Pools on Crown Princess to Alaska

tawill

Alaska and pools don't mix.

Not always true. :)

On our 2013 Alaska cruise, in Juneau it was 83 degrees and once back on board, everyone was on deck and in the pools.

Our other trips, we had warm weather at various times as well.

Swim suits are small and easy to pack. Would you rather take them and not use them or leave them at home and wish you had them?

We always take our swimsuits. On our cruise to Alaska in August, people were swimming but mostly in hot tubs. Good times!:D

We always take our swimsuits. On our cruise to Alaska in August, people were swimming but mostly in hot tubs. Good times!:D

I always take one but have yet to actually use the pools. My wife always uses them a bit but my "pool time" generally consists of sitting in a lounger one deck above the pool and reading. :)

82F on deck in Glacier Bay with high insolation (not a typo) meaning a lot of radiant heat. Our Skagway day had a record-breaking 97F at the official station and we were well over that out towards Whitehorse.

My biggest problem with the pools has been that they were overheated and not a pleasant contrast to the jacuzzi temps.

We will be taking our first Alaskan cruise the end of June. Are the pools covered due to cooler weather? Just trying to determine if we need to bring swim suits.

Last time in Alaska I don't remember if we got in the pool... however we loved coming back to the ship slipping on our suits and running for the hot tubs. One of my favorite memories was sitting with a drink in hand in the aft hot tub in port at sail away... snow covered mountains around us, Bald Eagles soaring in the sky and watching the Sea Planes land next to us. It became an afternoon tradition.

Alaska and pools don't mix.

I usually swim in Alaska. I do try to book ships with covered pools. The only time I get to swim is on vacations.

I also see people in uncovered pools swimming when it is warm.

Edited by Coral