deck 12 is small and crowded with lounge chairs.

The glasses in our cabin were sticky, and another couple saw stains in their soap dish which looked like nicotine.

No hot dogs for lunch In the Ocean View Cafe.

Other ship feature are spread out in a hodgepodge fashion.

Carpet and and general appearance are dated and old looking. Hate the blue lights by the elevator.

Room was not made up by 10:30 when we returned from breakfast. That never happened on RCI. Back to RCI FOS for us

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by 2CatsInFlorida

We are on Silhouette now also, deck 6, and it has the worst ship design we have experienced. The life boats on deck five block the view on most deck 6 veranda staterooms with large lifting arms right in your view. The lifeboats are mounted directly on deck 5 blocking the view of the water completely from deck 5 and making the walkway narrow. The jogging/walking track on deck 12 is small and crowded with lounge chairs.

The glasses in our cabin were sticky, and another couple saw stains in their soap dish which looked like nicotine.

Carpet and and general appearance are dated and old looking. Hate the blue lights by the elevator.

Room was not made up by 10:30 when we returned from breakfast. That never happened on RCI. Back to RCI FOS for us

On your cabin selection. There is so much information available in this forum alone let alone dozens of other resources that are available, you have only yourself to blame for the circumstances you have found yourself in with regard to obstructed views. Do your home work next time.

If you EVER find something in your stateroom that you are not happy with, you need to tell your room steward immediately. Most will report that if you do so, it will be taken care of immediately. If you don't get things straightened out, elevate to the officer who is charge of your room steward. I can guarantee you that it will get fixed to your satisfaction.

Hot dogs are not available in Ocean View. Never have been. They are served on the grill on the pool deck.

I'm sorry you had problems on board Reflection. Don't give up just yet.

On your cabin selection. There is so much information available in this forum alone let alone dozens of other resources that are available, you have only yourself to blame for the circumstances you have found yourself in with regard to obstructed views. Do your home work

Hot dogs are not available in Ocean View. Never have been. They are served on the grill on the pool deck.. I'm sorry you had problems on board Reflection. Don't give up just yet.

Thanks for the hot dog tip. Website did not show cabin as obstructed nor could I tell from photos. But ship design is poor; lifeboats attached directly to deck 5 completely obstructing water view on deck 5. On RCI FOS lifeboats are under the cabin so no one sees them from their cabin and they are suspended above deck 5 so you can see the water and walk around the whole ship on deck 5. You are correct that I should have asked on CC about the lifeboat problem, as I have gotten good advice often on CC from more experienced cruisers.

Edited by 2CatsInFlorida

I couldn't find any up to date info on this, so I'll ask here: does the Silhouette still have the Molecular bar or the new World Class bar?

Yes, we are on Silhouette now and the map shows Molecular bar on deck 5 midship. I will go check now. However, I suggest this is one of the poorest designed ships we have been on. Looks like an architect who designs big box stores designed Silhouette We did love Constellation, very classy.

UPDATE. No Molecular bar on deck 5, just checked.

Edited by 2CatsInFlorida

I couldn't find any up to date info on this, so I'll ask here: does the Silhouette still have the Molecular bar or the new World Class bar?

World Class.... We were there and they had a good selections n of drinks and the ones we had were good nut it's just not our drink of choice

IMHO, it sounds like you are looking for things not to like.

Hot dogs are available at the Mast Grill.

Deck 6 cabins are have an obstructed view- easy to find out if you do minimal research.

Hodgepodge layout- the deck plans are pretty clear as to the layout. for us we prefer that layout to the crowded Promenade

No excuse for sticky glasses.

The cabin attendants have 20+ cabins to clean. We have never had a problem if we tell them what our schedule is and ask nicely if they could have the cabin made up ___.

We are Diamond+ on Royal and there are things we prefer about them and things we prefer about Celebrity; but we prefer to look for what is good about a ship/cruise line. After all you are on a cruise and not at work😊