!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

Must ask a solarium question since you are the expert. .. can you get 'sun'? not that I want to get too much. But I'm one to put on 30, go do yard work and have a great bronze tan. My Irish DH hates my native American butt. However I want to come back from the cruise looking like I've been on one. Thanks!!

The only thing covering the solarium is the glass roof, and I think it is mostly there to protect against the wind. I was pretty dark when I got home, I am sure you can find a spot, that you will be able to say you were on a cruise!

By the way lets just say that I told a little white lie, and when I got to work everyone was asking me why I was tan.

Ooppppps, oh well, life short, white lies don't hurt :D

Thanks again for this review. It's truly helping me get through these long afternoons at work when all I can think about is the Oasis. 32 more days for me before I board Ms. O. And thanks for the FABULOUS photos. They bring your review to life!!

Thanks again for this review. It's truly helping me get through these long afternoons at work when all I can think about is the Oasis. 32 more days for me before I board Ms. O. And thanks for the FABULOUS photos. They bring your review to life!!

So happy that I can steal you away from work, and introduce you into your upcoming amazing vacation. Thank you for your continued support =)., it is much appreciated

Thank you so much for this review. We were on the same cruise and I must say I didn't recognize it as the same trip. I guess because of my husbands health issues and a couple of things that happened before we even got on the ship, I let myself get upset over small things. We had been on the Oasis second sailing and thoroughly enjoyed it and I guess this was a disappointment. But after reading your review and seeing all your pictures I now realize it was my attitude at the time and no reflection on Royal Caribbean. I swore to my TA that I would never sail RC again, but now I'll have to eat my words and reconsider.

Thanks again for my attitude change.

Lynn

Thank you so much for this review. We were on the same cruise and I must say I didn't recognize it as the same trip. I guess because of my husbands health issues and a couple of things that happened before we even got on the ship, I let myself get upset over small things. We had been on the Oasis second sailing and thoroughly enjoyed it and I guess this was a disappointment. But after reading your review and seeing all your pictures I now realize it was my attitude at the time and no reflection on Royal Caribbean. I swore to my TA that I would never sail RC again, but now I'll have to eat my words and reconsider.

Thanks again for my attitude change.

Lynn

I have to say that your comment is one of the most impacting ones of all my reviews. I am. Extremely happy that you saw that it was a personal issues and not RCCL. It shows extreme character of you.

We all have life in the way of many of our vacations, but then again they are what we make of them.

Thank you so much for your comment, you have no idea how much it means to us at this moment. Our family is indeed going to a very hard time.

Please give RCCL another chance.

I hope your hubby health issues will be resolved.

Love, Gambee

Edited by gambee

Thank you for the comment Cindy, did you go to the meet and greet? I tend to shy away from them. My personality is not the best with big groups. I am happy that you're re-living the cruise through my review :)

Thank you so much for posting, I maintain my energy through everyones comments.

Even though the meet-n-greet puts you in shy mode, you were such a pleasure to talk with and so personable when we did the Breeze sailing. Then you even attended more than one of our events on that cruise which also a nice surprise. Your personality was just was the best so you hush!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We got back to the room, and I went to the balcony to take a picture. It was then that I noticed that my sensor was dirty once again. See the black spot in the middle?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-178_zpse1b6yle9.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-179_zpswmpsz3wd.jpg

And like magic, I was ready for more pics.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-180_zps2wfjs8z7.jpg

We loved that room!!!!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-183_zpsdn2alrbp.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-184_zpso9qrieoa.jpg

You can see there how we left from St Thomas, it was due to that medical emergency that happened at night.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-186_zpsdljc6u85.jpg

We relaxed and eventually got ready for dinner.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-193_zpsoanj2yyg.jpg

I told mom that we should get there early to avoid waiting. I think we ate around 6pm that day and let me tell you something, it was a good idea. I am not really sure how effective it is to get my time dining now a days. If you plan on going past 6:45 without reservations, good luck to you. What is the point of my time dining if they are going to make us get reservations? Just makes no sense to me, but I am sure many disagree. What do I know.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-200_zpsfqpau6vr.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-201_zpskjxsk2ki.jpg

Even with no one in line, they told us to wait. So I went to the bar and ordered a martini. Let me tell you something, this the most expensive martini I’ve ever had, and the one with the least amount of booze.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-202_zpschbci2hh.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-203_zpsadhbvn59.jpg

He basically put 1.5 oz of grey goose and 1.5 vermouth, then diluted the crap out of it by shaking it for nearly an hour. Ok, I am exaggerating, but the amounts are real! That is not how you make a $15 martini!!!!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-204_zpsn0xlt1qf.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-205_zpsxqdzvbzw.jpg

Then right after I pay he tells me, “Would you be interested in buying the 10 drink package? You could have this same martini for under $10” First of all I don’t want this same martini ever! Second of all, WHAT THE HELL!!!! You tell me know after I dished out $18 for this crap?!!!!!! And tipped him extra by the way, don’t ask me why, I guess I am stupid….

Keep in mind that it is $79 plus the 18% gratuity which is $14.22. It come to a total of $93.22, making each drink at $9.33 including the tip. Not a bad deal at all.

I was quite frustrated, but I told him no thank you and moved on.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-206_zpsbnoxkfzy.jpg

Right after I took a sip of my impeccable made martini, our name was called and we were guided to our table. This time around, we waited around 10 minutes or so.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-207_zpsnznfefkc.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-208_zpsv1is0qbt.jpg

I did not get pics of the menu, but you can go back to day 2 and check the menu out. It was formal night.

Our server that night was Rey Reyes and he was fabulous. He performed magic tricks for all his tables, but you could clearly see that he was overwhelmed because of two large groups. It is simply too many people to take care of.

Mom ordered a salad. Of course she ended up eating half of mine after she tasted them. Who orders a salad as an appetizer? I will never understand her. That is exactly the reason why ordered 2 appetizers, because I knew she would end up stealing my stuff :rolleyes:

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-211_zpsr7j0w2b2.jpg

I got the mushroom puff pastry. It was excellent.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-210_zpsxokpjyzc.jpg

And the king crab appetizer. I am aware that it does not look appetizing, but looks can be deceiving. It was actually quite tasty, although the texture was questionable.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-209_zpssdhwozkf.jpg

At one point they opened the shades, and I am sure someone complained, because they closed them right back.

Maybe it was the guy in blue, Muahahahaha , just look at him :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-213_zps8fylvrqs.jpg

Opppps, I guess he noticed me snapping a pic.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-214_zpsjmg9lzqk.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-215_zpsi2bbqqtp.jpg

And back down they go....

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-216_zps0xxluf9z.jpg

Of course we both ordered the lobster, which is actually the only reason we were there. I think it is called the fishermans plate? Something along those lines. When we ordered he insisted that we both got two lobsters instead of one, who was I to argue with that :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-218_zpswegtz1me.jpg

His assistant came around and removed the shells of the lobsters for us, and gave us butter. The lobster was very good! I was quite surprised about it. There have been more than a few times in which the “free” lobster has been quite questionable.

I ended up eating both of mine and half of moms’. Yum, Yum! Even the rice was tasty, and tasted even better with the butter. The broccoli you ask? What’s broccoli? I think my organism rejects anything green :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-219_zpsxhibrim8.jpg

And the mega miss of the night! The creme brulee! Oh my, it looked like well, um, how do I put this, you figure it out… I just don’t want to be gross, but you can pretty much decipher what I am thinking about. The main reason I say that is because it wiggled around like… well…. And how did it taste? Like banana puree… You know what? It could actually resemble a kind of even softer baby food. It also only had a tiny bit of crispy caramel in the middle, like about 25% of it. This dessert was HORRIBLE!!! GROSS!

Mom was very disappointed. And I was cracking up, mainly because she waited the entire cruise for it. I know, I know, Karma. But hey, I think I have redeemed myself as far as mom's Karma goes.:D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-221_zpssou36mww.jpg

I got the baked alaska, which was not bad at all. And unlike the Allure one, this one was not as sweet.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-222_zpstku9zxj9.jpg

Like I said, the service was excellent! We finished eating and we left.

And good luck to you if you're planning on going there without reservations after 6:30pm.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-223_zpsadufcrrq.jpg

Not that it is much better with reservations.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-224_zpsabewsm4g.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-225_zpsfnkvdykl.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-226_zpsovkvqean.jpg

After that we went to the Boardwalk for a little while. Ironically, we stayed so close to that area for so long, yet we failed to go there.

Mom having a blast! Ain't she the cutest?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-227_zpslxeupxqp.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-230_zpsvi1gwbs9.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-231_zpszvggevo3.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-232_zpshiqzwrrk.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-233_zpsongrdzbs.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-240_zps6qzrqqnj.jpg

We decided to go to the room for a little while before our “Come Fly Me” show would start.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-241_zps6iypebth.jpg

I took some pics on the way there. As if I never went more than 5 minutes without taking pics.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-242_zps8dniqhfm.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-243_zpsyyp2g85s.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-244_zpsaknu3cll.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-245_zpsw9waxppa.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-246_zpsqfzwbqok.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-247_zpsh1azx6ss.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-248_zpsncwpsfhb.jpg

We got to the room and we saw a swan? And our 10 Compasses, LoL. You have to love your room stewardess, I have never had a bad experience with them. Such hard working people. I do have to say, Ika was possibly my favorite ever!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-249_zpsoqbrmdxw.jpg

I relaxed for a little while.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%208-253_zpshwm9y8wc.jpg