New pictures of MAJESTIC PRINCESS

dmwnc1959

Awesome,whats even better is that majestic will be based out of Australia,late2017,sailing Asia,Australia and New Zealand, South Pacific,based in Feemantle and Sydney and Auckland.:)

That's great news for you. It seems to me that the "older" ships often do that part of the world and Australia (not talking here about just Princess but in general), and so I'm really pleased that you'll be getting a brand new ship over there. I may even be tempted myself!

Happy cruising.:)

That's great news for you. It seems to me that the "older" ships often do that part of the world and Australia (not talking here about just Princess but in general), and so I'm really pleased that you'll be getting a brand new ship over there. I may even be tempted myself!

Happy cruising.:)

Funny thing is homeless bear,is that we are now itching to do the usa,south america and europe stuff,i actually dont think we will get it,but we have got the golden.That is rubber stamped

Awesome,whats even better is that majestic will be based out of Australia,late2017,sailing Asia,Australia and New Zealand, South Pacific,based in Feemantle and Sydney and Auckland.:)

Is that true? I thought she was being based in true Asia, ie ex Shanghai or similar? Be good though If l she comes down to OZ for at least a few cruises like Royal's Ovation of the Seas- sure she would have full sailings if she does!

This is rather disturbing for anyone booked or looking to book Majestic Princess for the Med in 2017 - read this, posted today in an Italian cruise forum:

"Initially programd the summer season 2017 in the Mediterranean, now the Majestic Princess will remain here only in the month of April and May. From May onwards will be transferred in China, the market for which it was designed.

It is not yet certain that the transfer will take place with or without passengers: more particularly, if the second case, it is not said that the journey to be reservable for us in the west (and which therefore is already reserved for the clientele mandarina)."

Any word from Princess Cruises about Majestic Princess going straight from the shipyard to China?

:eek:

Edited by dmwnc1959

Thanks for posting the photos Dave. I was wondering how she was coming along. The Retreat pool appears to have more covered areas for shade based on that last photo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that true? I thought she was being based in true Asia, ie ex Shanghai or similar? Be good though If l she comes down to OZ for at least a few cruises like Royal's Ovation of the Seas- sure she would have full sailings if she does!

Here is the information that I copied from the Princess website on the Majestic:

"First vessel tailored specifically for Chinese guests

Setting sail in spring 2017, Majestic Princess is the newest addition to the fleet and is a sister to Royal and Regal Princesses.The new ship will be based in China year-round and become the first vessel tailored specifically for Chinese guests incorporating a unique blend of international and Chinese features. She will be home-ported in Shanghai, carrying 3,560 guests for cruises to Japan and Korea, and will offer many of the special features that have made Royal Princess and Regal Princess so popular and distinctive.

These include a dramatic multi-story atrium serving as the social hub of the ship; the unique over-the-ocean SeaWalk - a glass-floor walkway extending 8 meters (28 feet) beyond the edge of the ship; special Chef’s Table Lumiere - a private dining experience that surrounds guests in a curtain of light, as well as new venues and features developed for Chinese travelers."

Thanks Dave for sharing and for the yes or no question about the paint at the bow. For me it's yes but would of like it even better if they would of close both side together as of now it looks like a men suite and shirt with a gold button in the middle :-)

Sea ya

Eric

Here is the information that I copied from the Princess website on the Majestic:

"First vessel tailored specifically for Chinese guests

Setting sail in spring 2017, Majestic Princess is the newest addition to the fleet and is a sister to Royal and Regal Princesses.The new ship will be based in China year-round and become the first vessel tailored specifically for Chinese guests incorporating a unique blend of international and Chinese features. She will be home-ported in Shanghai, carrying 3,560 guests for cruises to Japan and Korea, and will offer many of the special features that have made Royal Princess and Regal Princess so popular "

Thanks, yes this is what I'd read to so was surprised at the reference to the Australia cruises. Not that it can't happen, just not sure where that info came from. [emoji2]

Hi All

Not a fan of the paint job, all cruise lines seem to be following,

Hi Swissdave , do not know about Dave itching for a cruise,

but would love to have one booked, but might have to wait until Virgin comes

out, as Princess product not doing it any more for the price they are asking.

yours Shogun

I don't especially like it, but I don't hate it either. It will take some getting used to. It could be worse (like NCL.) :)

Or the Aida lips. :rolleyes:

I prefer clean, unadorned and classically classy. But I can tolerate it better than the Love Boat horns. The livery I don't have to see while I'm on the ship; that horn is hard to hide from.

I think Dave is getting itchy to cruise again [emoji3]

Hope you are well.

No, not quite yet;), just stumbled across those pictures and thought I'd post them.

Surprised no one has responded to Post #37.

:cool:

Hi All

Not a fan of the paint job, all cruise lines seem to be following,

Hi Swissdave , do not know about Dave itching for a cruise,

but would love to have one booked, but might have to wait until Virgin comes

out, as Princess product not doing it any more for the price they are asking.

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun

Am on Emerald on 26th this month then again in August, both with groups of friends. Will make my decision about changing after those 2, but price I paid was not bad, and I like Emerald.