West coast getaways back to back to back

Makin'n'Bacon

We were on the Crown in February and heard there were a few people doing at least a back to back cruise and maybe some doing 3 consecutive cruises from LA to get credit for 2 or 3 cruises in the captains circle program. They were short 3-5 day cruises I believe (We were on a 4 day cruise).

My wife and I were thinking of doing this in 2017 but when I look at the website there seem to be holes in the schedules of the Ruby that is sailing the west coast/Mexico cruises in 2017. I was wondering if they fill these gaps closer to the sail away date. Thanks!

I just did a search on one of the big online agencies by ship name. At least for the first 6 months of the year, all time slots except one are accounted for. Most of the early months are Mexico, but there are 4 time periods where the Ruby does the Pacific Northwest: Jan. 17-21, Mar. 18-25, Apr. 1-8, and Apr. 29-May 4. Everything from May 6 forward is Alaska. The only slot missing is May 4-6, which I suspect is a repositioning to Alaska and could be a charter. If you're only looking at Mexico cruises, that's why you are seeing more gaps. It seems for a B2B, including a PNW and a Mexico would be ideal.

Edited by Kartgv

We were on the Crown in February and heard there were a few people doing at least a back to back cruise and maybe some doing 3 consecutive cruises from LA to get credit for 2 or 3 cruises in the captains circle program. They were short 3-5 day cruises I believe (We were on a 4 day cruise).

My wife and I were thinking of doing this in 2017 but when I look at the website there seem to be holes in the schedules of the Ruby that is sailing the west coast/Mexico cruises in 2017. I was wondering if they fill these gaps closer to the sail away date. Thanks!

No holes in the Ruby's 2017 schedule:

Jan 7th - 10 day sea of Cortez (a nice cruise we have been on it)

Jan 17th - 4 day get-a way

Jan 21th to Mar 11 - weekly 7 day cruises to Mexico

Looks like there's a 5 day Baja Peninsula out of LA on April 15, 2017, then a b2b 4 day Calif. Coastal, and then another b2b 5 day Baja Peninsula on April 24. That would give you three cruises in 14 days. If you book a suite, you get credit for 6 cruises.

Looks like there's a 5 day Baja Peninsula out of LA on April 15, 2017, then a b2b 4 day Calif. Coastal, and then another b2b 5 day Baja Peninsula on April 24. That would give you three cruises in 14 days. If you book a suite, you get credit for 6 cruises.

Thank you! I must have missed it. I was looking earlier in the year.

Did something very similiar on the Golden two years ago. We had a window suite and got the six cruise credits each. Window suites are very nice but no balcony. You do receive all of the suite benefits at a lower cost. You may want to think about it. Not sure what ship you are looking at.

Good luck.

Did something very similiar on the Golden two years ago. We had a window suite and got the six cruise credits each. Window suites are very nice but no balcony. You do receive all of the suite benefits at a lower cost. You may want to think about it. Not sure what ship you are looking at.

Good luck.

None of the ships available then have window suites... the Golden is in Australia! The only ship who does have window suites is the Grand, out of San Francisco.

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

We did b2b Caribbean cruises that helped us get to the next level sooner. But we did it because the dates and prices were better than taking one longer cruise. We did other b2b cruises since then for the same reason.

That's an added perk getting credit for 6 cruises if we book a suite I didn't know about that. Thanks!

A good option would be to look for a 1-day Seattle to Vancouver. Spend one day/night in Vancouver. Take another ship the following day for a 3-day to Los Angeles and then continue on for a 4-day(West Coast Getaway) sailing.

3 separate cruises/credits in 8 days(+ one day/night on land in Vancouver).

This is actually possible this coming September sailing on the Crown(Sep. 17th) and the Ruby(Sep. 19th and 22nd)

Shoots, one could stay on for the Ruby(Sep. 26th - 4 day sailing) and make it 4 total credits...Suite the 1-day and 3-day and make it 6:D

Not sure if this is possible in '17 though...

A good option would be to look for a 1-day Seattle to Vancouver. Spend one day/night in Vancouver. Take another ship the following day for a 3-day to Los Angeles and then continue on for a 4-day(West Coast Getaway) sailing.

This is actually possible this coming September sailing on the Crown(Sep. 17th) and the Ruby(Sep. 19th and 22nd)

Shoots, one could stay on for the Ruby(Sep. 26th - 4 day sailing) and make it 4 total credits...Suite the 1-day and 3-day and make it 6:D

Yes, you get 2 cruise credits anytime you are booked in a suite.

Hold on...

Let me go grab some popcorn.gif before the 'Elite' posters get in on this thread and start grumbling about 'gaming the system to reach Elite', how they did it the hard way, and how diluted the Elite ranks have become...

Hold on...

Let me go grab some popcorn.gif before the 'Elite' posters get in on this thread and start grumbling about 'gaming the system to reach Elite', how they did it the hard way, and how diluted the Elite ranks have become...

LOL :eek:

Most of the early months are Mexico, but there are 4 time periods where the Ruby does the Pacific Northwest: Jan. 17-21, Mar. 18-25, Apr. 1-8, and Apr. 29-May 4.
I'm not seeing that. The only Pacific Northwest sailing I see on the dates you posted is the April 29 one. It goes to San Francisco, Astoria and Victoria, ending in Vancouver. January 17th is a 4 day to Santa Barbara and Ensenada. And March 18 and April 1 are California Coastals. January and March are a bit early for Pacific Northwest cruises.

A previous reply found what we were looking for on the Ruby from the west coast California to Mexico in April 2017 that would be 3 cruises. We might do 1or possibly 2 in a suite and maybe do something similar in 2018 to get us to Elite before we start on the Asia and Australia cruises.

Edited by Makin'n'Bacon