Coffee cards

Fletch1

Greetings all,

Can anybody please tell me the current price for Princess coffee cards?

And, is it cheaper to purchase on line pre cruise or on board after you embark?

Thanks in advance.

While there's no difference in the price, if you wait till you're on the ship, it benefits one of the crew members by purchasing it directly from one of them. They have a contest among the crew to see who can sell the most cards during a cruise which gives them a 1/2 day off work for the highest number sold.

You won't have any problem finding someone to purchase it from. ;)

This is a tricky answer.

In the U.S. Market the pre-purchase price is US$31 + 15% grat = US$35.65. That is roughly equivalent to AU$46.40

On the recent Royal Princess cruise coffee cards were being sold on board for US$29 + 15% grat = US$33.35, roughly equivalent to AU$43.41

So prices can vary a little depending on where, how, what ship, and what market.

Seriously? Ebay to save a few bucks, after I've spent thousands for a cruise? I must be missing something here, isn't the card around $30.00?

I think it's more just a way for Elite passengers to make a bit of 'free cash' after exchanging their minibar setup for bonus coffee cards.

Overall I agree, saving $10 is not really of benefit in the long run - plus the worry of actually receiving what you've paid for. Stick to buying on board!

Seriously? Ebay to save a few bucks, after I've spent thousands for a cruise? I must be missing something here, isn't the card around $30.00?

Why so surprised, and what does "I've spent thousands " have to do with a Coffee card for sale at a discount on ebay. It happen all the time. People sell used and new stuff on ebay. You might find a 10 punches left card for 10 dollars and get a discount, yeah.

Why so surprised, and what does "I've spent thousands " have to do with a Coffee card for sale at a discount on ebay. It happen all the time. People sell used and new stuff on ebay. You might find a 10 punches left card for 10 dollars and get a discount, yeah.

I think what she's suggesting is if she's managed to save up thousands of dollars to take herself on a cruise, she can find an extra $10 in her pocket to pay for the coffee card on the ship that she knows is legitimate.

Sorry Susan if I've in fact taken that out of context.

Edited by siany_la

I think it's more just a way for Elite passengers to make a bit of 'free cash' after exchanging their minibar setup for bonus coffee cards.

Overall I agree, saving $10 is not really of benefit in the long run - plus the worry of actually receiving what you've paid for. Stick to buying on board!

We've never purchased a coffee card onboard...always from eBay. I keep an eye on the auctions and have purchased my last two for $12 each. We were worried about the new cards, but were able to use an old one last week on the Grand with no problems (although they did write the ship/voyage date on the back).

We've never purchased a coffee card onboard...always from eBay. I keep an eye on the auctions and have purchased my last two for $12 each. We were worried about the new cards, but were able to use an old one last week on the Grand with no problems (although they did write the ship/voyage date on the back).

Most unfortunately aren't that cheap - that's a great saving for you!

Interesting, never would think to look on ebay for a Princess coffee card, but then you can find almost anything on ebay these days!

I have 3 punches left on one here, any takers ???? I paid full price on board. .........joking. Will use it on my next cruise :)

Interesting, didn't mean to start a major discussion! :D I look at things on Ebay all the time, find prices people are asking for some things positively amusing.

Siany la, you were spot on, that is exactly what I was saying. Saying most people don't want to give Princess $10, would rather keep it in their pocket??? Hmmm, interesting theory, one I don't get.

And the cards have changed. The old cards are honored for any punches still on them but not for unlimited brewed coffee even if voyage and ship name not written on it.You can get the brewed for a punch on those card.

So buying a card on Ebay , probably not the newer one that seemed to have started beginning of this year.

And if you are Elite, you can trade in your Mini bar for two coffee cards.

Edited by san diego sue

And the cards have changed. The old cards are honored for any punches still on them but not for unlimited brewed coffee even if voyage and ship name not written on it.You can get the brewed for a punch on those card.

So buying a card on Ebay , probably not the newer one that seemed to have started beginning of this year.

There are some of the newest cards on eBay but mostly the older version. Those older ones, even without a voyage and ship name will not be good for unlimited fresh brewed coffee on ships selling the new cards.

Last year too on the Pacific Princess.I think the Star was in transition as I got some of both (I always trade in my setup) I would sell with actual photographs of the card being sold and as is, caveat emptor. The worst that happens, of course, is they punch your card for a brewed coffee.

Greetings all,

Can anybody please tell me the current price for Princess coffee cards?

And, is it cheaper to purchase on line pre cruise or on board after you embark?

Thanks in advance.

They are $35 pre cruise and $29 + 15% on the ship. It's $2-$3 less to buy it on the ship. Either way it's well worth it!

Maybe that's the reason for the new cards...do you know if an unused card (15 punches & no ship name/cruise #) could be exchanged for one of the new coffee cards?

We've exchanged our elite minibar for 2 coffee cards on short cruises and could never use both of them in only a couple of days. I know that a card previously used on a cruise can only get brewed coffee by using a punch on another cruise. I've never done it but have read posts saying an unused card could be used for brewed coffee without using a punch on another cruise. However with the new cards you're saying that won't be possible to do with an unused old style coffee card, correct?

If so, that will be a factor we'll consider when deciding our best exchange option for our elite minibar.

IMG_1444.JPG.b3cfe9722ad8789744e142bdbfcaccf3.JPG

Maybe that's the reason for the new cards...do you know if an unused card (15 punches & no ship name/cruise #) could be exchanged for one of the new coffee cards?

We've exchanged our elite minibar for 2 coffee cards on short cruises and could never use both of them in only a couple of days. I know that a card previously used on a cruise can only get brewed coffee by using a punch on another cruise. I've never done it but have read posts saying an unused card could be used for brewed coffee without using a punch on another cruise. However with the new cards you're saying that won't be possible to do with an unused old style coffee card, correct?

If so, that will be a factor we'll consider when deciding our best exchange option for our elite minibar.

Yep that's what it sounds like Frank. I think Princess is cleaning house and getting the old cards used up. Even though we have a number of older cards I think on our trip this month I will purchase a new card as my other half just likes the brewed coffee and I like specialty coffee and the cruise will be three weeks so I think it's worth it. We will keep the mini bar setup just for the sodas.