Live from Diamond Princess and onto Europe

"coffee at 5.50 plus 18 % for grats on top"

Was that $5.50 Aus or $5.50 US, plus 18%?

Celebrity should be ashamed charging such high price for coffee. Maybe they are doing a community service by weaning people off coffee, like the Australian Government does with the high cost of our cigarettes. :)

Thanks Sara,

How was your day....did you tour Ephesus.

All the private tours have been great. The ship tour I did to delios a Few were sick on journey back on ferry it was very rough. Had a wonderful tour of athens he was simply fabulous.

Albergo del senato great little hotel next to the pantheon.

will make my way via cab to train station to go up to cruise port where I stay overnight before boarding ship to moron.

We were meant to go to Istanbul but celebrity cancelled that ages go replaced with Malta. Far as I know the other turkey stop is still happening. Will post if it cancelled.

I have a few private tours organised and will booked some on the ship that I didn't organise.

We stayed there a few years ago. In those days it was #1 on TA but not sure where it is now. It was fantastic and our room looked out on the Pantheon. The rooftop bar was great. Did the key still come on a large rock? The front desk used to make me practice my Italian when I would ask for the key each time. We had some great meals in the small streets around.

They have their last port of call today at Salerno, then back to Rome to finish the cruise on Wednesday.

Last port already! I always hope the actual cruise goes slower for the passenger than it does for those enjoying the cruise back home.

I'm back at work now and had a few days to recover from the cruise and flights.

It was my second time on Celebrity and while there was nothing wrong with the ship or crew etc I don't think its anything better than RCL or Princess.

The Constellation is a smaller ship and felt crowded at times. Also I found the indoor pool not very good (way to hot and you cannot really swim in it) and if the weather cold then its not much good then.

A lot of people seem to be on the drinks package. I did a couple of tours with the ship, found them to be good and not overly expensive.

I would sail with Celebrity again. However, it would have to be at a very good price as the on the ship costs are high as are the 18% grats. I don't get the hype about Celebrity that I have read about.

Edited by icat2000

I think the newer ships might change your mind. Have been on RCL, Celebrity and Princess and while I choose for itinerary, I am pleased when that turns out to be Celebrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Which would be classed as the newer ships in their fleet please ?

I am doing my first later this year on Solstice, but always on the lookout further afield.

Celebrity Solstice has the reputation of being the best cruise ship yet built. It is the standard upon which most of the other new builds are based .

Heres a quick summary of Celebrity's fleet''

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity_Cruises

Millennium class

Celebrity Millennium 2000

Celebrity Infinity 2001

Celebrity Constellation 2002

Solstice class

Celebrity Solstice 2008

Celebrity Equinox 2009

Celebrity Eclipse 2010

Celebrity Silhouette 2011

Celebrity Reflection 2012

Which would be classed as the newer ships in their fleet please ?

I am doing my first later this year on Solstice, but always on the lookout further afield.

As per above - the Solstice class. We have cruised on the Equinox. Lovely ship.

I think the newer ships might change your mind. Have been on RCL, Celebrity and Princess and while I choose for itinerary, I am pleased when that turns out to be Celebrity.

I have cruised on Celebrity Equinox. Nice ship. The Connie is no where near those ships. But its like everything. You have to weigh it all up. Its the onboard costs that puts me off Celebrity at the moment.

Edited by icat2000

I have cruised on Celebrity Equinox. Nice ship. The Connie is no where near those ships. But its like everything. You have to weigh it all up. Its the onboard costs that puts me off Celebrity at the moment.

Well the Celebrity big bang is the Solstice ships. Thats what everyone likes about Celebrity.

We've normally had the beverage package included and sometimes OBC. Never had to pay a bill and one time received money back.

Edited by Pushka

Well the Celebrity big bang is the Solstice ships. Thats what everyone likes about Celebrity.

We've normally had the beverage package included and sometimes OBC. Never had to pay a bill and one time received money back.

Beverage package is okay if you get it at a good price. However, sometimes Celebrity inflate the prices to move the cabins with incentives as drinks, grats, internet included but in reality you pay for it in the cabin price. Its a slick marketing strategy for Celebrity for sure. I bet they have gotten people to spend more on the cabin that what they might do cause it includes those so-called freebies. :D

Edited by icat2000

We got the beverage package and Aqua suite for less than our original booking of just a verandah cabin. No slick marketing there.

I'm on the Reflection tomorrow out of Rome

Balcony cabin $1300 aussie for ten days ....includes free drinks package and $300 obc per cabin.

They won't be making much out of us.☺

Nice. Was that that error pricing that Celebrity put on the website and lots of people from OZ booked on it.

Beverage package is okay if you get it at a good price. However, sometimes Celebrity inflate the prices to move the cabins with incentives as drinks, grats, internet included but in reality you pay for it in the cabin price. Its a slick marketing strategy for Celebrity for sure. I bet they have gotten people to spend more on the cabin that what they might do cause it includes those so-called freebies. :D

I did the maths for our Solstice cruise last Christmas - it worked out a smidge cheaper to book a balcony cabin with the classic drinks package included than it did to book and inside cabin and pay for the drinks package. So we enjoyed the balcony cabin :D :D

I'm on the Reflection tomorrow out of Rome

Balcony cabin $1300 aussie for ten days ....includes free drinks package and $300 obc per cabin.

They won't be making much out of us.☺

Looking forward to reading your comments about that cruise. We're considering B2B cruises on her next year, combining the eastern and western Med itineraries.

Nice. Was that that error pricing that Celebrity put on the website and lots of people from OZ booked on it.

No error...It was available for a month...Istanbul got cancelled and people were nervous about Med.

We are suppose to go to Ephesus, Turkey still.