Missing child??? Just off Freedom of Seas

I am just off FOS. Does anyone know anything about the missing child they were lookin for? Friday night from 4am to 5am they kept making an announcement for someone with the last name of Cooper to call guest services. The announcements started in the hallway speakers but then they began announcing into the staterooms. We thought it had to be a missing child for them to wake up 5000 passengers and the crew! We never could find out exactly what was going on. :eek:

There was someone missing on this week's cruise, too?

Weird, b/c on our cruise from 20th to 27th there was one. PAs starting around 3:30 (I was awake) then around 5.

There's no reason to think it was a child, though. (rumor had it on our cruise that it was either a man sleeping elsewhere or a teen boy sleeping in grandma's room and mom didn't know) If anyone was missing they would try to find them.

When I woke again in the morning and we were just cruising along and not going around in circles with the Coast Guard, I figured they had found him.

I figure they found your missing person, too.

It doesn't have to be a child. It could be anyone that someone had said was missing. It wouldn't be the first time that an adult was "missing" from their cabin. They're usually in a new "friends' cabin lol. If it was a child, they would do more than announce. They'd probably do a physical search of cabins. My guess is it was probably not a child.

And this is how rumors get started.

All we know is the cruise line was looking for someone with a surname of Cooper.

The title of this thread should read, "Cooper missing? Just off Freedom of the Seas"

I am just off FOS. Does anyone know anything about the missing child they were lookin for? Friday night from 4am to 5am they kept making an announcement for someone with the last name of Cooper to call guest services. The announcements started in the hallway speakers but then they began announcing into the staterooms. We thought it had to be a missing child for them to wake up 5000 passengers and the crew! We never could find out exactly what was going on. :eek:
before you post something so very vague with no facts.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

before you post something so very vague with no facts.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Err... OP was on the ship! Gave a first-hand report! I hardly think that is "very vague with no facts". Gee.

Anyway, it's none of our business at the end of the day. Hopefully all is well now.

I am just off FOS. Does anyone know anything about the missing child they were lookin for? Friday night from 4am to 5am they kept making an announcement for someone with the last name of Cooper to call guest services....We thought it had to be a missing child for them to wake up 5000 passengers and the crew! We never could find out exactly what was going on. :eek:

Were they just asking "Cooper" to call guest services or did they actually state that someone was missing?

Err... OP was on the ship! Gave a first-hand report! I hardly think that is "very vague with no facts". Gee.

Anyway, it's none of our business at the end of the day. Hopefully all is well now.

All the OP admitted s/he knows is they were paging for someone with the last name Cooper to contact Guest Services. That is very vague and very few facts.

Tough crowd. The OP said they were paging 'Cooper' multiple times between 4am and 5am. My keen detective sense tells me someone was missing Cooper, whether being a child or an adult, as opposed to Cooper over charging their onboard account. Just sayin'... ;)

I had family on board this sailing. She told me they were paging during the night for someone that was missing. That someone was found in a friend's cabin and was safe and sound. And, in reading the thread, I have no interest in personal information, but I DO care to know that everything is ok. We had a medical evac on our last cruise. I still think about the patient and wonder how he/she is doing. I don't think that's being nosy, just caring about another human.

From my review:

That night we were awakened multiple times by an in-cabin announcement looking for a passenger. It came at 3am, 4am, etc, about 3 times. Not good. We were very curious about what happened and the next morning the Captain made an announcement about it. Apparently some kid ran away from parents and was hiding out in a friend’s cabin. Captain was NOT happy; he gave us all a mini-lecture on how it is our job to control our kids, not the crew’s. I agree with him and hope that kid got in a lot of trouble.

On one cruise we were on, the staff captain came on a 4am, He asked for "John" to pick up and phone, and call customer service John was 16 and missing. He came on a second time pleading saying his mother was there crying.

A few minutes later he came quickly on saying John was found. We appreciated the update, especially when you are woken up from a deep sleep.