Feeling guilty........

KPfromCT

If Carnival weren't simultaneously raising rates and cutting back, I'd be right their in your corner. But right now, the way things are going, I wouldn't feel one iota of guilt. Besides, and I'm sure you know this, not one person in a management position at Carnival knows your name, or that you exist, so play the field and feel good about it. :-) IMHO, they are much more interested in gaining new cruisers than keeping their old ones happy anyway.

We booked a superior oceanview on the "hump".:D:D

From what I hear, the ship is so massive, sometimes you don't feel like you are even on a cruise ship.

So, at least when we go back to the cabin, we'll KNOW we are on a cruise ship.:D

Nice! I had a boardwalk balcony all the way on the end of deck 10, so I was still able to see the ocean, aqua theater and boardwalk scene. Just wanted to try something different and I actually liked it. I would book that kind of cabin again.

And yes, the ship is very massive. When you're inside of the ship and watching shows and stuff, you do forget that you're on a ship at times. But it's definitely something to try at least once and you've taken that step.

:eek::D:eek::D

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease don't tell him!!!! LMAO!!!!!:D

Sorry, I sent him an Email! I understand he's quite upset, so I wouldn't take a cruise on Carnival until next year!

The reverse for us ... We always sail RC and have always been happy but we just wanted something new and different and so are giving carnival a try.' This summer.. No guilt though!!

When we sail to Bermuda it will be on Carnival for port convenience instead of RCI our usual cruise line. No brand loyalty for us, but if someone wants to spend thousands of dollars just so they can get a free bottle of water it's their money.

While Carnival once was a step below RCI, that is no longer the case IMHO with the new Carnival ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm confused as to why you feel guilty. Am I missing something?

I agree, what are we not getting here? Should I feel guilty that we just booked another Panama Canal cruise since we were there in Dec/Jan on Princess. Or that we booked Carnival to Alaska? I don't feel guilty about anything, we worked our butts off for years and now it's our turn to indulge.:D

When we sail to Bermuda it will be on Carnival for port convenience instead of RCI our usual cruise line. No brand loyalty for us, but if someone wants to spend thousands of dollars just so they can get a free bottle of water it's their money.

While Carnival once was a step below RCI, that is no longer the case IMHO with the new Carnival ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm curious which Carnival ship sails to Bermuda during the "in" season. We haven't found one since 2003, so we have been using RCCL for our summer cruises since.

I'm curious which Carnival ship sails to Bermuda during the "in" season. We haven't found one since 2003, so we have been using RCCL for our summer cruises since.

I am not aware of any ships that sail to Bermuda other than in season. Carnival has multiple ships that sail to Bermuda. This year it is the Ecstasy, Victory, Splendor, Pride, Sunshine, Vista.

You will have a great time. Oasis-class is an incredible piece of engineering. Ultimately you may find things you love, and other aspects, not so much, but it is a real "jaw dropper". No other line offers anything that compares. Hope you have a great vacation.

I am not aware of any ships that sail to Bermuda other than in season. Carnival has multiple ships that sail to Bermuda. This year it is the Ecstasy, Victory, Splendor, Pride, Sunshine, Vista.

Which ones dock in July or August for their three day stint?

Maybe it's because we've only cruise with carnival in the past and we felt loyal to them. And don't get me wrong we absolutely love carnival. I don't most feels like were cheating on them by going on another cruise line.

I know it sounds ridiculous but it is what it is. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts when you return. Please let us know.

We booked a cruise today!!!:D

On Royal Caribbean:eek:

I really don't even know how it happened. We were talking, and DD, and DH wanted something "different".

I have always wanted to try Allure or Oasis, and we just decided to go with it.

I don't know WHY, but I just feel guilty. lol

We LOVE Carnival!!!

But, in all reality, Carnival's prices have gone UP. WAY up. The cost of this cruise was comparable to two of the Carnival cruises we priced out.

I know we'll have a great time, and it's been said you have to do one of those ships at SOME point. Well, I guess it's our time.:D:

Enjoy. Shouldn't matter the cruise line, just that you have a good time and are able to relax. My wife and I haven't sailed one of the newer mega ships, but next year Vista's cruise will be the biggest ship yet. Really curious how an extra 1000 people onboard will affect the cruise.

It doesn't matter so much how many people, but how the ship is laid out. I've been on the Oasis with about 6400 guests, and that ship seemed the least crowded of all that I've been on. I've also been on 1500 passenger ships that made me feel like a sardine.

We booked a cruise today!!!:D

On Royal Caribbean:eek:

I really don't even know how it happened. We were talking, and DD, and DH wanted something "different".

I have always wanted to try Allure or Oasis, and we just decided to go with it.

I don't know WHY, but I just feel guilty. lol

We LOVE Carnival!!!

But, in all reality, Carnival's prices have gone UP. WAY up. The cost of this cruise was comparable to two of the Carnival cruises we priced out.

I know we'll have a great time, and it's been said you have to do one of those ships at SOME point. Well, I guess it's our time.:D:

Enjoy! We would love to try Royal or NCL, but prices are always way higher than Carnival when we can sail.