Caribbean Princess still anchored in Houston

cru1

The weather in Houston has been horrendous overnight. The port has had mostly wind, but there are areas west of downtown that have had 16+ inches of rain since last evening.:eek::confused::eek: A good portion of Houston is closed today, and many roads are impassable.

There may be a break for a few hours later this morning before Round 2 starts, but I don't know if it will be enough for the ship to get out.

Edited by Cindy

The weather in Houston has been horrendous overnight. The port has had mostly wind, but there are areas west of downtown that have had 16+ inches of rain since last evening.:eek::confused::eek: A good portion of Houston is closed today, and many roads are impassable.

There may be a break for a few hours later this morning before Round 2 starts, but I don't know if it will be enough for the ship to get out.

The west and the north have gotten slammed. We are on the east side so we are getting it now. I haven't seen this kind of weather in Houston in a long time.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

All these bad weather issues in the Houston area are also potentially troublesome news for those of us who are boarding the ship in FLL.

We fly down tomorrow, so hope conditions improve enough for the ship to be able to get out of there soon enough to make it to FLL on Wednesday so we can get on board!! If we can't, I hope our hotel can accommodate us for another night.

I just got a phone call from a friend who's on board. The Captain said last night they would be leaving early morning. Thus far, at 7:45 Texas time there have been no further announcements, it's still raining and ship is standing still.

Yeah, wow. It looks nasty on the webcam. Ad they are stuck in Texas waters, as gcvt noted!

I guess there are worse things than being docked on the ship and waiting out a storm. Maybe they'll get a free drink or something. Or special dispensation to break out the non-Texas wine!

I hope they get out soon and the rest of the cruise goes well. We have neighbors who are on this cruise.

ML

I hope they get out soon and the rest of the cruise goes well. We have neighbors who are on this cruise.

ML

And we are supposed to visit with our on board friends on Wednesday in FLL. Was supposed to spend the whole day with them. The ship cannot miss FLL where the majority of TA passengers will be embarking.

the webcam is working again. It looks like it might be clearing up a bit and I thought I saw a tug approaching a few minutes ago.

Maybe there's hope!!

RC has a post saying there will be a delayed departure from FLL.

Just received another phone call from our friends. There is no internet and there is no TV. The last announcement they received is that they are first in line for departure. But they also have not raised the walkways and it is said that there is too much fog to leave now. My friend will call me when they finally get underway and I will post it here. At least she has her telephone.

Just received another phone call from our friends. There is no internet and there is no TV. The last announcement they received is that they are first in line for departure. But they also have not raised the walkways and it is said that there is too much fog to leave now. My friend will call me when they finally get underway and I will post it here. At least she has her telephone.

Ditto, my mom and aunt heard the same announcement. I just saw a large poof of black smoke shoot out of the funnels, either lunch got burned or ????

We were booked on this cruise, but decided just before forfeiture time that we didn't want to go. We have cousins from Seattle that are on it and going. Just talked with them and they are about to depart. The tugs are there and will be helping them get out in the next 30 minutes or so. NOW I definitely wish we would not have cancelled. But no fear, I am diligently looking for other cruises. We were on CB for the 4 day cruise when it came back to Bayport (we live about 7 miles from the pier). It wasn't one of our favorite ships. Princess has some very nice ships but CB just wasn't to our tastes. She is nice and clean and the food was fine, the entertainment good, but just not open enough on the inside of the ship, for us. That was the major reason we cancelled. One couple of the cousins are Platinum and the other couple are Elite and have never been on CB, so we didn't say anything to them about our feelings toward the ship. CB is a one off ship and not like any of Princess's other ships, and our cousins really enjoy Princess over other cruise lines, though they one is Diamond and the other Diamond Plus on RCCL and they have cruised on several other lines, Carnival, Seabourn, NCL, Viking. They don't really like the river cruises, too port intense for them. :) But again, NOW I wish we would not have cancelled. Oh well. Lots of cruises to choose from.

Will miss Princess in this part of the World. Hope they can find way back to Galveston. Sure loved sailing out of Bayport on Emerald Princess. Guess they made arrangements to get the passenger to Fort L. airports in Houston are both still closed.

We were booked on this cruise, but decided just before forfeiture time that we didn't want to go. We have cousins from Seattle that are on it and going. Just talked with them and they are about to depart. The tugs are there and will be helping them get out in the next 30 minutes or so. NOW I definitely wish we would not have cancelled. But no fear, I am diligently looking for other cruises. We were on CB for the 4 day cruise when it came back to Bayport (we live about 7 miles from the pier). It wasn't one of our favorite ships. Princess has some very nice ships but CB just wasn't to our tastes. She is nice and clean and the food was fine, the entertainment good, but just not open enough on the inside of the ship, for us. That was the major reason we cancelled. One couple of the cousins are Platinum and the other couple are Elite and have never been on CB, so we didn't say anything to them about our feelings toward the ship. CB is a one off ship and not like any of Princess's other ships, and our cousins really enjoy Princess over other cruise lines, though they one is Diamond and the other Diamond Plus on RCCL and they have cruised on several other lines, Carnival, Seabourn, NCL, Viking. They don't really like the river cruises, too port intense for them. :) But again, NOW I wish we would not have cancelled. Oh well. Lots of cruises to choose from.

Off topic I know...but how is the Caribbean Princess different? Thank you if you catch this.

Off topic I know...but how is the Caribbean Princess different?

Caribbean Princess is a copy of the first-generation Grand Class (Grand, Golden, and Star Princess) with one extra deck of cabins but no other additions. The ensuing ships of that build (Crown, Emerald and Ruby Princess) have a different and far superior layout of public areas. Caribbean lacks the improved features of the Gem-class Diamond and Sapphire that came before it (better designed Skywalkers, more open deck space, rear elevators go to all decks) while replacing Vista Lounge with the useless Club Fusion and deleting the covered pool area. Not that she is a bad ship but in hindsight there are a lot of anomalies that thankfully were fixed on the next ships delivered to Princess.