Guest Services Concierge - did I 'miss the boat'?

Elusive_Cruiser

We always book a Concierge cabin (for the location, not the perks! :)). There is usually a couple voice messages left on our phone in the first couple of days from the Concierge, but I've not really paid attention. I noticed on our last cruise that there is a Concierge desk at Guest Services. Is this the same? When I go to Guest Services, should I be lining up to see this Concierge (short/no lineup) and if so, for all my GS needs?

Pardon my ignorance - I've googled and tried to search here but haven't found the answer.

Thanks for your response.

So, what is their function?

Essentially, the Concierge's function, as is for most hotels who has this position, is to facilitate resolution of challenges on-board within your cabin or on-board services, co-ordinating off shore requests where they can, handle off shore challenges with X supported/sponsored tours, and handle complaints amongst other things which X determines is appropriate for that position. They are to help ALL guests aboard.

Not sure what it is you were looking for them to do, besides having a short line for speed of your issues/challenges. If you were able to access Michael's Club, they may have been able to assist? I Am sure those who know better about that will chime in as to if this was in fact an option for your needs.

I hope you enjoyed your cruise...

Edited by Bo1953
Grammer and punctuation

To be honest ,it's one of the fluff perks you get in a Concerge cabin, they advertise it but don't tell you that he/she is available to everyone on the ship. Sort of like priority boarding, which is nothing more than a separate line at check in, regular lines very often are shorter.

One service I hope you never have to use: if you have to unexpectedly make your way home in an emergency, the concierge makes arrangements to get you packed, cleared by immigration wherever you are, and off to the airport. They can work with the airlines to alter your flight arrangements, too. A friend had to be taken off the ship for a medical emergency and the Concierge coordinated the entire thing for her.

To be honest ,it's one of the fluff perks you get in a Concerge cabin, they advertise it but don't tell you that he/she is available to everyone on the ship. Sort of like priority boarding, which is nothing more than a separate line at check in, regular lines very often are shorter.

Hey dkj, can you direct me to where X states or insinuates that the Concierge is exclusive to Concierge Cabin levels? I Am not able to find it on their website under 'Stateroom' descriptions or FAQ's. Where is it I Am not looking that I need be for clarification?

Yes, it is stated that at that level of cabin there will be 'Personalized Concierge Services' but not exclusive.

TIA - bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

We used the concierge desk for planning our day on the island of Rhodes. We wanted to take the local bus from port area to other end of island. The concierge gave us a great city map and highlighed the route to find the local bus. She also told us the time schedule . She was a weath of information for this day trip.

Edited by Azulann

My impression has always been that travel agents say this, but in their defense it would be nearly impossible for any TA to know all the ins and outs of every ship and every feature they offer. Still, I met a couple once whose agent told them that they needed to book Concierge Class so the concierge could arrange babysitting for them when that isn't limited yo that blast of stateroom at all.

Every person at Guest Relations is a Concierge. They all really sincerely try to accommodate all the passengers. Knowing all the ins and outs of every ship? Seriously? Since the rules are different from line to line and ship to ship and the policies are applied differently on every ship - impossible.

The key to any problem is to remember the crew are people just like you and I. An issue presented positively is more likely to be dealt with in a manner that makes you happy. And my and DW major gripe - the cabin stewards work extremely hard yet have seen them treated as second class or worse over and over. If they have a major problem with another cabin simply saying to forget making up your cabin AGAIN and just hand you some fresh towels is appreciated.

Hey dkj, can you direct me to where X states or insinuates that the Concierge is exclusive to Concierge Cabin levels? I Am not able to find it on their website under 'Stateroom' descriptions or FAQ's. Where is it I Am not looking that I need be for clarification?

Yes, it is stated that at that level of cabin there will be 'Personalized Concierge Services' but not exclusive.

TIA - bon voyage

They don't, that's the whole point, people constantly come on this board thinking it's some big perk that they get when it's actually for the whole ship.