Cancel my booking 2 wks after deposited

hungan

Hi all, is it possible to get my full refund of my deposit after 2 wks. My TA did said that I won't loose my deposit until May 03 but I also saw on my invoice said $100 charge pp if any changes or cancellations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi all, is it possible to get my full refund of my deposit after 2 wks. My TA did said that I won't loose my deposit until May 03 but I also saw on my invoice said $100 charge pp if any changes or cancellations.

Since you booked with a travel agent, you need to get your cancellation details from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You will get your refund. But some travel agents charge $100 per person for cancellations. That might be what yours does.

Most likely a TA fee for canceling .

You will get your deposit back from the cruise line .

Not all TA's charge their own fee's like yours does .

There are many agencies that either don't charge a cancelation fee or waive the fee if you rebook something else .

Just got off the phone with my TA earlier. The best she could do for me is to wave 50% of the $100 pp[emoji45]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Next time find a different TA, that is a TA charge, not a cruise line charge.

Yes some travel agents do charge a few when you cancel or change a reservation. Reading what you mentioned about being charged $100 per person, obviously the agency you booked through does do this. So if you cancel before May 3, you will get all but $200 (2 people) of your deposit back.

In the future, ask the TA if they charge a fee for cancelling or changing a reservation before you make the deposit.

It also depends on where you live. People in the UK are under other rules with regards to cruise deposits---they get no refunds of any kind if they cancel.

If you're in the US, you get your deposit refunded right up until final payment date. So, you said you booked two weeks ago, but when is your cruise? That makes a difference. But if your cruise is more than a few months away, the cruise line will give a full refund of your deposit, unless you booked under some kind of special program. But it sounds to me like you're getting taken by your travel agent, who will keep that $50 for herself. Always check the TA's rules for canceling a cruise because some will attach fees for canceling, regardless of how early you cancel. I would always avoid a travel agent like that.

Deposits can vary by cruise line and booking type. Also like was said varies by where you personally are located (EU rules differ from US rules and I would think Asia/Australia rules are probably different also but they don't get brought up much around here!)

The only one I know for 100% sure you loose your deposit with with Carnival and Early Saver, but even then its not the whole deposit, it's $50pp and the rest you don't get back in hand, but can use to pay off the cost of another cruise (not the deposit for that one though).

I agree than the $100pp sounds like a fee your TA is charging and should have told you about, especially since it seems like you asked about when you could cancel by if you chose to.

While I don't necessarily like the idea that TA's will charge if you change a reservation, I do understand it especially if you cancel. Since TA's are paid mostly with commission and they already give up a good portion of that for your perks to book with them, any cancellation means they basically worked for you for free. No one wants to do work for free! $100 does seem.. excessive though!