New RCL email 'robes for Platinum upon request only

On my last 3 cruises the bed formation request on my profile was not carried out. I believe they leave the beds as they were the cruise before and see what happens......

They would never get the robes right. IMO

My preferred room arrangement is never correct so you are probably right about the robes! We had no robes in our cabin a couple weeks ago. Didn't really want them so did not mention it.

I didn't get the e-mail (so what else is new?) so thanks to the OP.

(I lived in Virginia Beach for 16 years before retiring and moving "home" a few years ago. I miss it.)

Our last cruise we had to ask for them. Was told they were being laundered. True, as they were a little damp.

Our friends who were not Platinum asked for them to play a prank on us and they received them.

To save the waves?! We'd hang up our towels instead of leaving them on the floor and we always came back with clean ones.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

received this email today from RCL and wanted to share:

To support World Wildlife Fund's water

conservation initiatives, robes for

Platinum guests and above will now

be available upon request.

May be old news for most but I just saw this today. I am sure if you are booked into a suite cabin the bathrobes are included as a suite guest perk. But for standard cabins this may be new and something to keep in mind when packing.

We will be first time RCL cruisers for our Allure cruise July 2016 (very excited!). We have an Ocean View Balcony reserved and I do like to lounge around in my bathrobe so I will be packing my own for sure.

I can't think of the last time we've had the robes in our room when we walked in. We've always had to ask for them (or the steward asked us if we wanted them when we met him/her). I rarely use one, but my wife and daughter like them.

My post was obviously intended as humor. :rolleyes:

But you still have to ask for the ice, just like the robes now apparently for

Platinum members.

Perks that were taken for granted seem to now be going away,

so you have to ask them. Or are you one that still gets everything automatically? ;)

Hey Pat -- hope you and Bucky are well and enjoying cruising.

I read once that RCI had stopped having ice automatically as a one of the many measures to fight noro-virus but it also saves money to not have the ice bucket filled automatically. I always take my own cooler as I need ice to ice my foot and my Cabin Attendant always has it filled. Some of them actually sanitized them before they added the ice.

Maybe that explains why there wasn't a robe in my new cabin today; since apparently I am still Platinum. They were in my another 2 cabins this past week. I asked and it was on the bed when I got back to the room.

Little side note $3.95 room service charge starts at 10pm now. Not sure when that went into effect.

10pm?? Goodness. That was usually my cut off time to order. Guess I'll have to push it up to 9pm now.

Thanks for the heads up!

I never had one in my cabin - ever. I never bothered to ask either. Wondering if I will see one now that I'm Emerald.

I thought the e-mail said "robes for Platinum guests and above will now be available upon request." So Platinum and above must now request one, right? Or did I misunderstand?

My post was obviously intended as humor. :rolleyes:

But you still have to ask for the ice, just like the robes now apparently for

Platinum members.

Perks that were taken for granted seem to now be going away,

so you have to ask them. Or are you one that still gets everything automatically? ;)

It varies from ship to ship. The ice you have to ask for, ok no big deal. The robes sometimes they are in our closet, sometimes we have to ask. Again no big deal.

I'm only Gold, but there was a robe and a 4 Pack of Evian waiting for me from C&A when I boarded Serenade last week. The robe is too small for me, should I just leave it in my room when we return to FLL? Or is it mine to keep?

Not yours to keep, unless you purchased it pre-cruise.

Hey Pat -- hope you and Bucky are well and enjoying cruising.

I read once that RCI had stopped having ice automatically as a one of the many measures to fight noro-virus but it also saves money to not have the ice bucket filled automatically. I always take my own cooler as I need ice to ice my foot and my Cabin Attendant always has it filled. Some of them actually sanitized them before they added the ice.

Hi Sherri! :)

Bummer about your foot. Hope it eventually heals so you won't need the ice?

I like ice in my water glass at night, since I am constantly thirsty and getting a drink in the middle of the night. Cabin attendant is usually good about keeping the ice bucket filled for me when I tell him that is the one request I will make that is important to me.

We are currently back cruising in the "land yacht" for our Spring Florida Panhandle tour and are enjoying some beach time here near Destin for the next 5 weeks.

Edited by island lady

Hi Sherri! :)

Bummer about your foot. Hope it eventually heals so you won't need the ice?

I like ice in my water glass at night, since I am constantly thirsty and getting a drink in the middle of the night. Cabin attendant is usually good about keeping the ice bucket filled for me when I tell him that is the one request I will make that is important to me.

We are currently back cruising in the "land yacht" for our Spring Florida Panhandle tour and are enjoying some beach time here near Destin for the next 5 weeks.

Pat -- I will be icing my foot for the rest of my life. I had an ankle replacement in 2000 and icing keeps the swelling down. Very pleasant to ice on my balcony with the ocean going by. I also like to put water bottles in the ice as they get really, really cold. My cabin attendants have always been great about filling my ice chest. Only problem (very minor) is that the chest (a soft one) sweats a lot and it is best kept in the bathtub.

Hope you are having a great land cruise and get great weather. Hope we can cruise again in the future.

Interesting. We are Platinum, but I didn't get that e-mail. Last week, we were on the Majesty, in a JS. Never saw the robes. Last year on the Brilliance out of Harwich, the robes showed up in our cabin (not a suite) on the second day.

No email but just returned from the Brilliance. We are well above Platinum and had to request a robe ( only needed one) . No problem - the cabin attendant provided it by the first evening.

I saw a blurb, on the last day compass, about the 10pm room service charge and thought it was because it was the last night. I did not notice if it was every other night as well.

BTW - Had a great cruise. Staff was some of the friendliest, food very good and the ship look terrific.

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

This is an excellent idea, and should actually make them MORE available for the people who want them, since people who DON'T want them won't have them.

:)

I agree. On the snowbird migration cruise last year I had to wait three days to get a robe. The stateroom attendant acted like I was asking her for the world and said that they were very difficult to get because there were so many Diamonds and up on board (I am Diamond). I talked to quite a few people on that cruise who were given robes and didn't want/need them. One couple said they shoved theirs under the bed to get them out of the way :(