Princess cruise from ft lauradale

Benglish60

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with these cruise from ft Lauradale? I have checked several sites and even on princess web sites all dates till November are grated out. It's impossible for all rooms to be taken for all those months. If anyone has any idea on what is going please let me know. Thanks

Follow the money. All the ships currently sailing in the Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico, West coast, etc. will be repositioned to Alaska or Europe. That's where the summer cruise season is and where Princess can get more $/booking.

I do wonder, if the terrorist situation in Europe gets any worse and/or if European cruise sales are depressed this year, if Princess might keep a ship in the Caribbean in the summer of 2018. They keep adding large ships that have to be deployed somewhere.

They brought back a ship scheduled for the Med in 2002 or 2003 for the Caribbean. They had 2 ships doing the Med and 9/11 hit. One got brought back and everyone who was booked and still wanted to go was accommodated on the one ship that remained in the Med.

Edited by Coral

We have more ships than ever before going round the uk this year. Don't think it's depressed this year for sure. Also all the new big ones from other company's are heading to China and the growing Australian markets. Also there bringing in India and Dubia . They need to fill those big ships up to run at a profit and if there not getting people to sail in the Caribbean in summer because of the fear of hurricanes then they will get posted to Europe instead where it's our summer and they can fill them up at a much higher fare. The fares here are double what the USA is paying.

Edited by buchananglasgow

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with these cruise from ft Lauradale? I have checked several sites and even on princess web sites all dates till November are grated out. It's impossible for all rooms to be taken for all those months. If anyone has any idea on what is going please let me know. Thanks

The ships are not here.:confused::confused::confused:

I do wonder, if the terrorist situation in Europe gets any worse and/or if European cruise sales are depressed this year, if Princess might keep a ship in the Caribbean in the summer of 2018. They keep adding large ships that have to be deployed somewhere.

And that somewhere is Asia.

CCL Corp, owner of Princess, CCL, Holland America, etc.) has stated that most of there growth in capacity over the next several years will go to China which has the potential to be a bigger cruising market than the USA.

In addition, they said they are purposely limiting capacity growth in the Caribbean to have demand high than supply to allow for higher pricing and thus higher profits.

Now this is across all the CCL Corp brands, so although it applies generally to Princess we can't be sure where the new Princess ships will be deployed.

If Princess did offer cruises during the summer months they would probably lose out on a lot of potential business from Florida residents who would still choose to sail in the fall & winter time.

Why cruise to a warmer climate when we have the Caribbean weather right here at home? It doesn't offer much except lots of extra kids on summer vacation.

I would like Princess to offer a ship for the Caribbean in the summer. Just one or, if that proves to be too crowded, two. I understand the economics, but with the European situation and the cost to fly, it would be nice to have an option.

I know people who would book if the option were available.

Ohiodoglover

If Princess did offer cruises during the summer months they would probably lose out on a lot of potential business from Florida residents who would still choose to sail in the fall & winter time.

Why cruise to a warmer climate when we have the Caribbean weather right here at home? It doesn't offer much except lots of extra kids on summer vacation.

I would think there would be a strong market for families during the summer from other parts of the states, even if it is hot and tropical. People who chose to cruise do so because they prefer the atmosphere of a ship and all the extra choices for the kids over a land-base vacation stuck in a hotel pool and making diner reservations every day. Rates during school holidays are generally much higher. Having cruises available during the summer would be great for families. (Of course, I would never book one :D )

I would think there would be a strong market for families during the summer from other parts of the states, even if it is hot and tropical. People who chose to cruise do so because they prefer the atmosphere of a ship and all the extra choices for the kids over a land-base vacation stuck in a hotel pool and making diner reservations every day. Rates during school holidays are generally much higher. Having cruises available during the summer would be great for families. (Of course, I would never book one :D )

That about sums it up for me. We wait till school's back in session. ;)

I would like Princess to offer a ship for the Caribbean in the summer. Just one or, if that proves to be too crowded, two. I understand the economics, but with the European situation and the cost to fly, it would be nice to have an option.

I know people who would book if the option were available.

Princess has offered Caribbean cruises from FLL in the past.

They stopped doing so because either it was hard to fill the ships or it was just more profitable to have the ships in Europe or Alaska at that time of year.