Far away question...hopefully you can help!

NovCruisin

I am looking to book a Galapagos cruise for 2020 for our wedding anniversary; I know they book up fast for inside rooms so I'd like to be first to the table sort to speak.

When (based on history) do they release Galapagos cruises for the upcoming season. I see they can be booked through 2018 now - is it normally 2 years in advance. So do I need to wait until 2018 and then look? If so, what month should I begin looking for them to release.

Any help would be great!

Also, as a side question - I wanted to do either a 10 or 11 night cruise package with transportation. Do they still offer that? I only see 7 nights available on celebrity's website.

Thanks everyone!!!

They do not have any inside rooms on Xpedition. Ocean View and Suites only. They do have the packages (strongly recommend the 10 day - makes planning a lot easier and reasonably priced); you have to select "Cruise Packages" on Celebrity's web site for them to appear. Galapagos is an awesome experience, strongly recommend!

Edited by Gonzo70

If you type "Celebrity Xpedition Deck Plans" into Google and then click on the 2nd hit which is actually a CC site, you will see deck plans for the ship. Really easy to do.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

They recently changed the website so only 7 day ones appear instead of the 10 day option. It says in very small writing that your travel agent can call and have the 3 day extension added on. I wish they'd publish the entire price though instead of just the cruise price. The old way seemed to work just fine.

You're smart to book early. These cruises sell out fast. Have no idea when the new dates will be out but you can call and ask the reps. Most likely, they'll have no idea either. :cool:

They recently changed the website so only 7 day ones appear instead of the 10 day option. It says in very small writing that your travel agent can call and have the 3 day extension added on. I wish they'd publish the entire price though instead of just the cruise price. The old way seemed to work just fine.

You're smart to book early. These cruises sell out fast. Have no idea when the new dates will be out but you can call and ask the reps. Most likely, they'll have no idea either. :cool:

It is still listed on Celebrity's website - just have to check the box "cruise packages" (after clicking advanced search) to bring it up.

Hi

We did the 10 day package in March 2015. We enjoyed it very much. It was our 45th anniversary. I recommend the 10 day package, which includes flights between Quito and Galapagos. Very difficult to do these flights on your own.

We booked the trip in Jan 2013. The trip fills up fast and I suggest booking 2 years ahead---better choice of cabins.

Tom

Edited by Tom47

The deployment schedule for 2017/2018 is here: LINK. And the link for 2016/2017: LINK.

So for 2020 deployment, I would assume it'll be quite similar. I would just keep checking every day on CC as it gets closer to October of 2018. But it looks like EARLY December of 2018 is when you can book. You've sailed on Celebrity before, so you'll be able to use the Loyalty Members booking date.

We just did this trip this past summer...

We did the 10 night package with Quito...but we also added an extra night pre-cruise at the Marriott Quito on our own. Booking the additional night on our own gave us an extra day to relax and enjoy Quito before most of the tour got there...but it also meant we had to grab our own taxi from the airport to the hotel (no big deal).

We booked ours while onboard the Silhouette, IIRC, a little over two years prior to our sailing and were able to grab one of the lowest price cabins. Later, we heard there had been a problem with the AC on some of those Deck 3 cabins--and we were able to get Celebrity to upgrade us--but I understand that AC problem has since been fixed. Except for the suites, most of the cabins are, basically, the same and the only real differences are deck and location--but, the ship is so small that location matters little. Those cheaper cabins do sell off very quickly.

I would recommend contacting Celebrity directly (or having your TA call) rather than dealing with the website.

As to the Inner vs. Outer loop thing, I, personally, think it matters little. Yes, they visit some different islands, but you get a similar, very full experience either way.

For a whole lot of information about the Galapagos trip, check out this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2069149

Good luck.

Ps: As to the new 14 passenger ship, I think they plan on using that for single group semi-private charters--so, if you have 14 in your party, they can assign you that ship for your group. We thought the Xpedition, at 96 passengers, was a great size. We really got to know just about everyone onboard.

Edited by Bruin Steve

Husband and I are taking our first Celebrity cruise this November (2016). If we purchase future cruise credits on board, will we be able to use them for Galapagos in 2020, assuming we book it in 2018? Wasn't sure of the rules of how long you have to redeem the credits.

If you have an iPad (might be available on Android) you can download Celebrity's own app from the App Store that is just about the Gallapagos. Everything you could want to know including pricing, dates, deck plans and it works great.

They also have iPad apps for Alaska, Europe and the Americas (includes Caribbean).

New cruises are generally released between the last 2 weeks of November and the first 2 weeks of December. Captain's Club members are suppose to book prior to the general public. So about November 2018 watch Cruise Critic and you will generally find the release schedule.

If you use an agent they will also have advance notice of the release dates of the new booking schedule.