Dress code advice please

fantasy51

Once again, thank you.

Yes, Mikeysed, that is very close to what he would wear, except that the trousers would match the jacket.

The alternative could be an outfit that consists of matching trousers and shirt that is open at the neck (and the dress code does not say how far a shirt has to be buttoned up!). That would suit the dress code and look smart, and he has several outfits like that. However, he likes suits so I will encourage him to also try the suit and t-shirt option and hope he is not turned away at the door.

At least he can wear what he likes around the ship once dinner is over.

Last year on Cunard our big problem was that he had to throw a (non-matching) jacket over anything he wore on casual nights. I thought we'd have less trouble on Celebrity but it still comes down to interpretation, doesn't it?

He would be absolutely fine. Don't give it a second thought.

Actually on the Silhouette last week they described Evening Chic (not Elegant Chic as noted above) as less formal than "formal night". They even referenced it was okay to wear nice jeans.

Honestly, people on this thread are getting way too worked up about the dress code. They are not that picky. Just don't wear shorts or tank tops and you'll be fine. This is a relaxing cruise, don't get all stressed out about something as silly as clothing. Just enjoy yourselves!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ok..thanks for the correction but it did start with an "E" right? LOL I agree. Enjoy whatever cruise you go on and don't get worked up about it. RELAX!

While I like the look of a t-shirt under a jacket. I think the look meets the Chic night idea. It does say no t-shirts. If you take off the jacket at dinner it is just a t-shirt. Why not add 2 polo's and leave the jacket at home. Or have a backup plan if they say no go.
When we cruised on the Summit last spring, we brought all the formal stuff and discovered that the majority ditched their formal wear after dinner. Too hot in the night club and outdoors for suits. The sticking point for my husband was his preference for limited edition Tommy Bahama shirts, loafers and linen Bermudas. He looked a lot more pulled together than many men in long pants, but we were told that he'd have to change to eat in the MDR. So we ate in the specialty restaurants almost every night and had a great time. We're doing a 15-day Panama Canal cruise this year and plan to ditch the formal stuff altogether so we can just bring carryon and no suitcases. I'm a great packer but even I can't manage if we have to add shoes and a suit.

Hello, it is our first cruise with celebrity (before 1 cruise with NCL). This is an interesting thread because I also have lots of questions about the dress code.

Is it ok when my husband wears a shirt without coat/blazer with pants or jeans in the specialty restaurants and on "normal" evenings in the MDR ?

Is a shirt with long sleeves required or can he also wears shirts with short sleeves ?

I've trawled through 4 pages of threads and can't find one on dress code, so it must be time to start another.

My friend and I were reading through the dress code last night. His choice of clothes does not fit the wording, but I'm sure it fits the intent. He enjoys wearing a suit but with a nice t-shirt underneath. Is this acceptable? I know the shirt itself is meant to have a collar, but is it acceptable if he wears a suit jacket with a collar and a shirt without one?

Try typing "celebrity cruise dress code" into Google. Then click on the very first hit. It would have saved you a lot of scrolling time.

DON

Hello, it is our first cruise with celebrity (before 1 cruise with NCL). This is an interesting thread because I also have lots of questions about the dress code.

Is it ok when my husband wears a shirt without coat/blazer with pants or jeans in the specialty restaurants and on "normal" evenings in the MDR ?

Is a shirt with long sleeves required or can he also wears shirts with short sleeves ?

Coats and blazers aren't required on normal nights in any restaurant, including the MDR. Actually, they aren't required on 'evening chic' nights either.

Short sleeved, collared shirts, such as polo shirts, are fine.

Oh by all means a man should button his shirt up at dinner, at least past the chest. Save that unbuttoned to the mid torso nonsense for the disco.

This has nothing to do with the dress code, just good taste and common sense.

It might be that some clothes have shrunk in the closet since the last cruise, and they only wear them for cruises, and they cannot button them up LOL. Also could be the case that at the half way point of a long cruise.

Edited by north29

It's under the sticky section at the top, there were s many they put the dress code at the top

That was the first place I looked. Unfortunately they closed that dress code sticky when the new 'chic' rules came in. There was a promise that they would start another, but it has not become a sticky yet. This means that some advice there is out of date.