Coffee cards

Fletch1

I can't say, as I haven't looked at the Gelato's menu this cruise.

I went into Gelato's last night and asked the young man behind the counter. The punch card can still be used. Otherwise, the gelato is $3.50 for the 3 scoops and toppings or the other sundaes.

That's the same as on the Royal - 1 punch = 3 scoops :)

BUT on the Emerald was - 1 punch per scoop...and they were just avg size scoops.:(

I think that was due to an uninformed crewmember & not due to Princess policy. Most posts that I've read said card punches for ice cream are only for on the Royal & Regal. On the couple of other ships with gelato it's $1.50 for 3 scoops & is not as cost effective as on the new ships with Gelato's costing $3.50.

Using a card punch for a $1.50 gelato is bad enough but a card punch per scoop is ridiculous & probably is a crewmember who needs to be trained properly.

We were on the Emerald in late February and 1 punch=3 scoops:confused:

I believe you.
Edited by Astro Flyer

I think that was due to an uninformed crewmember & not due to Princess policy. Most posts that I've read said card punches for ice cream are only for on the Royal & Regal. On the couple of other ships with gelato it's $1.50 for 3 scoops & is not as cost effective as on the new ships with Gelato's costing $3.50.

Using a card punch for a $1.50 gelato is bad enough but a card punch per scoop is ridiculous & probably is a crewmember who needs to be trained properly.

When the guy told me the price per scoop I questioned him a few times about it & told him about the Royal. All he had to say was that it was different ship & they can set prices accordingly. Needless to say they weren't selling to much gelato on the Emerald.

I used a punch on the Regal for 3 scoops of Gelato.

In response to the rumor of doing away with cards I'd have to wonder who would trade in the mini bar, especially on a cruise shorter then 7 nights if you don't get 2 coffee cards that don't expire for the specialty drinks.

I believe Princess is merely flushing out the old cards to prevent the abuse of using them forever for the fresh brewed.

Princess could solve a lot of coffee card abuse issues if staff would simply follow the guidelines and always write the cruise info on the card. There are so many cards floating around without that info. Of course that would mean cards on auction sites would have to sell for less as they would only be useful for punches but Princess shouldn't mind that at all. :rolleyes:

Princess could solve a lot of coffee card abuse issues if staff would simply follow the guidelines and always write the cruise info on the card. There are so many cards floating around without that info. Of course that would mean cards on auction sites would have to sell for less as they would only be useful for punches but Princess shouldn't mind that at all. :rolleyes:

Where's the fun ( or profit) in that ;)

I’ve got 2 of the old brown coffee cards, one is used the other one is new. Can I trade in the new unused unsigned coffee card for a new card? Can I use the used card that still has 12 punches left on it for my Hot Chocolate?

We just returned from a 17 day cruise on the star a few days ago. Like you we had several unused cards (3) due to turning in our mini bar on shorter cruises. They did not have the cruise or date on them. We took one to the IC fully expecting to use punches for the brewed coffee for DH (I get specialty), however the woman in charge took the card and gave us one of the new ones. She first asked where/when we got it and we told her. The other barista looked shocked, but she told him it was ok because of our reason. I think we were lucky and this was not the norm, but hey we were good with it!

I’ve got 2 of the old brown coffee cards, one is used the other one is new. Can I trade in the new unused unsigned coffee card for a new card? Can I use the used card that still has 12 punches left on it for my Hot Chocolate?

One person posted they were able to exchange an unused card for a new card but based on the other barista's reaction that might not be the current procedure. Like other experiences onboard they can vary & are not always standardized.

Remaining coffee card punches are usable for any specialty drink & should be valid for your hot chocolate or also for a cup of brewed coffee.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Not totally about the coffee card - but - whether Princess has brewed decaf?

""She who must be obeyed" can not have caffeine.

Would a card be useful for her to indulge in brewed decaf? Would they make specialty decaf coffee drinks? What about decaf teas?

Thanks.

First time on Princess, have done NCL (years ago) and HAL.

Thanks

Not totally about the coffee card - but - whether Princess has brewed decaf?

""She who must be obeyed" can not have caffeine.

Would a card be useful for her to indulge in brewed decaf? Would they make specialty decaf coffee drinks? What about decaf teas?

Thanks.

First time on Princess, have done NCL (years ago) and HAL.

Thanks

Yes. I saw fresh-brewed decaf at IC when I got my coffees.